Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, how I love thee!

This fragrance is getting popular like AdG. Actually, I've been smelling this cologne more often than AdG this past year. But I don't care how many people wear this. Hell, this is the cologne of the juvenile frat crowd, but I still don't care. I love this fragrance.

Slightly woody yet refreshing and not in the sort of synthetic way of designer scents. It's really something...

Unfortunately that's all I can really say about it, I'm not the go-to-guy when it comes to differentiating notes. I just felt I had to say something about it as it rarely gets any airtime here. Don't expect anything spectacular or mindblowing when you walk into the store for a tryout. Actually you don't even have to spray anything, just walk in the store and smell the air (the store employees spray the store with this cologne every couple hours.) Just expect a casual scent that you can wear anywhere and anytime.*

*Also expect ear damaging techno music

The only thing I would care to change is the damn label. Seriously, did anybody ask for a cologne bottle with a picture of some guy's pecs? With hard nipples even... I peeled it out before I even got back home. Enjoy life in the dumpster sucker!

Die!!!

By the way, I was reading the reviews of the cologne on this site and found a review by some smart aleck. I read some pretty obnoxious reviews, but this guy takes the cake. He ends his review with a classy conclusion that could only rival the most famous of all fiction writers:

"...highly recommended for hot beach bodied guys.. if ur overweight i don't think u should wear it, plus u probably won't fit into any A&F clothes.."
    Classy indeed.

Anyway, does anyone else like the fragrance? Anybody hate this fragrance? Chime in!

Best regards,

Chris

Thrax

Default Re: Oh Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, how I love thee!

This stuff is a winner in my book. It smells firey with damn good longevity!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I read that review as well.. hahaha.. I find it funny, in a really rude way

its nice . . . but i go to school with a mostly guys that grew up middle class and in the burbs, so i smell it all over campus. its kind of suffocating at times.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it smells cheap and synthetic, and yeah, the bottle is tacky. To each their own though, if you like it, then great.
    Last edited by DJB; 7th September 2006 at 07:26 AM.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

From what I can tell the 30ml bottle doesn't feature the rubbish torso art.

I've been meaning to buy this from Ebay, it definitely won't be as common here in the UK as we don't have any A&F stores yet. Though one is opening in London in early 2007.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Beach Koopa....it's rather dissapointing that A&F are moving in on your great island...the last bastion of taste as it seems. England is the last place that needs something like A&F....you guys exported some of the best music in the last century to us and not only did we not fully appreciate such great acts and learn from them, we repay you with....ugggh...A&F and their counterpart Diddy...I'm throughly ashamed.

It is very much in the category of Gio in the 'States...excellent smell, but it's basically fragrance cliche. When I smell it on the application site I don't think it is so special, but if I wave it in front of my nose the sillage can be really addictive. While Gio has some smell that seems transparent and hard to grasp in a good, oceanic way, Fierce has the same mystery, only captured in addictive citrus. Good stuff, but still I think this is marketed oh-so-wrong and is difficult to wear without falling into a college stereotype.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRBRT33
    Sorry Beach Koopa....it's rather dissapointing that A&F are moving in on your great island...the last bastion of taste as it seems. England is the last place that needs something like A&F....you guys exported some of the best music in the last century to us and not only did we not fully appreciate such great acts and learn from them, we repay you with....ugggh...A&F and their counterpart Diddy...I'm throughly ashamed.
    It is probably worth noting that before the Brits exported much to us in the way of popular music, we exported rhythm & blues and Jazz and rockabilly to them, which they turned around and made into the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin et al. And I think its pretty safe to say we did learn from them. Where do you think that faux-cockney accent of Joey Ramone's comes from?

Anyway, what were we talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

FIERCE is good but not that great. It's a good 1st scent I think, but it lacks depth. You can tell when a bottle has been on the shelves for a while because it smells awful about 4 min later when you smell it on your skin. Take it out of the box and spray it on before you buy it, so you know if it's a new bottle or not. Also, I don't like how when Abercrombie put this stuff out in it's stores in '02, the 1.7 oz cost $32 and now it's going for $50...

Can anyone suggest a note pyramid for this fragrance? I don't like the top notes but the drydown is a joy to behold (it's still quite uncommon in the UK too!).

I like the scrumptious picture on the bottle...and that is all I like about it. Far too commonplace and seemingly every young man who goes with the crowd wears this. So much for being unique or being noticed.
    Last edited by Primrose; 10th March 2010 at 09:05 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

If this was a niche scent basenoters would be praising it like none other.

It's a great scent and does everything well besides the price. It has amazing sillage, longevity and sex appeal. It's sharp, woody, aromatic and feels cold. It smells great, inoffensive but unique and noticable.

The downsides are the higher price, association to young douchey kids, popularity and the horrible sticker. as for the juice itself, excellent stuff.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

The thing is, here in the UK, I have literally never smelt it on anyone apart from myself! We have one A&F shop in London and that's it... and A&F isn't considered the best of brands over here anyway!

I have gotten more compliments with Fierce than any other fragrance, granted I don't own many. I JUST got Issey Miyake for the summer so hopefully it will get some love by others! I also got Pure Malt coming and I can't wait for it, maybe I can get a few cold days before spring and give it a wear before the summer though!

Fierce is Legendary!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Fierce is too tame......
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

I don't rebut on these commonplace frags...I am skeptic considering that my intrinsic provinces don't actually prove elan once implored of their presence...Though alot of mecca frags do intrigue...I am very,very willing to give this a shot...though I think Abercombie in Australia is quite whilom......

Theperfumecourt, save me!!

- Balava -
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I have gotten more compliments with Fierce than any other fragrance, granted I don't own many. I JUST got Issey Miyake for the summer so hopefully it will get some love by others! I also got Pure Malt coming and I can't wait for it, maybe I can get a few cold days before spring and give it a wear before the summer though!
    Miyake is probably the greatest summer scent ever! Good choice.
    What classification would Fierce come under? Is it citrussy or woody or what?

bleh

I just saw this on eBay. So funny, haven't seen it before. Would this be real, to be used by store employees?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post

I just saw this on eBay. So funny, haven't seen it before. Would this be real, to be used by store employees?
    Yeah thats the stuff they use to make the stores smell like they do. I believe that juice is different than the stuff consumers buy...I may be wrong but that stuff is a little more watered down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Yeah thats the stuff they use to make the stores smell like they do. I believe that juice is different than the stuff consumers buy...I may be wrong but that stuff is a little more watered down.
    LOL! This is marketing genius!

I guess all the experienced noses around here are truly overlooking a classic.

In the end, to each his own. Only time will tell if Fierce is around in 20 years.

I guess the people who shop at Abercrombie like it by association, considering the marketing tactic to sell the clothing and scent. Pure...marketing...genius.

OTOH, give me my Cuir de Russie by Chanel any day of the week... P.S. I don't like the smell of Fougere Bengale...and...voila...it's made by the niche company Parfum d'Empire... Not all BNers are slaves to niche.
    Last edited by Primrose; 11th March 2010 at 07:41 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Fierce is Legendary!
    LEGEND

*and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part of that words is:*

DAIRY!!

It really isn't so bad. I've just walked by A&F stores enough times and seen enough dangerously stupid frat guys in A&F that I'm put off by the brand in general.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

What are the base notes of this terribly overworn dodgy bottled work of genius? Focus...

Here is all I found: it's "citrus" and "seductive." That is not much to go on. I think this is just like so much out there.

Heck, I'd like to buy this just for the bottle, never mind what the stuff smells like! This from the Abercrombie site. (I recall when the Abercrombie store was akin to Brooks Brothers, LOL! Classic menswear with preppie appeal.)

http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/wc...72918_-1_12232
    Last edited by Primrose; 11th March 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/A...erce-3508.html
    Here's the notes for those interested. Imo this fragrance's only flaws are that it's marketed to kids and it's label.

From FragranceX

Fragrance Description:
    Fierce Cologne by Abercrombie & Fitch, The well known perfumer christophe laudamiel created this men's woody aromatic fragrance for this well known and sometimes controversial retailer. Top notes are orange, lemon, fir resin, petit grain and cardamom; middle notes are rosemary, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are musk, oakmoss, vetiver and brazilian rosewood.

Only one of two colognes that I have had people stop me and ask what I was wearing.