Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Montale Aromatic Limes

Wearing a small bit of a sample. The lime is not a tart lime, but it seems balanced with something akin to a powdery note. I could not read up on it with the directory, so seems I may be the first to comment. Usually, limes scents are known for not being very long-lived. Some can be a bit of a tart (Truefitt and Hill's West Indian Limes) and some can be short-lived (Royalle's scent is what I had in mind).

This one is just nice, nothing more. More of a calming sort of lime, not one to make a statement.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Montale Aromatic Limes

I am excited about trying this. I have a sample on the way!

The following is the description of notes in this fragrance from the Montale file that I have :

The strength of lime with the many hesperidia scents of bitter orange, saffrom, galbanum and myrrh, built around vetiver, sandalwood and patchouli leaves.

I tried it and the sillage was great, longevity was fair. On me it stayed on for 6 + hours. Please keep in mind longevity depends on one's body chemistry, and how dry your skin is.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Post Thanks / Like

Vijay, sounds really great! My sample should be here tomorrow. The Montale website doesn't have a lot of information does it? Thanks for the list of notes.

Kelley

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

I do quite like the lime scent and thus I have hunted a bit to find a lime that does last. For the longest time the only lasting lime I could find was Crown Spiced Limes which really is an oriental take on the scent. Now, the most lasting lime based fragrance I know comes from this same company--Montale Aoud Lime, although the lime is just along for the ride on that overwhelming aoud. Sorry to hear this is not more of a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    I do quite like the lime scent and thus I have hunted a bit to find a lime that does last. For the longest time the only lasting lime I could find was Crown Spiced Limes which really is an oriental take on the scent. Now, the most lasting lime based fragrance I know comes from this same company--Montale Aoud Lime, although the lime is just along for the ride on that overwhelming aoud. Sorry to hear this is not more of a winner.
    But - it is a winner! Particularly, since this jewel isn't really based on, however smells strongly of lime for most. Some wrote that they pick up rose instad.These indivduals smell what they've actually bought in addition to oudh, and sandalwood. Someone wrote, that it includes mandarine. This is quite possible. I have not come across that information from a Montale source though. Aoudh Lime is in my top ten of two categories: 1) Best summer fragrances 2) Not sweet. The latter really means something, as I hardly own sweet scents at all. Aoud Lime is perhaps not an immediate hit for most. This and Cuir D'Arabie were initially at the end of the line of 7 oudhs tried. Others seemed immediate winners. By now they've moved to place three and four by my personal rating of Montale's, and that took months. The difficulty simply is - Montale has what - 30 new fragrances at once, best quality and very original all! Making a good selection here is different from choosing your baby from the Divine company! The local Agent Switzerland complained, he cannot possibly keep the whole selection in his store: 'they take up too much space in relation to turnover', and, unfortunately he decided to sell big bottles only. My problem is not the space, and I would be content with a couple of 50 ml bottles instead.
    Last edited by narcus; 3rd September 2006 at 02:51 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    But - it is a winner! Particularly, since this jewel isn't really based on anything near lime, however smells strongly of lime for most. Some wrote that they pick up rose instad.These indivduals smell what they've actually bought in addition to oudh, the other main ingredient!
    I'm confused by Aoud Lime. I've tried Montale's Aoud Lime and have to say I got no lime at all. It smelled like a less intense version of Attar - all oud, sandalwood, and rose. I read somewhere that it's not even supposed to smell like lime. I don't think that Montale lists lime as a note in Aoud Lime. Here's one note listing: http://www.fourseasonsproducts.com/i...-100-ML--90108

It's not an official listing, but the Four Seasons should be reliable. They probably just copy and paste whatever Montale sends them.

As for Aromatic Lime, that is supposed to have lime. I haven't tried it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Aromatic Lime does have lime in it. To me, it is one of the best smelling of limes scents that I have tried. I use a lot of shaving creams that are lime (Trumpers lime, Castle forbes lime, QED Limes) and even balms. Many of them are the acidic sort of lime, but aromatic limes is just that, very pleasant and not that harshness/acidity that can be associated with limes.

It is very, very wearable, and this one will be one of the longer lived ones. I went to bed having had it on for 4 hours and it was still going. I had some patchouli leaves on the other wrist and could smell it when I awoke this morning, but, alas, not so with Aromatic Limes.

For me, this is one of those scents that would be nice to have. It would be a changeup in summer and warmer weather, and it is not overpowering.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

oops, I goofed! I am sorry, I had not been aware that Montale makes two different Lime scents

- Aromatic Lime
    and
    - Aoud Lime
    which is not the topic here !

I did not intend to confuse the matter, and I am sorry if it happened. The official Montale website lists both fragrances. Aromatic Lime is for women there, and they have not published notes at all (but Vijay has, I misread them). Aoud Lime is m/f and they list the following notes:
    patchouli, aoud d’Arabie, bois de santal, ambre, iris, and safran (maybe they just forgot to mention the rose, and changed their aoudh source also).This is my scent of the day, and still going strong after six hours. It is also very lasting, was great in the summer heat, I remember. 'Attar', not a weak perfume when dabbed alone, is almost not noticeable against AL! I consider AL the strongest of the Montales I tried (12), and I do smell the lime, not rose. Somewhere I read that the effect happens when you combine rose with ....(?). The search produced 1.5 pages of threads for AL and I have no time to go through all of them now.
    Last edited by narcus; 3rd September 2006 at 01:31 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I just tried Aromatic Limes yesterday, my thoughts:

1. Extremely long lasting on me
    2. Strong, strong lime scent, which transitions to what seemed to be a nice, soapy, powdery scent.
    3. Sillage is above average

Seemed to me to be a "winter" cologne; its kinda heavy. So far, I give it a thumbs up.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)