Code of Conduct

Default Havana vs. Idole de Lubin

Both are spicy boozy woody fragrances and both seem to be suitable for autumn and winter. I DO have access to Havana but I'd have to order Idole over the net so I'm a little more inclined towards Havana. Both of these seem like they work really well in cooler weather but could also work in warmer temperatures as well and I like fragrances that I can wear year round.

So yeah, I was just wondering which of the two many of you prefer and why.

Default Re: Havana vs. Idole de Lubin

I wore Idole two days ago and it worked fine even on a hot summer day. I think it's meant to be worn in the summer.:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Hands-down Idole...Havana smells like a cheap noodle-soup...Not well-blended spices in this one.
    Idole is much more interresting with its dark blend of spices and rum, an an added sweet sandalwood-drydown...

Idole was created by the genius Olivia Giacobetti (Hiris, Tea for Two, Premier Figuier, among many others) and it is superb. I highly recommend it.

Idole de Lubin is much, much more spicy than Havana. I own bottles of both and at this point I go for the Havana more due to my own personal taste, but I'd say Idole is of better quality overall. In regards to the time of year or day to wear I think Havana definitely works on the warmer and cooler days equally, while Idole is more of a cooler day fragrance. But, as mentioned above some like Idole in the summer.

I think the easiest way for you to make a choice to to make no choice at all and just buy both of them! Or wait, so that would be making a choice though wouldn't it? Bah ... buy 'em both!

Oscar- Are you serious? Have you ever actually tried Havana? You must have some very strange, fresh tobacco and rum noodle soup where you live.

Thanks for the response guys! But I'm still torn between the two : ( What to do.. what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Oscar- Are you serious? Have you ever actually tried Havana? You must have some very strange, fresh tobacco and rum noodle soup where you live.
    Hehe..Knew this would come.

This is of course only my opinion, after using it on MY skin, and there it just ends up as a spicy mess..Not very unlike a noodle-soup..

Seeing that it has only positive reviews in the directory, I don't get it I actually hate it as much as I do..And I am pretty sure it's genuine, as it is a decant bought from Scentemental

Idole de Lubin
    Without hesitation…
    I will not go on, most has been said
    already however, I leave with these
    thoughts…
    Christian Brothers or Clos du Bois,
    the man from Norway does have a point.
    CG

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
    Seeing that it has only positive reviews in the directory, I don't get it I actually hate it as much as I do.
    I'm with you in this opinion but I do respect the admiration it gets here. On me it is a chaotic mess and quite unpleasant. But, as my grandmother was fond of saying, "If you like that sort of thing, then this would be the sort of thing you would like." I don't. Where Havana is random and chaotic, Idole is harmonized and playful. Havana is bravado and machisimo where Idole is randy and flirtatious.

A vote for Havana here. I found Idole too sweet. What I like about Havana, apart from that raw, wonderful tobacco-bay rum accord, is that although I think it was created later, it somehow bottles up the "extreme" spirit of the early 1980s. Then again, that's a very subjective reason to like it.