Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances of the World Online, huh?

I'm just checking this website (http://www.fragrance-editions.com/fa...p.asp?letter=o) out again after a few months. I don't think I reacted like this last time I tried that Michael Edwards recommend-feature, but it sure is weird and doesn't really give you anything worth anything inmo.

Has anyone else tried this? Does it collect notes and give you other fragances sharing the same ones or what?

For example, clicking on Daim Blond will give you these recommendations: Stetson Black, Guards No 1 PH and Krizia Uomo Istinto. If I then choose CdG Odeur 71 I get: Stetson Black, Guards No 1 PH and Nutrimetics Aqua PH.

Stetson Black is one of the fragrances popping up again and again and again. While I haven't smelled that exakt Stetson, I've smelled others and they sure as amen in the church (some Swedish saying here, heh) don't add up to anything similar to either Daim Blond or Odeur 71.

Amouage Gold PH and Bvlgari Eau Parfumée Au Thé Blanc (and what on earth to these two have in common?!?) will both give you Lotto Lotto Man.

Chergui, Etro Ambra and MPG Ambre Préciéux will all give you: Perry Ellis 360° White for Men, Demeter Fragrance Library Black Russian and Caesars World Caesars Man Emperor.

Is that site intended to be anything but a joke? I like the idea and the lists they have are very extensive, but the end result is only amusing.
    Last edited by shifts; 29th August 2006 at 01:40 PM.

Default Re: Fragrances of the World Online, huh?

I don't get it either. It seems regardless of what I input, Michael Edwards is just positive that I'll love Chanel Allure Homme. He smells some wacky wacky similarities. I, too, am curious as to just what kind of algorithm he uses for this.

I have had big question marks appearing over my head with some of his recommendations. Very strange!

I've tried it as well but there are so many missing scents that a lot of the stuff i like and have it's not even on it.
    I find it rather simple, i think the best recs could come from ourselves.