Code of Conduct

Default Bear with me /Creed

Ok, sorry to bore you here with yet another Creed thread, but I really do need help.

Gonna place a big order at perfumebay soon and Im thinking about ordering Green Irish Tweed among other things. Recently I was burnt bad when purchasing an old bottle of Erolfa, I know for a fact it was about 4-5 years old - it didnt have the standard fresh, salty topnotes and actually became quite pungent and "farty" on the drydown. My friends bottle, which he bought at Skins in Amsterdam is still great - and no Im not paranoid, I did a side by side comaprison and the difference was ridiculous...
    Ive also smellt bottles of ZMP and NS that were really funky, topnotes off and sour base.
    Other Creeds never seem to suffer from these problems though, cant remember anyone complaining about bad bottles of New Tabarome or Bois Du Portugal for instance. So my question is:
    Has anybody bought GIT online and received a bottle of obviously poor quality?

If not Ill order it, really come to like it lately, I have Floris JF but GIT packs much more punch and just feels more classic somehow.

Thankful for help,
    M

Default Re: Bear with me /Creed

The only time I got burned with a GIT bottle (and I've owned 4 or 5), was when I bought a bottle at an independent perfume shop that was in a now defunct mall in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was obviously old and past its' prime.

All my bottles purchased from Internet e-tailers have been fine. Particularly Scentiments.com, they're the best.

I'm wearing Bond No. 9 Chez Bond today. VERRRYYY similar to GIT. I think I prefer GIT, but it's close.

Just recently received obviously fake GIT from "nowsdealtime" on ebay. Do not buy from him.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thanks for the replies guys.

Anyone else?

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW

I'm wearing Bond No. 9 Chez Bond today. VERRRYYY similar to GIT. I think I prefer GIT, but it's close.
    Gotta agree with that one. The Cool Water/GIT comparisons are nothing compared to Chez Bond/GIT.

If you can find a Chez Bond bottle, that will do too.
    -

I can't attest to Creed / perfumebay--my bottle of GIT from Scentiments was quite fresh. I am suspicious of the bottle of Goutal's Vetiver that I received from perfumebay--the box was not in shrink-wrap and looked a little beaten and I think the fragrance is off a little. But logic would suggest that GIT would move off the shelf better than AG Vetiver.

Cool Re: Bear with me /Creed

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Gotta agree with that one. The Cool Water/GIT comparisons are nothing compared to Chez Bond/GIT.

If you can find a Chez Bond bottle, that will do too.
    I would advise you to buy OV,i like it more than GIT.
    Also many GITs are old and some are fake as well,so..)))Not many old OV,I would like to say that I like GIT but to me it stays too close to the skin although it can be felt for many many hours.
    I have to admit that I have once tried one which was very nice,and my wife kept asking what's that u're wearing,maybe it was a very good one made in that year?,but most of the ones I've tried were not that great.
    Just order a sample of OV to see how it goes,actually buy samples for both of them,test them on your skin,ask someone what they think but not to get too close to you like 1 cm from your skin.Try them for four days in a row alternating them and I can assure that after that you will know what to buy.You may as well pick 2 more frags to choose from if you want.
    Of course it all depends of what you're looking in a frag such as this one--Longevity,sillage,complexity and so on....

MMM,

I would definitely go with Scentiments.com over Perfumebay.com; however, Scentiments.com doesn't ship internationally.

I would recommend www.fragrancenet.com. They can certainly be trusted and, of course, they ship internationally.

Here's a direct link to Green Irish Tweed so you can see if the price is to your liking.

www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf_items.html?cat=00608&cur_letter=c&item_type=&ge nder=M&gs_gen=m

I would also suggest www.parfum1.com.

Here's their Green Irish Tweed link:

www.parfum1.com/perfume.asp?tb=distinctnamelist&parent=G&action=di stinctname&name=Green+Irish+Tweed

Don't forget; both retailers provide a 10% discount.

Good luck,

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 6th September 2006 at 10:50 PM.

Well, I ordered once from FragranceNet.com and unfortunately the fragrance wasn't delivered... But they seemed to be a decent and trustfull e-tailor when they refunded me (crediting my credit card) after my complaints about the delay in shipping.
    It's a pitty, because it would certainly be an alternative to StrawberryNet.com (which, IMHO, is the best e-tailor)

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    It's a pitty, because it would certainly be an alternative to StrawberryNet.com (which, IMHO, is the best e-tailor)
    How so? From what I have seen, their prices are close to retail, and their collection is similar to what the others have on offer. I dont see any distinguishing factor which would give them the edge.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    How so? From what I have seen, their prices are close to retail, and their collection is similar to what the others have on offer. I dont see any distinguishing factor which would give them the edge.
    well, I'm not Strawberry.Net's lawyer, but their prices are close to retail because they include shipping worldwide! And considering I'm in Brazil, I don't have so many options to choose...
    Perfume.Bay is nice too, but their prices + shipping are higher than the ones I find here at the stores, buying retail.
    That's why I think Strawberry.Net is the best e-tailor!