Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Help.. Please?

I recently got a bottle of Eau Noire as a gift from a friend. As much as I like the smell though, I cannot see myself wearing it during daytime. I find it a rather warm fragrance... The only other fragrance I have is Bulgari Black. Which. I find too overpowering for morning wear as well. ehe....

so.
    I was wondering if anyone could reccomend some fragrances for day wear that wouldn't overwhelm the senses in the early morning. I personally don't really want too fresh/aquatic/generic of a fragrance.. I go to a college with 500+ other kids who are far too rich for their own good, so Issey Miyake PH, AdG, Clinique Happy, Paul Smith, Cool Water blah. They're already around.

Again, I tend to like tobacco/leathery smells and orientals. But I can't seem to find a light fragrance.

Any help appreciated.

Default Re: Fragrance Help.. Please?

Mugler Cologne
    Creed Original Vetiver
    Bvlgari PH or Extreme
    Gendarme 20
    Grey Flannel (lightly applied, trust me!)
    Clean Men
    Burberry Brit (see my other thread on BB)

For evening wear: Iceberg Twice (I'd say its a clean oriental with fresh mint)

If you liked Eau Noire but found it too warm for daytime (indeed it's supposed to be the most suited for eveningwear among the three colognes) give Bois d'Argent a try. It's a very light oriental with smoky and gourmand hints. Not overwelming at all, a feel good scent.

Overcome By Fumes

I'd have to agree that EN is quite a heavy hitter and may not be ideal for every day use--wonderful stuff though--good friend you have there!

How about Vicky Tiel Ulysse?

Top Notes
    Neroli, Yuzu, Fougere, Mignonette, Mandarin Blossoms, Lime Blossoms,

Middle Notes
    Nutmeg, Clover, Carnation, Lavender, Hawthorne, Trefele, Sesqui Wood,

Base Notes
    Patchouli, Benzoin, Musk, Vanilla Bean, Kiawah treemoss

It's a fresh oriental and works great day and night.

If you like Eau Noir you should try Caron Pour un Homme. It´s a mens classic from the 20ies of the last century and it combines heavenly lavender and heavenly vanilla in perfect balance. It has certain similarities with Eau Noir but isn´t as sweet and dark. The lavender lifts you up and the vanilla embraces you. It has definitely class.....
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

It sounds like you need Laguna.

I'll take a look at the Laguna, Caron PH and the Vicky.

I'm afraid for me, Mugler Cologne smells too much like soap. And I don't think I want another Hedi Slimane Dior, before people start mistaking me for a fashion victim (though i do love Dior Homme clothing).

try dunhill fresh i think you will like it!!

I'd recommend Baldessarini

As a quick starting point:

Bulgari PH
    Dior Homme
    DKNY Men
    Allure Homme Sport

Like anything, you'll only know what you like and need by trying them first hand. They're all slightly different, not too heavy, and not generally found (though quite widely available) among the 'AdG' demographic.

For tobacco frags try Creed Tabarome Millesime and Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac.

A nice light leather fragrance to try is Creed Royal English Leather.

Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire is also very nice. Here's the description from Aedes.com:

"With sparkling top notes influenced by Napoleon Bonaparte's penchant for colognes scented with bergamot, lemon, lavender, orange, neroli and rosemary, Eau de Gloire offers a glimpse into the Emperor's character, a glimpse that is further reinforced by an accord of Corsican everlasting flowers, cistus and oakmoss that allude to his intense love for his native Corsica. Anise, tea and licorice form the spicy heart and segue into the incense and tobacco enriched base, resulting in a composition of strong character and undeniable elegance."
    Last edited by DJB; 7th September 2006 at 04:52 PM.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

It sounds like you would like John Varvatos. It is a classy scent and generally unused by most. I've never smelled it on another person before.

Geir is another that will meet your standards, IMO. It is light and crisp but not overpowering. It drys down to a sweeter, almost oriental, scent.

Those two are my suggestions.