Code of Conduct

Default Burberry Brit - Clubman and Canoe notes? Musings.

I really like BB, but I must admit that I have a fondness for Pinaud Clubman and also Canoe. I Think that although BB is very well made and "classy" it does smell quite similar to these old time cheapies. Anyone else get this? Perhaps it's just me, but I would also never consider BB to be a clubbing scent ala D&G PH or A-men. To me BB is a clean, crisp barbershop scent suitable for the office or anything else really. I'd also say that if you apply YSL RG VERY lightly, and wait a while, you can smell something similar to BB. I disagree with those who would classify BB as "vanillic" excerpt MAYBE when the scent has almost vanished on the drydown, this ain't no PI. Just my thoughts.

Wink Re: Burberry Brit - Clubman and Canoe notes? Musings.

i agree its quite a casual smell not for nights out ! Joop is the best for goin out ?? every 1 smells so attractive with that on agree ??

Default Re: Burberry Brit - Clubman and Canoe notes? Musings.

Where can I get some Clubman? that's kind of a joke with my brother and I, since a detective in a series we read wore it in the seventies, and his girlfriend in the book always commented how bad he smelled! I thought that was hilarious, since I often get the same remarks with some of my frags. I'd love to get my hands on some.
    24, San Francisco, California USA

burberry brit smells like a very subtle version of envy to me which is a good thing i guess coz i find envy too overpowering

Quote Originally Posted by nicolastutor
    Where can I get some Clubman? that's kind of a joke with my brother and I, since a detective in a series we read wore it in the seventies, and his girlfriend in the book always commented how bad he smelled! I thought that was hilarious, since I often get the same remarks with some of my frags. I'd love to get my hands on some.

Any barber supply store and some drugstores will have the original Clubman, and its damn good, BY FAR the best of any inexpensive after shaves. BB clearly has that Clubman scent to me, I can't believe more people haven't chimed in on this one. To me its soooo obvious.

Blog Entries

To me, Brit is a very versatile scent. I wear it at work, at home, and yes sometimes to the bars or clubs. I just think it's a great scent that I like smelling on myself and that I like others to smell on me. Is it a "typical" clubbing frag? Maybe not. But I like wearing it to the clubs, among other places .

And I do classify it as a powdery vanilla frag. You're right though, it "aint no Pi". Just like Bvlgari Black "aint no Lolita Lempica au masculin". Why compare if they all smell good and serve their own purpose?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia