Code of Conduct

Default Alternatives To Bulgari Verte Extreme

I've been continuously trying this one out in stores, whenever I come across it. Personally, I really love it but the longevity leaves little to be desired. Are there any other scents out there that smell very similar but have better longevity?

Serpent

Default Re: Alternatives To Bulgari Verte Extreme

I find Yang to be like an eau de parfum version of Eau Parfumée au Thé Verte. It has that same milk-and-grass "green tea" smell, but it's a plumper scent with more on the bottom. The quality is somewhat as if one poured cream into the clear, watery Bulgari version of green tea. I don't find Yang to be very long-lived, either, but it goes maybe an hour past the either of the Bulgari green teas (giving me about... two hours).

Serpent's description of Yang is pretty good, but to me it sounds closer to Vert than it is. True, they are both tea scents, but Vert is a clean refreshing tea, while Yang (on me) is a dirty, spicy, woody, earthy tea that dries down to a sort of dark but powdery finish. It's weird.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    Serpent's description of Yang is pretty good, but to me it sounds closer to Vert than it is. True, they are both tea scents, but Vert is a clean refreshing tea, while Yang (on me) is a dirty, spicy, woody, earthy tea that dries down to a sort of dark but powdery finish. It's weird.
    You may be right, but unfortunately, I never had time to find out as it most definitely shares one trait with Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert: terrible longevity. Everything dashed through and disappeared. I could detect some earthiness and woodiness, sure, but, darkness never came into play in the brief time I spent with Yang. I'd call Yang a muddier version of the Bulgari scent, but it doesn't move anywhere on the color chart.

For a tea scent that really goes "Kaboom!", Yang has nothing on Route du Thé from Barney's. It's the Bulgari/Yang faux green tea top note on a thick, sweet oriental base - vanilla, sandalwood - with a fat fistful of spice thrown in. On me, it's sort of like a cross between Yang and Pour Monsieur Concentrée. With more spice. (The amber goes big.) This tea scent definitely does show a dark thread as it dries, though this certainly isn't a straightforward replacement for the Bulgari with its oriental base notes, which is why I didn't mention it the first time. It has superior longevity to Yang, though, and is fairly complex. Plus, this scent's warm base makes it the best green tea scent for the approaching cooler weather.

The thing is, if one wants a scent to last longer than the watery Bulgaris, one will have to get one with deeper base notes. That's how it works. The Bulgari Eaux Parfumées are, with the exception of Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge, almost all top and heart notes. To make a scent showcasing the frail "green tea" note without virtually obliterating it, one cannot really mix it with much of anything stronger. Otherwise, it's just lost in the slurry.