Code of Conduct

Default Review: Obsession for Men by CK

This scents holds a special place in my collection. Mainly because it was formed the year I was born, 1986. I would like to consider this my signature scent, if I had one. To me, Obsession smells like sweet soap. I love the notes of amber, lavender, and nutmeg in this one. I can also smell a hint of cinnamon. The mid-notes and and base notes of this oriental are the best part. It is a very sweet yet woody smell at the same time. It has great sillage and longetivity on my skin which will make me smelling clean and good for hours. This is CK best creation and a great scent to add to any collection.

Default Re: Review: Obsession for Men by CK

I also liked the fact that Calvin Klein - unlike everybody else - was very generous with the aftershave balm tube of this scent. It was about the same price as everyone else's but, at 200ml, double the size.

The balm was quite potent, and I often don't feel I need the scent when I use the balm.
    Renato

Obsession is a classic. CK hit the ringer on the name too.

Obsession was my first fragrance purchase. I remember saving up my money to get the smallest bottle available months after I'd received a sample. You describe it the way I remember it then, especially the cinnamon. I wore it all the time, and I had every product in the product line at one time or another. I especially liked the liquid talc. It seems like every time the store had a "gift with purchase," I'd find an excuse to get replenish something in my stock, so I was well-equipped with all things Obsession. (And they had some really cool stuff then.) So, I guess I was obsessed with Obsession at one time.

I've got a small travel spray of it now, and sadly, it just doesn't smell the same. I've wondered whether it was somewhat reformulated over time. The cinnamon is almost non-existent to me now. I'd give almost anything to experience it the way I did when I first sprayed on that sample...

--Tim
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

It is a great scent. Probaly CK's best frag. I also have obsession night and it is ok frag. I do the like the pear top notes in it and how it dries down into a more woody scent. But the orginal is still better.

I am "obsessed" with this fragrance also. It stays on my skin all day long and just gets better with time. I wish they would bring back more body products. Most stores carry little or none. I too just loved the liquid body talc. It was so smooth and silky and cool. Please bring it back CK!

I love CK's Obeseeion for men! It's easily the most appealing mens fragrance I've ever smelled (and I've sampled a lot!) I don't even care about the old-man comments about this one (ToadKings I was born a year earlier than you in '85). I'm 27 and not ashamed to wear this stuff! It's easily the warmest and most inviting scent I've ever smelled! Hope they never discontinue it! Apparently Bill Clinton wears this (who knows if he still does though)?

Obsession is the best CK fragrance. The cinnamon is so nice in this one.

My son still wears this and likes it. I personally don't care much for it.

I have to say as a child of the 80's it was nice but what is available now is not Obsession

I Smelled and loved it so i ended up buying it, To me it smells like coke cola or is that just me?

I love this scent think it's a classic (Hi Haters)
    Current Signature scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Alvus View Post
    Obsession is the best CK fragrance. The cinnamon is so nice in this one.

+ 1
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    10. Creed - Royal Oud

Ugh, this fragrance is loved by many people but every time I try it, I get that "old man" scent. No offense to the older gentlemen here. I may have to give this one another try.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Calvin Klein has a lot of boring (and mediocre) fragrances out there, but this one is actually pretty good. Nice review, OP.

I noticed that the 2012 Obsession that is being sold is different (a reformulation maybe). Or it's the same and my tastes are maturing.

Here's my deal:

Alot of people get the old man vibe.
    yes it's there but i prefer to call it sophisticated vibe over an "Old man" vibe, i feel this is for a young professional because even though it has an aged sophistication it does have a sweetness and is pretty taime to me it's a combination of "Eau Sauvage" and "Musc Ravajour"
    Current Signature scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

Basenotes Junkie

I just got a sample of this the other day. Great smelling frag. I can see why it's a classic. Though, it does seem very dated compared to what is popular today. I don't think I would ever wear the stuff. It just gives off way too much of an 80s vibe.

I used to love Obsession. This was back in the mid 90's when I used to borrow my father's bottle. I bought it for myself a few years ago and it unfortunately doesn't smell the same. The main essence is there but something is missing. Depth? Perhaps it was reformulated.