Code of Conduct

Default looking for something for my girlfriend

Hi Ladies,

My girlfriend has only two perfumes she likes at this time, and I'm wondering if I could find something else she would enjoy. Currently her favorates are Poison by Dior, and Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body works. I don't see it in the basenotes directory, so here is a link:
    http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...entPage=family

From what I've observed, she dislikes the chemical scent some frags have, and enjoys the organic berry scent of poison and JCB. I also think that the dark ambery/woodsy quality of both are something she enjoys. I don't want to be limited to berry or fruit scents though. I think anything that smells organic would be nice, as long as it's kinda dark and sensual.

Thanks for your help!
    24, San Francisco, California USA

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for something for my girlfriend

Did you say dark and sensual?

Santa Maria Novella Ambra!

It's a rich organic fragrance, but not very fruity. It certainly does not smell "chemicalish".

Post Thanks / Like

She might like Paris Roses Des Bois, a limited springtime edition from Yves Saint Laurent. It's hard to find, but Perfumebay has some for $48 and they might still sell samples, I got one recently. The fragrance has been discontinued, so it is rare and might make a very special gift. The bottle is beautiful, too.

The notes are: Rosebud, orange blossom, violet, wild rose, wild blackberry, lily-of-the-valley, blackberry bramble, sandalwood, musks.

There are four other Paris Springtime fragrances, YSL has been coming out with one each year. You can check them out, too, but this one says "roses and berries."

Thank you for your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses
    She might like Paris Roses Des Bois, a limited springtime edition from Yves Saint Laurent."
    I agree that this one would be nice, if it's anything like the orig. My sister is a big fan of the orig. frag.

Thanks again.
    24, San Francisco, California USA

Post Thanks / Like

The chance of being randomly able to pick a perfume for another person is not very high. Why not rather take her to a well stocked perfume shop and make it a memorable late Saturday morning. Then go have lunch, sniff the samples, how they develop and then go back and pick the one for her she liked the best, if any. Otherwise second round of perfumes might be needed, but she would finally have one she truly likes.