Code of Conduct

Thread: Le Maxi Male

Default Le Maxi Male

This afternoon I joined a friend who wanted to go looking for a new scent and called me to join. I thought this would be a challenge for me but for him it came down between Curve and Le Male. : (

Le Male won out! The only EDT spray they had left was 6.7 oz spray called Le Maxi Male. I can't believe all these supersized scents coming out on the market lately. I also can't believe the SA easly pushed in on him and he took it hook line and sinker...

I have to admit I was interesed in seeing the bottle the can was large enough. Back in the car he opened it my whoo that bottle looks like a sailor on steriods...the chest is huge! What I found unique is on the bottle in the upper shoulder blades is imprinted the Gaultier name.

By the way guys I sampled the BR scents...Slate....Black Walnut. Walnut was interesting in the begining but ended up like Curve in the end. Slate reminded me of a softer Chrome. Nice package and bottles though...jus is a let down...

Default Re: Le Maxi Male

I read about the Le Maxi Male size, too... a Seattle newspaper just wrote about it. But still, 6.7 ounces of Le Male is enough to make you want to apply it in several coats (and this is coming from a person who likes Le Male). There's also a 1.3 oz Le Mini Male, too, complete with Gaultier lanyard... I saw it at Sephora a while back (it's also on their website).

Speaking of JPG, Gaultier˛ is finally starting to hit US stores. Tle local Macy's will be getting it on the men's counter (and probably the women's, too) real soon now (read: within the next 2 weeks).
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Does anyone by chance know where I can get this stateside? I am about out of my 4.2oz bottle and don't see myself disliking this one any time soon.

Basenotes Plus

Are you sure this is not a bogus copy? There are thousands of "Blue" bottles out now which are exact copies of the Le Male bottle with the wrong website address on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    This afternoon I joined a friend who wanted to go looking for a new scent and called me to join. I thought this would be a challenge for me but for him it came down between Curve and Le Male. : (
    Ugh, I know what you mean by this. It can be really annoying to 'tell' people that you're more into fragrances that aren't available on every corner. And it's even harder to pretend you like their taste in scents.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    What I found unique is on the bottle in the upper shoulder blades is imprinted the Gaultier name.
    The Le Male bottle was redesigned this spring, now all bottles (mini or maxi) feature the Gaultier "tattoo".

How much is the 6.7 oz going for retail? North of $100, I suspect. I also suspect those "Le Male Clouds" I get caught into will also increase.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy
    How much is the 6.7 oz going for retail?
    The Seattle Post-Intelligencer says $88 US.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

This can be found at Nordstrom and even Macy's in my area. It is going for $88.00.