Code of Conduct

Default What replacements for my Axe...?

Im new to Basenotes and i still like my Axe deo's,however,id like to upgrade my tastes to the better,classier mens colognes...
    Please advize on some replacements for my Axe (I use a few of them)??

Thanks in advance

Default Re: What replacements for my Axe...?

sallyfish,

Welcome to Basenotes. With that being said, what type of the Axe deods do you like? Are you using the Deod spray or the Deod stick?

I used to use the Deod spray after I had showered at the gym, but I found that it often would linger and not mix well with my cologne application later in the day. So I went to a Deod that had an unscented scent, and then no more trouble in that category.

The first scent I went to after using Axe, was L'Eau D'Issey (original formula), and I found that it was a fairly easy transition. I also purchased Soprani Uomo at this same time, but I was looking for more "fresh" scents, and have now progressed more into Oriental scents and various others.

What are your tastes like? Do you like Sweet, Spicy, Wood, Musky, etc.

Lot's of Axe scents are worse versions of actual colognes so if you tell us which ones you have we might be able to better help you. All the help that I can give you is that I smelled one that was a distinctly worse version of Rive Gauche PH.

The Axe products in RSA have different names to the ones overseas.

If you're wearing a cologne, I'd highly recommend getting Mitchum unscented. That way you dont have your antiperspirant clashing with your EDT / EDC / EDP ...etc...

You get my PM saflyfish?

Hi
    Thanks guys for the responses.
    I absolutely love Axe Touch deo,but cant find the matching cologne...

I'm done with Axe too. I've been using their deodorants and body washes for years because they're cheap. There's actually a few of their scents that come to mind(Touch, Clix, Phoenix, etc.) that are decent, but let's face it, the body washes don't smell like anything once you step out of the shower. You only smell it as your using it. As for the deodorants, they made with cheap ingredients that aren't good for your body. No, fragrances in general probably aren't exactly healthy, but you're getting a lot more out of wearing Guerlain instead of Axe. I'll just have to test some better quality stuff like Molton Brown, Tom's of Maine, etc.

I usually use Axe as a deodorant along with my fragrances. Right now, my favorite Axe is Recovery. If you like fresh citrus scents, this one is really not bad. Very refreshing lime burst. (I had used Clix before, but Recovery is better). It kinda reminds me of Sean Jean's super fruity opening of I Am King, if you like that.

I have replaced mine with Malizia Uomo, however this may be hard for you to acquire.

Eau Sauvage

Of the ones I know:
    Kilo/Africa: JPG Le Male
    Dark Temptation: Animale Animale (next, Rochas Man; next A*Men)