Code of Conduct

Default Nino Cerruti Pour Homme

I thought this one was meant to be rare? I just picked up a 25ml bottle for £5.50 at my local chemist. The box has a big red dot in the front. The top notes I did not like but the drydown and the base reminded me of the powdery of Havana.
    Last edited by incedal; 5th September 2006 at 03:38 PM.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: Nino Cerruti Pour Homme

I also don't like the top notes, well, I don't like it at all! Bought blind a 25ml too and swapped it in a glance!
    It's too floral for me, weird. Looks like a feminine scent IMHO.

One of my favorites. The only juice besides Patou that I bought extra bottles of for storage.

I found it at a perfume shop recently for about $35.00 and was really surprised. I thought this was a rare, discontinued one also but I guess not.

I'm pretty sure that this classic scent is being manufactured again. I saw a bunch of new stock several months ago at Parfumerie Nasreen in Seattle. I'm pretty sure I asked and they said it was being made again. This is one of my favorites. There is a healthy dose of musk, along with > 100 other ingredients.

Jeff

Parfumie Nasreen has lots of random shit though though so that could mean anything, and I honestly don't trust those women all that much. They are never very nice to me either.

Superior fragrance. Sophisticated. Crisp, green, clean, dry and bracing. Jasmine and carnation give amplification to the pine, cedar and fir. I wear it a lot in the summer. I consider it far more green, herbal and woody than floral. It's classified as a rich green fragrance by Michael Edwards. With all of the pine, cedar and fir (there is an abundance of fir in the base) it's an amazing scent for the western wilderness. Dry down is excellent, a little more mossy, musky. Although no incense is listed in the pyramid on the Basenotes Nino Cerruti PH page, there is a prominent incense infusion that runs through the accord. Great tenacity and longevity. Pleasant all the way. Never fails in any category. Most definitely a classic.
    Last edited by pluran; 6th September 2006 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    Superior fragrance. Sophisticated. Crisp, green, clean, dry and bracing. Jasmine and carnation give amplification to the pine, cedar and fir. I wear it a lot in the summer. I consider far more green, herbal and woody than floral. It's classified as a rich green fragrance by Michael Edwards. With all of the pine, cedar and fir (there is an abundance of fir in the base) it's an amazing scent for the western wilderness. Dry down is excellent, a little more mossy, musky. Although no incense is listed in the pyramid on the Basenotes Nino Cerruti PH page, there is a prominent incense infusion that runs through the accord. Great tenacity and longevity. Pleasant all the way. Never fails in any category. Most definitely a classic.

A perfect, eloquent, and highly accurate description of a marvel of the perfumer's art, which for originality and complexity puts many niche fragrances to shame and outlasts all of them in terms of longevity. I have been wearing it on and off since the early 1980s, and I will never be without a bottle of this one.

The following description of its notes should give one a sense of the aromatic complexity and impressive blending which pluran conveys so well:

"Some 130 ingredients have been blended together to create a fragrance subtly aromatic and spicy, with green topnotes of jasmin, basil, tarragon, thyme, artemisia, juniper and lentiscus combined with rosemary, mint and galbanum. Mellowed woody notes are provided by oakmoss, patchouli, bourbon vetiver, cedar, mysore sandalwood, warmed with myrhh, incense, gum elemi, opoponax and cistus.”

I have to say, I am happy to see someone else recognize so clearly that there is an abundance of fir in this one.

Many thanks for your wonderful description pluran.

Regards,

scentemental

This is one I have been wanting to sample. I like what I like, regardless to the price. Damn to the herds, but they have their purpose.