Code of Conduct

Question How to pour perfume from EDT Spray to an atomizer?

Well due to the pathetic longetivity of most of the perfumes that ive owned and tried, compiled with my insatiable desire to clearly smell my perfume even at the end of the day i have decided to buy a bunch of atomizers and decant some of the perfumes that i own. I am goin to wear something from the main spray bottle in the morning and then carry its atomizer with me which would cater to my voracious apetite to smell my fragrance throughout the day :-)

Now ALL of them that i have are sprays...now how can i pour them in 10ml atomizers?

u think i cud spray them in a miniature funnel that pours the juice in the atomizer? i dont know if its feasible or not?
    anybody tried this?

any other suggestions?

gupts
    Last edited by gupts; 5th September 2006 at 11:20 AM.

Default Re: How to pour perfume from EDT Spray to an atomizer?

Yes, I do it all the time. That's exactly it. Spray into a funnel. On many spray mechanisms, if you press slowly rather than fast the juice trickles out rather than sprays. This way you loose very little.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I suggest reading the FAQ sections on "How do I decant?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    I suggest reading the FAQ sections on "How do I decant?"
    Where can i find the faq's?

The little funnel that comes with the Magnicare atomisers is good for pouring stuff into them. But you'd have to stay a bit away from it for the spray not to hit and have some bounce out.
    Quite frankly, the neck of the atomiser bottle should be big enough to just spray directly into it - you just have to be careful not to get sloppy while doing the 60 or so sprays to fill it.
    Renato

Blog Entries

I agree w/ Renato. I just spray directly into the atomizer w/ a steady hand.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    The little funnel that comes with the Magnicare atomisers is good for pouring stuff into them.
    Renato
    Where exactly can i find this 'Magnicare' atomizer?

gupts

1. Id like to know where the FAQ on the decanting is, as I would like to do this as well.

2. Does anyone decant into say a roll on applicator for use at the office? I got a decant of a Serge Lutens in a roll on applicator and I find that it lets me target my pulse points on my neck and wrists that much easier. If I got a small enough decanter, say oh, 1/3 to 1/2 ounce, I could have several wearings at the office to freshen up a midday. I also think I could avoid having, from what I have read, all of the skin cells contaminate the bottom of the decanter, or maybe that is wishful thinking.

Sam

Doesnt the spray method of decanting have an adverse effect on the fragrances' top notes ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan
    . . . I also think I could avoid having, from what I have read, all of the skin cells contaminate the bottom of the decanter, or maybe that is wishful thinking.

Sam
    I am also weary of rollon applicators not only due to the possibility of skin cells, but more importantly, bacteria and other flora.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    Where exactly can i find this 'Magnicare' atomizer?

gupts
    You'll see the Magnicare range of nail files and all those other womens accessories just about everywhere - in Chemists, Safeway, Myers. But it's only in places like Myers, David Jones and the really big Chemists that they have the full range, including the 15ml clear bottled atomisers. Some places sell them for around $12, while Chemist Warehouse had them for 8 or $9 - but I haven't seen them at my local one of late.

I found them handy when I've accidently bought a bottle of EDT that turned out to be splash rather than spray.

Perfume Connection sell their own different version of atomiser for 10 or $15, but they're smaller and very girly looking.
    Renato

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Doesnt the spray method of decanting have an adverse effect on the fragrances' top notes ?
    Nope, it's just transferring the juice. It doesn't harm the composition in any way that I've found, at least.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I order supplies from Sally over at accessoriesforfragrances.com - make sure you get little zip lock baggies too, they keep you from having accidents in your pants.

Er . . . you know what I mean.

use foil paper...and make a cone out of it...it works for me if you don't have a small funnel...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I've just used the steady hand, slow press of the sprayer method and it works well enough. Occasionally I'll get a bit on my hand or the side of the decant but I typically try to decant it the day I'm deciding to wear it so any over spray or dribble down that might happen gets used on me for my scent of the day anyway.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I agree w/ Renato. I just spray directly into the atomizer w/ a steady hand.
    +1. I own a leather Atomizer from Creed, fill with Aventus. I do not own the big flacon, so I just spray directly from my 75ml bottle in to the funnel that comes with the atomizer. It`s no problems to spray directly in to the atomizer without the funnel.