Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's up with Jacques Fath YANG?

I just bought a bottle of this Saturday and I got to say, this has instantly moved into my top 10!

After the citrus opening fades, what is left is a very masculine and sensuous tea, woods, vetiver, and musk base. I can see why this one gets a lot of compliments!

I usually couldn't care less what the bottle looks like (it's all about the juice), but this bottle is really amazing! Everthing from the cap, to the shape and the texture. It adds a lot of class to my collection. My girlfriend is a very acomplished visual artist, and the bottle itself almost made her melt!

Default Re: What's up with Jacques Fath YANG?

Personally, the juice didn't do much for me - it's lacks an edge that I was hoping it had. In addition, its longevity is disappointing. I now wear it as an office frag and nothing more (I'd rather wear my favourite frags in social situations). But I do agree with you about the bottle - it's pretty cool!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Yang is good stuff. The bottle, despite being beautiful, has one problem which is that it is so tall that it doesn't fit everywhere. The sprayer though is so cool that it makes up for everything. The scent is also really nice. It has good sillage but only medium longevity. This is definately a scent made to seduce. Use it wisely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    This is definately a scent made to seduce. Use it wisely.
    Yeah, I meant to add to my origianl post after, "the bottle itself almost made her melt!", "The scent finished the job!"

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I don't like it. Swapped for it blind, and while I like it better than the M7 I swapped for it. I'll try to put the problem into words: I think a frag should either be dirty or clean smelling. Wearing Yang, I feel like a dirty person who is trying to smell clean. LIke maybe I was eating tea and crumpets, but then I spilled everything I was eating all over myself, then tried to cover the smell with some cologne.

My whole reason for liking tea frags is, well, I like the smell of tea. Yang muddles around and can't decide if it wants to be leafy, powdery, woody, or musky. I guess I just need some clarity and direction, and to me this is a jumbled mess.

But...people around me do seem to like it, and it lasts pretty well on me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thrax

I really want to try this stuFF!!!

Too sweet for me. Sprayed it once and traded it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Aged Yuppie
    The opening is really sweet but the drydown isn't very sweet at all. I can see how someone could be thrown off by the initial spray though. Always good to try things twice.

You're right in general, Giraffe, but I didn't do my research before buying this one blind and did not know it was a "tea" scent, which, in general, I abhor. I am all for giving frags a second chance, but when you are put off by the predominant note, I didn't see myself changing my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    Actually, I don't like it. Swapped for it blind, and while I like it better than the M7 I swapped for it.
    Actually, it was Gendarme that you swapped for it.

While I like Yang's fresh top notes, it develops into a dry, woody, and musky tea scent that has potential of turning sour on my skin. This is one of the few scents in which I wish it didn't develop.
    Last edited by teflondog; 6th September 2006 at 03:31 PM.

The J Fath scents are impossible to find anymore....used to find them at Nordstroms...not anymore. Good stuff....I'll have to get out my J F Homme soon.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Aged Yuppie
    On me, even the opening isn't sweet, it's citrusy.

The dry down is dry with tea, wood and vetiver.

When I first tried this I didn't know it was a tea scent. I'm not a big fan of tea scents. But on my skin the tea is really balanced with the wood and vetiver.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a blind-swap bottle of Yang soon to be on the way .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]