Code of Conduct

Default Idole at the office.

Today I was feeling intrepid, especially after a couple of days of making myself be polite by wearing something light and appropriate - I had just had to bring a bit of the savage to bear with Idole.

It really is a remarkably transparent fragrance. Indeed, I now know how that term is used for describing fragrance. It is clear and sharply focused, nothing muddled.

Wearing it at night evokes an image of a bonfire on a dark tropical island. Wearing it in the day, I was much more aware of that rum note, fresh, spicy and alcoholic. Combined with that smokiness, it is like you are stumbling into work, not yet recovered or cleaned up from a party that extended into the wee hours.

But the drydown! That smooth bouquet of spices, just hinted with rum and a tiny touch of sweetness - all with no heaviness. For most of the day it is present, light and clear, and just immensly enjoyable. I really think that anyone who likes Satellite's Padparadscha should make sampling this a priority. Very similar spice notes, but IMO with a smoother, clearer composition.

Has anyone else dared to wear this to work?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Idole at the office.

That is a great description of the Idole experience. I wear it to work without a second thought and I get regularly complimented as well.

This is indeed an Oliva G. creation at her finest. I've been wearing this fragrance for for six months and is on my top ten. Not to mention the bottle-- it's all good! Lubin house is back in business:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Yes, frequently......

However, If possible, I plan ahead allowing for a little extra time to dull the initial bite.....

Beautiful stuff..........

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos
    Yes, I don't think twice about wearing this superb scent at the office, or at night. Simply a great and versatile scent imho.

Jeff

I wore this to work once (when Lubin sent me a sample), and loved it. It's actually delicious.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

It's perfect for the office! Very close to the skin.

By the way, have you seen the website? They added some music now. :http://www.lubin-parfum.fr/
    Last edited by eric; 31st August 2006 at 05:14 PM.

After reading this thread it's my Sotd! Wow--it's always a treat when I put it on. It's really delicious:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I'm new to this fragrance and aside from evening experiments in my own home I was holding off until the weather cooled but I just couldn't any longer. The descriptions here are perfect. I love its boozyness and I actually felt sort of rebellious wearing it to work. I think I'll wear it tomorrow...just sort of seems right on a Friday.

I didn't wear it today, and wished that I did.