Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Chanel's Cuir de Russie

Hi,
    Anyone ever use or try Chanel's Cuir de Russie, the toilette or the perfume? If so, does the toilette have decent sillage and lasting power, also is the perfume too floral for a guy? I'm primarly interested in the leather note.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Chanel's Cuir de Russie

This is my favorite CdR, and I've tried a few by this name. Creed's is a bit porky, while Piver's is astringent; but Chanel has a good balance of floral to non-floral notes and wears fine for males or females. Yes, nice leather, and the EdT is fine, although the perfume divine.

Thanks docluv45, I think I'll get both the toilette and perfume.

Serpent

Chanel's Cuir de Russie is eternally locked in struggle with Caron's Tabac Blond for the title of greatest leather scent of all time. This is really sexy in a stern mistress sort of way. Chanel's Cuir de Russie is also reportedly Mick Jagger's signature fragrance. The eau de toilette, like all of the classic 1920s Chanels, has very short longevity, and it's a bitter, shriekingly hard scent (in the very best way). The parfum is sexy beyond belief.

Thanks Serpent. Would you get both of them?

Serpent

The eau de toilette is sharper, thinner, probably more suited to a man, but not by much. It's pretty short-lived. Go for the parfum.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    while Piver's is astringent;
    I'm not sure what you mean by astringent - but I don't think it's meant to be good. I must admit to not being overly fond of L.T.Piver's Cuir De Russe just after application, but it does settle down to quite an interesting and mellow honey and leather scent for the rest of the day.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 29th August 2006 at 04:24 PM.

I have no problem with the longevity of the edt. I have quite an oily skin and it seems to help it last a good 6-7 hours.

I also find the edt not lasting enough. Though I still find that edts in general create more sillage than pure perfume extracts, which last longer but tend to stay closer to the skin.

Basenotes Institution

Tried this for the 2nd time today (leaving the gym) and I swear I sprayed 15 times and it still DISAPPEARED in about an hour on me - horrible longevity. It now (about 2 hours later) smells like perhaps the soap I used had the CDR scent on it, not that I sprayed the cologne on myself. Unbelievable.

And THIS is one of Chanel's Les Exclusifs? Are they serious?

According to the Chanel rep in my town they only do a 120ml, and can only be bught in London,don't know if this is the case, i would like to try this one...
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG