Code of Conduct

Default Joop!, Joop Jump! ...now what?

Hi I am new to this site and I find it intresting how its possible to explain scents in text ( gonna take me some time to get used to it and understand some) But anyways I really need help chosing my next bottle of fragrance to buy. I've been wearing the joop and joop jump beach clubbing for almost 2 years now and I really like it... I like the strong smell it gives off (sorry i donno any posh names yet) and it also stays on for a long time...

I was wondering if any of you pros could recomend me maybe 1 or 2 brands i should try?

Thrax

Default Re: Joop!, Joop Jump! ...now what?

Hell yeah brother, I am a joop lover as well. It gets alot of flak on these boards but it is an excellent scent. Since you like Joop I would reccomend you try Angel Men by Thierry Mugler. It lasts basicly forever, just like Joop! Also Joop! Nightflight is a really good fresh scent with nice staying power. You shouldnt be dissapointed with either of these frags. Hope you find what your looking for.

where i live (london) you get lots of kicks from other males saying its not their style and I should try more mellow scents but to be honest girls usually like it specially the Joop Jump Beach club.... thanks for the advice i will check them out.

aaahh Joop! the 2nd most worn fragrance in London. This is very popular among teenagers and in clubs, can't stand the stuff.

I also recommend A*Men, but it is very heavy, it is different to Joop! in the sense that it smell has a strong patchouli note with the choc. I have heard some teenagers call it a old mans cologne

Also Boss Bottled is very sickenly sweet like Joop! you should give that a try.
    Last edited by incedal; 7th September 2006 at 01:34 AM.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by incedal
    aaahh Joop! the 2nd most worn fragrance in London. This is very popular among teenagers and in clubs, can't stand the stuff.

I also recommend A*Men, but it is very heavy, it is different to Joop! in the sense that it smell has a strong patchouli note with the choc. I have heard some teenagers call it a old mans cologne

Also Boss Bottled is very sickenly sweet like Joop! you should give that a try.
    Whats #1?

Quote Originally Posted by acehimself
    Whats #1?
    You don't know , it no other than Le Male, in my opinion it is way better scent then Joop!, but I smell it everywhere, it's popularity ruins it for me.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by incedal
    You don't know , it no other than Le Male, in my opinion it is way better scent then Joop!, but I smell it everywhere, it's popularity ruins it for me.
    ah I'm Canadian.. I would have guessed Le Male, I always hear people on here talking about it being #1 in Europe. I've got a bottle of it though, it seems to get put down quite a bit on here but I think that when used lightly it's one of the best scents out there, drives the girls crazy.

That kinda sucks I hate having one of my favourite scents being ultra popular, makes me feel unoriginal - good thing I'm not in Europe though on that account I guess. Luckily I refuse ADG and D&G PH which everyone wears here.

So you like the sweet stuff? Here are some suggestions:

- Rochas Man or Hanae Mori (basically the same juice)
    - Chanel Allure (if you can afford it, it's never discounted)
    - Dior Homme (if you want to smell more sophisticated)
    - YSL Opium (a toned-down Joop! Homme)

Joop is a very sweet oriental. In addition to those mentioned above, other sweet orientals include
    YSL Body Kouros
    Lolita Lempicka
    Hanae Mori
    Black Marlin
    Gucci Envy
    Pi

and the sweet ambery fougeres in a similar vein include
    Salvador Dali Laguna
    Xeryus Rouge
    Roma Uomo
    Yohji Homme

Don't forget however, Joop is the longest lasting scent there is. Even the weaker aftershave splash version of Joop lasts longer than most scents do - so don't be too disappointed in their lasting power performance.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 7th September 2006 at 09:49 AM.

Ah, Joop! Can't stand it myself, but can see how its sweetness appeals to many.

Try Body Kouros for something as sweet yet more original and less lollyish.

Be careful with A*Men, it has merit, but is definitely an acquired taste for some and can take a foul turn on some skin.

I've noticed people who like Joop! also go for stuff like Le Mâle, D&G pour Homme and Pi. You may also like Michael Kors.

And if you want something a little more restrained and refined (i.e. grown up) try Must de Cartier.

Try Individuel by Mont Blanc. Very similar to Joop!

If you want a powerful, distinctive fragrance at a cheap price, look no further than Ulysee by Vickie Tiel.