Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default High school/teen scents

Hey all, as much as I hate revealing my age, I thought I would inquire with everyone here. Coming up on the 30th of this month my school is having a homecoming dance, which to be honest I'm really looking forward to. I finally asked the girl who I wanted to go with, who is stunning by the way. I am looking for a cologne that is classy yet sexy. I have A*Men but I don't know if I would really wear it to such an event. Any imput is very much appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by socalwoman; 23rd December 2011 at 01:47 PM.

Thrax

Default Re: Colonge to wear to a highschool dance

Kind hard for us to pick if we dont know what you have to pick from. But I would wear A*men. I love it. Go a tad light if you do. I imagine it will be hot in there!

My appologies for not stating this, but I have a pretty much unlimited amount of money available to me, so anything that would be good works, so long as it isn't Creed since I'm not a fan of the house.

then go Clive Christian of course

but seriously, for a dance? A-men? I don't think I would. Dior Homme I say.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thrax

If you have an unlimited ammount of money then go for Geir. You WILL NOT be dissapointed.

I would have said Geir too, but vanilla goes really awfully bad on my skin. But if you like sweetness, which apparently you do with A-men, Geir would do nicely. Better yet, get Geir AND Dior Homme. Or at least try them both.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

wow...the idea of unlimited funds for a frag is awesome...i'm not at all certain what the kids are wearin these days but i'd suggest lacoste essential......and then when ya score with the gals forward a bottle of esencia loewe to me please...or czech and speake no.88 which ever is more convenient....

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by sobranie
    wow...the idea of unlimited funds for a frag is awesome...i'm not at all certain what the kids are wearin these days but i'd suggest lacoste essential......and then when ya score with the gals forward a bottle of esencia loewe to me please...or czech and speake no.88 which ever is more convenient....
    I'll take a bottle of Solo Loewe!

i cant think of a high school dance w/o thinkin of brut...it was far and beyond the frag of choice for my chums in '75-'76...yowza!...and K*I*S*S rock and roll all nite /party every day...that kinda thing...joe namath adverts the whole nylons....lol....anyways ya probably have some fine scents already...work with that and save some good spendin for some really nice personal endeavor to refine your own tastes comfortably....good luck and have a great evening at the dance too...let us know what ya wore

Because it's a high school dance, subtlety just isn't important - it's that time of life you can pretty much get away with anything, and frankly, your peers, being mostly minors will probably respond more run-of-the-mill stuff (cK, JPG, Joop!) - sorry, but that's High School...

So the question is, are you out to impress your peers, or cause a scene? Whatever. Go smother yourself in a sweet oriental - Body Kouros, Allure, Dunhill Desire, Bvlgari Blv Notte, dance yourself silly and get sweaty...

I was in high school not too long ago, and whether it's a high school dance or a night club A*Men ROCKS. However, I see it as more of a swinger type scent. I'm not sure I would be as inclined to wear it if I was going with a date. I'm sure it would still work well though. After some deliberation, here is my ultimate response: John Varvatos. Girls go nuts over this stuff. I have never personally worn it to a dance but I have worn it to parties and whatnot and have always gotten compliments. So basically if you are going with the girl but plan on dancing with everyone and their mom anyways (well that's what my hs dances were like) then wear A*Men, but if you plan on focusing on your date then wear Varvatos.

Of course you should only care what your date can detect when you are slow dancing, right? No need for her to think you're trying to impress anyone else. I would go with a modest application of Jaisalmer, which besides being eminently classy and sexy is exotic, comforting, non-cloying and beyond uncommon. I'm not sure I've ever heard a bad word spoken about it here, and certainly never have in person.

And I'd say don't form your opinion about Creed if you haven't explored its less recent and less publicized offerings, such as Vetiver (1948), REL, Epicea, etc.
    Last edited by Tuner_Watson; 7th September 2006 at 08:11 AM.

You want to smell nice, and not overpowering for your date. If you like A*Men you like orientals - I would recommend trying Armani Code (aka Black Code).
    Last edited by Carlos; 7th September 2006 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos
    You want to smell nice, and not overpowering for your date. If you like A*Men you like orientals - I would recommend trying Armani Code (aka Black Code).
    Not a bad scent, but I bet a few others at the dance will be rockin' it.

I recommend something which is sexy but on the other hand fresh:

Platinum Egoiste

I often wear this for ballroom dancing and so on! I got some compliments!!

Have a nice evening!!

Quote Originally Posted by lunarpanic
    Because it's a high school dance, subtlety just isn't important - it's that time of life you can pretty much get away with anything, and frankly, your peers, being mostly minors will probably respond more run-of-the-mill stuff (cK, JPG, Joop!) - sorry, but that's High School...

So the question is, are you out to impress your peers, or cause a scene? Whatever. Go smother yourself in a sweet oriental - Body Kouros, Allure, Dunhill Desire, Bvlgari Blv Notte, dance yourself silly and get sweaty...
    Haha, you have to consider the culture in the United States differs greatly from that in your own country! While they are at fragrance counters, neither JPG or Joop are regularly detected in any area compared to other stuff out there. Let me make that correction for LeMale (the member), most kids your age are wearing Gio, Fierce, or Axe, and you probably knew this below your conscious if you didn't realize it outright.

I think A*Men would be a little bit too heavy for a dance...it's good for a club, but everyone should account for the environment and context of a social school dance, which is a lot different than "the club" so often referred to on these boards. I'd say you would want to keep a fresh oriental to really distinguish yourself, and I love the recommendations of Varvatos and Armani Code. Some of the more mature suggestions people have been mentioning would be good if you were a chaperone, but as a student, keep it fun. I read some suggestions and can't help but feel that people are pitching you the things they would have worn to their dance 20 years ago! Unless you are going to impress your principal, I see no need to go formal in cologne because this is still high school, despite how epic it seems.

I wouldn't go with a very sweet scent unless you will have air conditioning in there; if it's going to be very hot the scent might be too cloying...

Why not go with Kouros or Yatagan and see if this girl that you are going with would still want to talk to you the next day?

Someone mentioned Platinum Egoiste and I think it's a good scent for this ocassion and has very good longevity.

Also, these may work:
    designer: Gucci PH, Rochas Lui, Antaeus, Zino, Baldessarini Concentree
    niche: Santal Noble, LV Patchouli or Sandalo, Premier Figuier Extreme or Philosykos, Douce Amere...

I would go with Geir.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos
    Only problem with Armani Code is that it doesn't last long at all on me. I'm thinking I'll go buy a bottle of Geir later today, my first impression blew me away when I smelled it.

I'd go Burberry Brit if it were me. Clean and fresh, yet not boring, and not trying too hard! I tend to save the more exotics for times when folks wouldn't suspect I bought something for a "special occassion," but that's just me. (And, Ive really come to like BB recently after not thinking much of it originally.) As to Geir, I guess I'm alone in not thinking it's all that great.

Haha, another high schooler, yes. First off, I would like to see what you have to work with so far so I can account for your tastes etc. But A*Men/Geir should be fine. My Homecoming is on the 30th too and I have not the slightest clue what I am wearing to it. Musc Ravageur...? hmmmmm... nah. Decisions decisions. I'm thinkin Bois du Portugal will class the shit out of them, but you don't like Creed so yea, nvm.

Well, just don't wear Polo Blue or Axe. Or, god forbid, Tag...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Haha, you have to consider the culture in the United States differs greatly from that in your own country! While they are at fragrance counters, neither JPG or Joop are regularly detected in any area compared to other stuff out there.
    John, I've come to suspect that may be the case, largely due to the reviews of europeans and Americans at this site - I'll admit I'm very anti-Joop! and JPG, but have often wondered if I might be better disposed to them if I lived in a location where they were not ubiquitous or associated with the culture they attach to here. I can't deny, both scents are not unpleasant, and I very frequently find myself trying Joop! just to see if it's as disagreeable as I remember it to be. And then I find myself continually sniffing my wrist, but the associations to the scent just put me off... anyway, just to say I don't mean to knock Joop! or JPG wearers...

^ that's absolutely true. When my rommates GF got home JPG, that was the first time i'd experienced it, and I thought it was ok. Joop! I just plain dislike, and i've never smelt it on ANYONE. Makes me wonder how I would feel about AdG if I were in Europe.

Thumbs up Re: Colonge to wear to a highschool dance

No need to wear anything too complex or elegant. Someone mentioned Burberry's Brit, which is a nice choice.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarpanic
    John, I've come to suspect that may be the case, largely due to the reviews of europeans and Americans at this site - I'll admit I'm very anti-Joop! and JPG, but have often wondered if I might be better disposed to them if I lived in a location where they were not ubiquitous or associated with the culture they attach to here. I can't deny, both scents are not unpleasant, and I very frequently find myself trying Joop! just to see if it's as disagreeable as I remember it to be. And then I find myself continually sniffing my wrist, but the associations to the scent just put me off... anyway, just to say I don't mean to knock Joop! or JPG wearers...
    As I've said many times before, Acqua di Gio is to America what Le Male is to Europe.

To be honest, I like Le Male and not Acqua di Gio. But I live in the US, and Le Male is definately not as prevalent as Acqua di Gio is here. Le Male is still popular, though, but not to the extent that it is in, say, the European Union countries. I've smelled Le Male on quite a few people here in Fort Wayne, but not to the far-reaching extent that I smell Acqua di Gio and all the AdG clones.

Still, I'm curious about how Gaultier2 will sell here. As we all know, a $5 million+ ad campaign doesn't always guarantee success (case in point: Egoiste).
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Guess Man, though it may just be another "fresh aromatic" scent that you'll be smelling a lot of. I wouldn't wear A*Men to a dance. I think you said you want classy.. Chanel Allure! Though it doesn't strike me as a dance smell, more like a fancy date smell. Platinum Egoiste would probably be great. Or you could try Kouros. =D

I've narrowed down my list of Homecoming scents:

Geir (It's pretty good, but its light and sweet which is good cuz it is hot in those gyms)
    M7 (Good fall scent, kinda spicy, kinda sweet hooray masculinity)
    Allure (Fresh, sweet, soft peppers, awesome scent overall)
    Bois du Portugal (Classy as a coooool cat. a reaaaaal cooool cat)
    Musc Ravageur (Just to eff with some people's dates )
    Last edited by Redcomet; 9th September 2006 at 03:14 PM.

Overcome By Fumes

Yves Saint Laurent M7

Default Best cologne for a teen guy?

Hey im a teen guy and im looking for a great sensual cologne that smells awesome. Currently I wear Armani Mania and was thinking about Terre D' Hermes. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Best cologne for a teen guy?

So.. tell us about yourself. Have you sampled anything so far and have anything you like?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by gamecockfreak2000 View Post
    Hey im a teen guy and im looking for a great sensual cologne that smells awesome. Currently I wear Armani Mania and was thinking about Terre D' Hermes. Thanks for any help.
    Hermes Terres is above average for a teen guy. Id grab a Bvlgari Aqva or Bvlgari Extreme if you're looking for something that can be worn day or night, formal or not.

and like moltening mentioned, tell us more about yourself and what you have sampled so far and the type/genre of scent your intending on, and i bet alot of us can't wait to pour out our personal top 5 or 10s

Smile Re: Best cologne for a teen guy?

Gucci Envy.. Very sensual.. Women adore it!!!!

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by deck89 View Post
    Gucci Envy.. Very sensual.. Women adore it!!!!
    another vote for Envy, tho id usually wear that for social nites....

my all time is still fahrenheit... if you're looking for something that is really worth spending on, it would be that.... im on 5 backup 100ml bottles and counting.... check out the reviews...
    Last edited by MFJ; 8th August 2008 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    another vote for Envy, tho id usually wear that for social nites....

my all time is still fahrenheit... if you're looking for something that is really worth spending on, it would be that.... im on 5 backup 100ml bottles and counting.... check out the reviews...
    i dig fahrenheit as well....although i'm curious...WHY do you have backup bottles of it? it's not going anywhere...

Well as I said i already own and use Armani Mania and love it. Great Fragrance....but lately ive been getting bored with it and want something new. Looked into Terre D' Hermes but cant seem to find it and smell it but im still looking. Im looking for something that will be great for night wear and casual wear at the same time. The Mania is something i wear casually so im looking for something a bit sensual for night wear. Price isnt a huge issue for me i cant spend $200 on some Creed but im ok with around the $60 range.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    i dig fahrenheit as well....although i'm curious...WHY do you have backup bottles of it? it's not going anywhere...
    the price goes up at least 3-5 bucks a year... sometimes 6 mths...... ive got 5 LDIssey 125ml as well, paranoia, cant blame anyone but myself tho... 4 back up BVG Extreme, 3 bvg aqvas , 3 Envys , and most of my collection has duplicate full bottles... some prefer a wide range, but 1/3 of my 60+ bottles are backups... its personal, and i dont really expect anyone to make any sense of it..... i rem a couple year back fahrenhei was 10-15bucks cheaper than now...

its something like this, got to hide them from my old lady, some i leave at my office until i find more elusive drawers to store them... my 15 opened ones i put in the cooler, which she thinks is where i store my snacks and drinks, also i put some unopened boxes of 5-6 frags on my shelve display to act as decoys so she doesnt think that im hiding anyting. this pic was over a week ago, ive since added 2more BVG PH and Soirs each and couldnt resist a 100ml slate by banana rep, the wooden casing is of the same solid texture and colour of the borders of my platform bed made of solid woood, im really going to get into trouble with her soon... i can feel she's suspecting already. And i still have like 3 XSs in the office and 2 more Cool waters... its not that bad considering half the members here have well over 300 bottles... and i can finish a 125 Issey in less than 6mths.... so yeah.. i use quite alot. anyways im really glad u dig fahrenheit! i get brutal feedback from peers.... i think im going to grab 2 more Fahrenheits this month just in case. i keep hearing from ppl working in the commerical cosmetics industry that a hike in prices for mainstream frags esp the ones with high demand, is very likely b4 end year..... its really embarrasing... i mean how many of u guys actually have to be so sneaky like myself about buying frags....
    i think this is about 3/5 of my entire collection of mainstreams... i have absolutely no more elusive spots to hide them....
    another bad habit i have is always buying the largest bottle possible for home use, and the smaller version to bring along for longer days.....

here's my decoy

My Cooler lower deck both the ck one and be are 200ml and 125ml Issey for home use (its getting to cramp and i really have no idea how to accomodate)

upper deck, the one and be here are the 100mls (i bring the smaller bottles along with me esp during a long day, while issey is 75ml only coz its easier to bring about)
    I decant all my scents and i had at least 15 more just 2weeks back, my good friends always bump a decant or 2 of which i would nvr see again... well what are friends for...
    I use both the BVG PH and extreme at the same time, but found extreme to suit more occasions

my 2nd string faves.... (all large bottles, small ones are over priced)

My back ups (all large bottles, more worth it)

but back to the topic, gamecockfreak2000, u should really grab samples man, esp when u havent decided on the scents that you would probably stick to for a long time. I guess i found mine already. Trust Moltening's taste on niche..... creed's not the only one around yeah. And if u want a better desciption of Leau D Issey, anything Bvlgari, Fahrenheit and those that i have, i think i can try to give u a objective perspective. I dont stock up unless i really love the scent, and those i stock up are the ones ive been using for the longest time. Then again a heavy user may not always give the best advice, but i can try my best if u have any enquires on those ive backed up. Im not the "experimental" sort and very safe, i prefer those that apeal easily. Issey is my metrosexual scent... floral notes that are male specific, id def recomend it to u, along with bvg extreme and aqva, sorry if im repeating, but if u like mania, i think u should fid those i mentioned apealing... ok thats just my opinion really.... try as many as u possibly can
    Last edited by MFJ; 9th August 2008 at 08:02 PM.

yeah ive been waiting to try Gucci Envy out of recommendations from you guys so any others that might match me? I can try and describe myself some more if you want.

Default Scent suitable for a highschool teenager.

Hey basenoters! I recently got into collecting fragrances, being 16, money is quite a problem so I like to only buy what I really enjoy. At the moment, I'm looking a fairly cheap scent which I could use at school, maybe everyday? Is there a scent that is affordable to the point I can use it everyday? I also want to avoid Hollister Jake, as I tried and did not really think much of it =/. Below is my collection!

Chanel Allure Homme
    A*/Angel Men
    Acqua Di Gio
    Versace Blue Jeans
    CK one
    Sean John - Unforgivable
    Lacoste Essential
    B* Men

Thanks for the help. Antonton ~

Default Re: Scent suitable for a highschool teenager.

Hi Antonton ,

I find Burberry Brit to be very economical. You don't have to use very much and yet the fragrance is pretty decently priced.

It all depends where you live and what shops are near you. I find Perry Ellis fragrances, when discounted, to be pretty decent.

Another good buy I would recommed is Quorum Silver.

Both Brit and Silver can be used everyday in my opinion and are suitable for a highschool teenager.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I would say Armani code or JPG Le male. Both great fragrances, I find the Armani stays close to the skin which may be more suitable for school wear as it won't offend anyone. Le male on the other hand is very strong and projects really well. Gets complimented too as well as the Armani.

Last edited by DesGrieux; 4th January 2010 at 10:15 PM.

Yo. Try out Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Great for school, great for everyday use. Not very cheap though.
    Chicks will go crazy, brah
    Last edited by Vladdypwnz; 4th January 2010 at 09:31 PM.

Definitely lucky no 6!! Very cheap online and wearable each day. Good smelling and age appropriate.

Bowling Green..Geoffrey Beene
    Clubman Special Reserve....Pinaud
    Clubman....Pinaud
    Canoe....Dana
    Stetson Black....Stetson
    Rich Suede....Stetson

Don't know where you live, but all these are still available, and on the cheap. Good to see that at your age you are interested in fragrances. I started when I was around 14 years old. Happy hunting.
    Last edited by Ron199; 4th January 2010 at 11:45 PM.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Hugo by Hugo Boss
    L'eau d'Issey Pour Hommeby Issey Miyake
    Envy for Men by Gucci (perhaps in an after shave splash - not edt spray - if for school)
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 4th January 2010 at 10:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Man, if only these fragrances were around when I was in high school 11 years ago, I would have worn these. Haha. Allure Homme Sport (fresh, semi sweet, semi spicy, versatile for casual or formal), Bulgari Aqua (dark marine scent), L'eau Par Kenzo (citrusy, a bit airy, and sweet, the bottle looks cool too), Versace Pour Homme (citrusy, non-offensive at all, basic aquatic elements done really well without smelling synthetic), and 212 for Men (mossy, metallic, futuristic fresh). They're fresh without smelling ordinary and cheap or most importantly, offensive (especially if you've got a heavy trigger finger). Plus they can be had at reasonable prices from discount places locally or if you can borrow a parents' credit card and give them cash, they're much cheaper if you buy from scentiments.com, scentedmonkey.com or Amazon.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 4th January 2010 at 11:11 PM.

I would tru L'Eau Par Kenzo or Bvlgari Aqva if i were you, then try Fierce, Colden, pretty much all the Abercrombie/Hollister scents (except jake which you don'tt like (I would never wear the clothes but their scents are good)

Also, if you really want one that's killer, and ever find some extra cash, try Creed's Millesime Imperial....it's like Sean John but literally 100 times better. Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water are 2 more Creeds that are very good and repectable, yet still very young and better than anything else suitable for your age group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonton View Post
    Hey basenoters! I recently got into collecting fragrances, being 16, money is quite a problem so I like to only buy what I really enjoy. At the moment, I'm looking a fairly cheap scent which I could use at school, maybe everyday? Is there a scent that is affordable to the point I can use it everyday? I also want to avoid Hollister Jake, as I tried and did not really think much of it =/. Below is my collection!

Chanel Allure Homme
    A*/Angel Men
    Acqua Di Gio
    Versace Blue Jeans
    CK one
    Sean John - Unforgivable
    Lacoste Essential
    B* Men

Thanks for the help. Antonton ~
    Last edited by DULLAH; 4th January 2010 at 11:21 PM.

Bvlgari aqua
    D'Issey
    Paco XS

I think those would be inoffensive and great!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Blog Entries

If you don't mind mall clothing brand scents, do check out Banana Republic's stuff. Great stuff from the few sniffs at the stores I've experienced.

dont get lucky number 6 it has a nasty note in it and i dont think it projects from the 1 time i wore it. i would trade it for a sample... its 3.4oz too.

Anton. Take him up on that deal. That's a steal for a good smelling, nicely projecting cologne that all the girls in your school will love.

Thanks for the reply~!

I see Chanel Allure Homme sport was mentioned quite alot, despite the costly price, I think I might have to give it a go. How different is it from the original Chanel Allure Homme?
    Better, different? I'm also looking for something more economical to use, since I am going to use it everyday
    Last edited by Antonton; 5th January 2010 at 06:51 AM.

I know this comes a bit late, but you might also like:

Burberry London
    Azzaro Visit
    Solo Loewe

all of them are very age-appropriate, not too common, not too expensive and have above average lasting power

Allure Sport is fantastic and very similar to the original, but it's been given a brighter, more orange, SLIGHTLY aquatic touch over the original Allure base. I prefer it and it's one of my favorite colognes.

DKNY Be Delicious for Men and Escada Sunset Heat for Men were my favourites when I was in high school.
    I refuse to sink.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport, L'eau d'Issey PH or Armani Code are all safe scents and easy likeable.

I'd go with Rive Gauche Pour Homme. You'll outclass your buds with this one...

Teddius

Default Is this to much for a teen ?

Hey guy's I was just wondering if this is to much for a 17 year old teenager to own. Do you consider my collection a good one ?

Chanel Allure Homme Sport 100ml
    Chanel Allure Homme 100ml
    Armani Code 125ml
    Acqua Di Gio 100ml
    YSL L'Homme 100ml
    Le Male 125ml
    1 Million 100ml
    Pure Malt 100ml
    Love & Luck 050ml
    Creed MSI 0.7mlx3

Default Re: Is this to much for a teen ?

Yes it's fine IMO.

Default Re: Is this to much for a teen ?

Unless you are wearing wearing flour sacks to school and rocking pumpkins for shoes, you're OK.

Though with that wardrobe at your age, you might get away with sleeping at her place.