Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Gendarme - discontinued???

I went to Sephora today to buy Gendarme. I grabbed a bottle & took it to the counter. "And that will be $15.75" the SA said. I pulled out my card, and then did a double take. "Are you sure?" I asked. She then went to say that it seemed a bit weird to her too. She scanned the bottle at another register, & it came up the same, $15.75. She called another SA up to confirm. Sure enough, it was $15.75 for the 4oz bottle. The SA said that it must be that it's being discontinued. On the shelf, it still said $44 for the 2oz bottle, $66 for the 4oz bottle. But it rang up as $15.75. Has anyone else tried buying a bottle of Gendarme lately? I know this frag is pretty popular among Basenoters. Has anyone else had any weird experiences buying this lately?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Gendarme - discontinued???

i think she means discontinued in the store . . . like they aren't going to carry it. gendarme would never discontinue itself, it's too popular and one of a kind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbbbjm
    i think she means discontinued in the store . . . like they aren't going to carry it. gendarme would never discontinue itself, it's too popular and one of a kind
    Well if that's the case, I'd say everyone should get to Sephora to stock up on Gendarme!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I was in Sephora yesterday and asked for some Gendarme. The sales lady said it was on sale last week but it all sold out. So, I missed it.

There have been a couple threads about this. About a month and a half ago, while traveling in St Louis, I spotted the 4 Oz bottle on the clearance rack for $12. They are not going to carry Gendarme at Sephora anymore, same thing with Demeter (1 Oz bottles for $3).

Following Markc in suit, I bought several bottles after his posting (of which I am selling, see my For Sale thread if you are interested). I was told that Sephora was no longer carrying the brand but the rep did not know why. I know that Gendarme recently underwent a "packaging" change; so maybe they were just letting loose the now out of date packaging.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Is it me or the selection at sephora is getting more and more limited? Pretty soon it will be like dillards.Shame.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47