Code of Conduct

Default Creed Millesime Imperial

WOW!

I finally got my decant today, and holy crap. I think this is the best fragrance I've ever worn. M7 Fresh was nice, but it always goes bad on me. Ungaro III was nice, but its also now going bad on me.. but Creed MI: WOW!

This is going to be my signature scent.

Now, of all the 20+ scents I have, only one IMO is worth a darn.

I'm going to sell my other ones, I think.

What do you recommend for someone who like Creed MI?

Default Re: Creed Millesime Imperial

Don't sell your other scents until you fully verify the longevity of MI...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Blog Entries

Congrats on finding this gem . I love the scent, my nose doesn't detect it on my skin after about an hour. I've heard from others that MI is still detectable by others even after I stop smelling it on myself, but if I'm going to shell out $$$, I'd like to smell it, ya know?

Have you tried Creed Silver Mountain Water? It's another exceptional frag, & unlike MI, it seems to last forever on my skin.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by joellark
    What do you recommend for someone who like Creed MI?
    ... trying a few other fragrances!!!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist! It's just that MI has NEVER worked for me: one of my blind buys that I'll regret forever!

On the serious side, I remember trying Puma Man awhile back and thinking that it was VERY similar (read "blatant attempt at a rip-off!") to MI.
    ..."net", not "naut".

I like MI very much and think that Unforgivable by Sean Jean is very similar. Puma man I think smells quite cheap (and is)(no offense to fans), but I do like the smell and almost bought it. I will wait to finish my Unforgivable (or trade it) before I undoubtably will move on to MI.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I like it. It has some similarities with Silver Mountain Water, and also with Erolfa, but among those three, I'd probably choose the MI. The Creed "house note" is particularly noticeable in MI.

Plus it's got that lovely gold bottle hehe!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Creed MI is one of the best smelling frags around, but there is an issue with longevity. I usually carry an atomizer with me to refresh.

I will always have a bottle of this in my colection!

What about Paco Rabanne XS? Do MI lovers like that as well.

I'm not really looking to have 5 fragrances in my wardrobe that all smell the same. I'm going more for "specialized" (?) recommendations? As in, someone who like the same thing I do would probably make a better recommendation for something new?

I dunno, I have 23 failures in my wardrobe.

Not all Creeds smell alike (far from it). There is a slight similarity between Erolfa and MI, although MI is brighter, but they are differnent enough after they develop to justify owning both. MI and SMW I don't smell a whole lot of similarity.

Try Himalaya, Tabarome, Neroli Savage or Acier Aluminum. These smell nothing alike and way different than MI.

Neroli Sauvage is excellent!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

MI is rather nice! I'd buy a bottle if I wasn't being to purposely tight at the moment. It lasts a fair time on me, and is both fresh and rich at the same time.

Sometimes, I can detect MI after 6 hours and sometimes not. Usually, Creeds last a while on me. I was patient and found a bottle for less than $70 (4 oz) and then got another deal on another one as a backup. Did that with GIT and with Eau Des Iles as well. These three I like that much

Sam

I think MI will end up like GIT and Cool Water. The release of Unforgivable and it's rise in popularity will put some people of of MI like people who do not like GIT do to CW. Sadly Unforgivable has already arrived here in the UK and is gaining popularity and because of this I sold me MI and also its poor lasting power had a hand in it.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    I like MI very much and think that Unforgivable by Sean Jean is very similar. Puma man I think smells quite cheap (and is)(no offense to fans), but I do like the smell and almost bought it. I will wait to finish my Unforgivable (or trade it) before I undoubtably will move on to MI.
    I find that MI is more similar to Wall Street by Bond no.9 than MI.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I find that MI is more similar to Wall Street by Bond no.9 than MI.
    How come ?
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I find that
    Unforgivable is more similar to Wall Street by Bond no.9 than MI.

EDIT
    -

Congratulations joellark! it's great when you find a frag that you react like that to!!

Try original vetiver.

Other creeds have a similar level of quality. Imperial is one of a batch of recent (ish) creed releases, you may like some of them. I'm not sure what else you have so I'm not sure what to recommend.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I have had no problem with lasting power. I apply it in the morning, then go to the grocery store in the afternoon, and everyone is aware that I'm wearing it. I wake up the next day, and I can still smell it on myself.

This is the ONE!

You lucky dog you ... being able to smell it almost a day afterwards? Make me sick Yeah, I think MI is an incredible fragrance too. It smells completely luxurious and sophisticated while having a dignified modesty to it. Pure beauty.

A couple of months ago I noticed UNforgiveable's striking similarity to MI and it's too true I live in a smaller town at the moment and haven't noticed anyone wearing it, but it would be a shame if it got to be so popular that you didn't want to wear MI for fear of a, "Ooooh! You smell great. I love that P. Diddy's Unforgiveable cologne, so good!" Ugh ... yeah, I don't want to hear that either.

Imitation is the highest form of compliment though, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Motecuzoma View Post
    You lucky dog you ... being able to smell it almost a day afterwards? Make me sick Yeah, I think MI is an incredible fragrance too. It smells completely luxurious and sophisticated while having a dignified modesty to it. Pure beauty.

A couple of months ago I noticed UNforgiveable's striking similarity to MI and it's too true I live in a smaller town at the moment and haven't noticed anyone wearing it, but it would be a shame if it got to be so popular that you didn't want to wear MI for fear of a, "Ooooh! You smell great. I love that P. Diddy's Unforgiveable cologne, so good!" Ugh ... yeah, I don't want to hear that either.

Imitation is the highest form of compliment though, I suppose.
    Too true. It made my stomach turn.

Talking Re: Creed Millesime Imperial

Millésime Imperial is for me the best scent ever...fresh, aquatic, and also warm...i just bought a bottle, yesterday! believe me i got many scents :-)
    I can´t wait til Virgin Island Water launches (in Europe May 07). I think this will be the perfect scent for me...SMW is also perfect...about the longtivity, it last about 6 or 8 hours (on my skin)...for a fresh scent is this ok for me...it smells sooo good...

Quote Originally Posted by joellark View Post
    What about Paco Rabanne XS? Do MI lovers like that as well.
    I have not had a chance to try the XS, but many others Basenoters have noted strong similarities between XS and Himalaya. I like Himalaya, but not nearly as much as MI, which is one of my favorite frags. The other Creed that I am most impressed with is Bois du Portugal, which is very different, but worth checking out.

Apart from blatant rip-offs, the one that remind me most of MI is SMW, while MI is fruity aquatic, SMW is fruity sweet and crisp/fresh. Erolfa is not really similar to any of these though, as it has more saltiness and smells a bit old to me.

now you can choose between cheap (rip off) and rich (masterpieces):

Sean John and Bond No. 9 Wall Street = Millésime Imperial (Creed)
    XS Paco = Himalaya (it´s a different scent than M.I. or SMW) (Creed)
    Thierry Mugler = Original Vetiver (Creed)
    Joop Homme = Original Santal (Creed)
    Davidoff Coolwater = Green Irish Tweed

I´m so glad that Virgin Island Water (Creed) comes this May 07

Congrats joellark.

My only word of caution would be to hang onto your other bottles for a little while - just to make sure your initial impression of MI doesn't change - this happens!

I too can still detect the MI I sprayed 24 hours ago. Guess we're the lucky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood View Post
    Don't sell your other scents until you fully verify the longevity of MI...
    Yeah.. My thoughts too!!

It seems today's my "me too" day. MI is incredible, I'm putting some money aside to get it. I was worried about the longevity as well, but it was sufficient on me. Definitely on my wishlist.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I have to object to P-Natra comparison of Mugler Cologne to Creed OV. They are NOTHING alike. As I wrote in my review about MC, there is a superficial similarity when you smell them straight from the bottle but applied they are Night and Day. Cologne is light and almost fruity and OV is sharp, earthy and grassy. Also, MC does not contain vetiver at all.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Talking Re: Creed Millesime Imperial

I didn´t say that OV smells like MC. I just said, if you want something cheaper than OV than you can buy Thierry Mugler Cologne...and it is not just day and night...there are similar notes indeed.
    Also, Original Santal don´t smell like Joop Homme! Just the topnotes smells like that.