Code of Conduct

Default How to fix the Bulgari Black bottle.

Hey guys

I haven't been around for a while... lot's of stuff happening at the moment and I feel like I have all I need fragrance-wise. Still lurking around now and then though.

I know many people, now including myself, have had problems with the Bulgari Black bottle. The best advice is to always leave it in the "on"-position but if you happen to travel a lot then it's not really an option. After some time my bottle broke too. I couldn't turn it from off to on, apparently because the sprayer mount was loose from the bottle and was just turning with the sprayer. Quite a problem since you are then unable to push the sprayer down to get the juice out. I know many many people have had this problem.

I found out that in order to fix this you just need to turn the sprayer in the "on"-direction as fast as you can. The tiny bit of friction the sprayer still has should be enough to make it go all the way to the "on"-position if you turn it fast enough. That's how it worked for me and my BB is now working fully again.

I hope this might work for others too.

Default Re: How to fix the Bulgari Black bottle.

The only problem I have with the bottle is that it's too wide and takes up a lot space in my "FragBox".
    But the one bottle that's even worse is Bulgari Aqua. Jesus Christ that thing is huge.

Conspiracy Theory: Bulgari is trying to take up all the space in your "fragbox" so you don't have space for any other brands.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Hehe, I've found out that if you don't use a lot of Bulgari Black then it's a good idea to buy the small bottle. It's footprint is somewhat smaller and it's also a lot easier to handle when spraying.

Genius! This should be a sticky.

I leave mine "on" all the time but my roommate thought it was a screw on cap and twisted it like there was no tomorrow. We twisted it many, many rotations for minutes before I decided to come here and search "fix bulgari black". Minilomaniac, you are the man! My bottle is now working again after the twisting brutality it went through.

Thank heavens I've not had to perform this little bit of surgery on my "Black" bottle, but now, I feel a bit more confident, come what may! :-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    The only problem I have with the bottle is that it's too wide and takes up a lot space in my "FragBox".
    But the one bottle that's even worse is Bulgari Aqua. Jesus Christ that thing is huge.

Conspiracy Theory: Bulgari is trying to take up all the space in your "fragbox" so you don't have space for any other brands.
    HEE! Quoted for truth. I used to keep all my fragrances on a shelf in my bathroom, since I don't have a vanity or dressing table. After coming home with three new bottles of Serge Lutens, I decided that my collection was too precious to risk losing bottles to an earthquake. They're nestled in a tray on my dresser.

Also, I agree with you on the Bvlgari note! one of the largest bottles I've got is Bvlgari's Pour Femme. It takes up more space than even my Angel star bottles!

I bought my bottle of Bulgari Black at Nordstrom several years ago and had come to wear it less and less often because of that stupid bottle. At their Fall Fragrance Festival just this year, I told the Bulgari Rep that I wouldn't buy another one of their fragrances because I was so upset about my bottle malfunctioning. In any case, she told me to take it back to the store and they replaced it no questions asked. My three-year-old (large size) that was less than half-full has now been replaced by a brand new one...and if it breaks again, I'll take it to Nordstrom a second time! Great place to buy frags, that one...

Best of Luck!

Thank you Minilomaniac. I have tried testing Black at the store but the sprayer was broken. I was afraid that if I bought some and took it home I'd not be able to use it after some time. Now I know it can be fixed. :-)

Way to much grief with that
    bottle - so I just decant them
    into an old SMN Nostalgia bottle...
    Makes things a lot easier.
    CG

just picked up a new bottle today and to my surprise, the fancy on/off mechanism has been replaced with a standard sprayer. i guess bulgari got the hint after all the complaints. i've had a few bottles break in the past myself, so this is a big relief. the new bottle may not be as "cool", but at least now they work!
    "Yo soy un hombre sincero de donde crece la palma, y antes de morirme, quiero echar mis versos del alma."

JosÚ MartÝ

does anyone know if you can still get it replaced? also do you need the box to get it replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by richyac View Post
    just picked up a new bottle today and to my surprise, the fancy on/off mechanism has been replaced with a standard sprayer. i guess bulgari got the hint after all the complaints.
    I saw a new-style tester at the Nordstrom flagship in Seattle a few days ago, too.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."