Code of Conduct

Thread: en avion

Default en avion

had great expectations for this one after trying and subsequently stocking up on tabac blond, one of my favourites! en avion is similar but lacks any element of class or originality that make tabac blond so special. en avion has a grand opening that unfortunatley quickly fades to an unpleasant piney resinous semi sour tone that lasts a while, then into a sweet powdery base... that doesn't really get a comment either way neg or pos...

overall a bit dissapointed

Default Re: en avion

Great info. I have been wondering about this one. I am also intrigued by Tabac Blond. Would you give a review of it as well?

Thanks in advance.

Kelley

Default Re: en avion

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Great info. I have been wondering about this one. I am also intrigued by Tabac Blond. Would you give a review of it as well?

Thanks in advance.

Kelley
    sure, tabac blond in my opinion is an absolute winner. I don't know if you are familiar with other leather scents but I will try to explain it in terms of the ones I know. the initial blast of tabac blond is just slightly reminiscent of the harsh blast of creed's russian leather (cuire de russie). that harsh note lingers for a while but its incredibly subtle... and... well its not harsh in tabac blond you see its just similar to the cuire de russie but far more toned down.

on the drydown it becomes a semi sweet, very elegant leather, something like vintage leather luggage (w/ suede interior). this is probably just an assosciation I have. at this point it starts to be a bit more similar to creed's REL or lutens' cuire mauresque. but not very similar. mostly in sweetness. tabac blond never loses its touch, the whole way through. the final drydown is very much like the middle drydown. the best thing for you to do would probably be to buy a small sample vial from Buffalo_Gal. she has the pure extrait form, which is the form I definatley recommend. and it wouldn't be too costly. wear it a few times and make up your mind