Code of Conduct

Default The missing link....?

Hey guys. I've been thinking about my (as yet) modest collection of colognes and wonder if anyone would suggest that I'm missing any key familiy members of my little fragrance bottle society. I do tend to shy purposely away from heavy orientals, however. I'd appreciate anyone giving a quick overview and maybe dropping a few names guided by my leanings.

Tabarome by Creed
    Aquaman by Rochas
    Bulgari Aqua
    Armani Code
    Romance Silver
    Romance
    Obsession (one heavy oriental that I have)
    M7
    Mediterraneum by Versace
    Vera Wang
    Habit Rouge
    Mambo
    Cool Water
    Bellagio by Fragluxe
    Kenneth Cole New York

Default Re: The missing link....?

I just got a 20ml size bottle of KenzoAir. It's a very light vetiver scent with a fleeting anise/angelica type note in the top. I'm a lover of dark, smokey frags, but I do enjoy light ones every once and awhile. I got KenzoAir to help balance out my collection. My Odeur 53 can't do that alone, which to me is ultimate "air" scent. KenzoAir is'nt terrible, but it seems that it's trying so hard to be a CDG scent: the drydown reminds me so much of CDG's Rhubarb for some reason. I even did a comparison with a Rhubarb sample that I had lying around.

It's worth checking out if you like light frags. And the bottle?....it's the strangest one in my collection. I bought KenzoAir blind and I don't regret it! Part of the reason is that I got it for cheap. I've been needing a light vetiver scent, anyway. I threw away my bottle of Carven Vetiver last year.... which I regret doing.

Cheers!

S

You need a gourmand. Of course it could be that you lack one because you dislike them for the same reasons that you dislike heavy orientals, but you should really have one anyways. Angel Men is the best. Fucking nuts good. I can't wait til the temp gets low so I can rock it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    You need a gourmand. Of course it could be that you lack one because you dislike them for the same reasons that you dislike heavy orientals, but you should really have one anyways. Angel Men is the best. Fucking nuts good. I can't wait til the temp gets low so I can rock it all the time.
    LOL, so how about that A*Men? I tried a sample of A*Men and like it fairly well (though B*Men is another story) but I believe the original feminine version smells best, IMO. I could definitely wear A*Men on occassion but my wife HATES the entire Angel line. If it's not clean and/or fresh she generally doesn't care for it or outright hates it. She tolerates my dabbling and dabbing with as much grace as she can manage, but it's not so much fun when she's scrunching her face up in repulsion at a lot of what I have.

I was more interested in trying Casran in that I read it wasn't as challenging to wear as many of the gourmands tend to be. Well, that and H.M. but I haven't sniffed that one either. Many might argue, but Vera Wang has some slight gourmand qualities about it that I enjoy.

Thrax

Yumma dum dum. Hanae Mori HM EDP and A*Men. Two of the finest scents in my collection. Hanae Mori has a very chocolate covered cherry thing going on. Angel's logevity, I believe could outlast a nuclear winter.

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceFan255
    LOL, so how about that A*Men? I tried a sample of A*Men and like it fairly well (though B*Men is another story) but I believe the original feminine version smells best, IMO. I could definitely wear A*Men on occassion but my wife HATES the entire Angel line. If it's not clean and/or fresh she generally doesn't care for it or outright hates it. She tolerates my dabbling and dabbing with as much grace as she can manage, but it's not so much fun when she's scrunching her face up in repulsion at a lot of what I have.

I was more interested in trying Casran in that I read it wasn't as challenging to wear as many of the gourmands tend to be. Well, that and H.M. but I haven't sniffed that one either. Many might argue, but Vera Wang has some slight gourmand qualities about it that I enjoy.
    I like B*Men more than A*Men. A*Men is just too much coffee and chocolate. The spices in B*Men liven up things a bit and provide a much needed diversity of notes.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I like B*Men more than A*Men. A*Men is just too much coffee and chocolate. The spices in B*Men liven up things a bit and provide a much needed diversity of notes.
    I just couldn't care overmuch for B*Men at all. Something harsh about that one that rubbed me the wrong way. Frankly, I don't see myself wearing any of the Angel line much as I like and appreciate them. I tried introducing my wife to Angel but she hated it. So I did the same for my mom and she loved it. I got her a small bottle for Xmas and she swears it's the only perfume she ever finished a bottle of and doesn't want to wear anything else. I guess the devotion isn't genetic. I do have this little sample of the A*Men aftershave that rocks though. When it actually ever does get cooler here I'll give A*Men another shot.

I did try a sample of this stuff that simply said "Olivier Strelli" on the vial. Never heard of it, but gave it a shot before bed. Oh man, this was fantastic! Had a definite chocolate character to it. But unlike Serendipity 3 which basically smelled like you rubbed a Hershey bar on you this smelled like a proper cologne. Really smooth and sexy. Now I think it might be for women, but I could pull it off easy.