Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Return of the "who has it", "who wants it" links

Grant has revived this incredible feature in the directory. I strongly encourage all members to use it. If you look up a frag, on the right side of the page you will see a link to who has it, who wants it, and who is willing to decant it. This applies only to wardrobe listings, not to those on the swap or sell boards. It gives one an opportunity to initiate private swaps and purchases with other members. I have used this feature dozens of times to obtain desired frags or to sell those I no longer want. Try it!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Return of the "who has it", "who wants it" links

Please excuse one bump, as I think this is worthwhile.

I have used this features but with the cologones I want, the people are not looking for anything in my swap list. How can I go about swapping with them if they dont have anything I want?

I would go to the swap board and post but I dont have enough post to make a topic there. Can someone give me advice about what I asked?

KingMist, I guess you'd be out of luck if you want to swap with someone but have nothing they want.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Serpent

You can always go to the page of the scents you have to swap and see who wants it (Wish List) and what they have to offer on their own swap list. You may not find a scent that you're specifically looking for, but there my be something else of interest there.

I tried Serpent but no luck. Will still look

Basenotes Plus

Click on someone's wardrobe link or icon. See what they have and what they want. Send them a PM(private message) with a proposal just as I have done with you a moment ago.

I've always thought my most boring and sometimes hideous fragrances that has ended up on my swap list wouldn't get me anywhere. Just a few weeks ago a lady on Manhattan let me know that she wanted me (this one is the hideous one) Grant G2. So I sold it for $37.5. Something I really wanted to throw into the trash was obviously someone else's gold. Don't give up KingMist!

There are a few different strategies:

The first is to visit the page of a scent you really want. Then click the link to see who has it available for swap. Of that list, one of the people might have something that you own on their wish list.

Another good "reverse-strategy" is to look at your swap list and go to each fragrance, then see who has it on their wish list, and consequently visit their swap list to see what is potentially available to you via swap. This strategy may have already been described, but its hard to explain so I hope this helps newcomers.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 7th September 2006 at 05:07 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

"The first is to visit the page of a scent you really want. Then click the link to see who has it available for swap."
    I don't understand. You mean go to the Basenotes Directory, find a scent there and see who has it available? I can't find any indication of swapping on any scent I've searched. Where would that be?

And what about decants rather than swaps? Is there a way to find those?

Thanks

Basenotes Plus

On the right side of the directory page for that frag is a link to who has/wants what. When you then click on their name you will see their wardrobe with their swap/want lists. Decants are readily available on the sell/swap boards.