Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Is this to much for a teen ?

Great choices.....Gary

They're fine. You could own more, you could own less. You might like to expand your experiences more and start looking at some of the classics from YSL, Chanel, Dior, Guerlain. It's also worth dipping your nose into niche.

I was thinking of looking in Bond series and Amouage they look very interesting, but I have to buy 1 bottle or I will get carried away and waste to much money on fragrances

Looks fine to me. If you like them, then that's really all that matters.

Welcome to basenotes.

It looks fine to me.

Looks pretty mainstream basenoter sweet hype. I think the niche extension of that wardrobe would include Musc Ravageur. If you're considering the Amouage/Bond price range, Frederic Malle is safely within your budget.

I was thinking if getting Musc Ravageur but when I saw the price I was like oh dear, to much lol

Great choices, especially for your age.
    Save some money for nice clothes too!

Not bad... Might want to take a harder look at YSL.

yeah looks pretty solid. I'll go against the grain and tell you not to look into anything niche at this point. Girls your age won't appreciate it, and you've better off spending the cash on other stuff. Look for good value cheap buys, like $30-50 max. At your age I wouldn't recomend dropping $100+ on a bottle of cologne. Just pickup a few here and there that you really like. Check out the younger youtube reviewers to see what they like (eg Rochas, which is a nice gourmand and like $30)
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

It's never too early to start a collection. Just make sure you're really into this before spending all your money on it :P

I'd get rid of the 1 million and love&luck, and you'd have quite a classy collection for a 17 years old.

I do agree with master-classter about not spending your money on niche at this point. Sure thing like Musc Ravageur or something like Silver Mountain Water/Aventus would be safe, but I wouldn't go beyond that. Though I do happen to have cousins under 18 who love many of my fragrances...but they're middle eastern so they're more accustomed to weird/strong stuff.

I'd seriously avoid Bond No9, not worth the price. I don't even consider Creed worth the retail price and Creed does what Bond No9 does much better. As far as Amouage, you can have a 100ml bottle for as low as $150-$200. Unlike Frederic Malle which is almost impossible to get at anything other than retail. However Amouage might be too much for you....

As far as designer, the houses I enjoy personally are Dior, YSL and Chanel. I don't consider guerlain designer, but even if I did there stuff might be too mature for you. I highly recommend you check YSL M7, Body Kouros and Dior Eau Sauvage, Homme and Homme Intense. As well as Tom Ford Black Orchid and Grey Vetiver.

Finally, Consider buying decants for now. I'm sure 10ml of Frederic Malle/Amouage/Creed won't break your back

Yer I was thinking of getting M7 and Rochas man since I'm in Australia bottles are pretty expensive and I will have to get them from fragrancenet which takes ageas to get here . But other then that I love my collection. I don't really like the Dior house not my thing I like YSL tho and Chanel only Allure and Sport, but I'm planning to get Bleu De sooner or later that's the next one on my mind.

Incredibly sophisticated for some so young.

I think you will be blown away by Amourage, I know I am.

The only Amouage I was looking into was Reflection Man

young? pshhhhhhh you're never too young enough for this stuff man. your adventure has only begun... trust me on that

Default Highschool cologne?

Hey guys im looking for a scent that I can wear to anything and the girls love. Also isn't to cloying/annoying and isn't too crazy. Thanks you

Default Re: Highschool cologne?

I wore Jade East when I went to high school. Some how I don't think it will work today.

When I was in high school, Jovan Musk was popular, I wouldn't recommend it that either ;-)

Renato's nephew swears by Paris Hilton for Him (That's the right one, isn't it Renato?), so I say that one is tried and vouched for. It'll ge a good one to check out.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Rochas Man

Ed Hardy's Love and Luck

Gucci Pour Homme

Safe, simple, inexpensive and easily accessible fragrances that high school girls go gaga for:

Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    A*Men (& Friends) by Thierry Mugler
    Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani
    Armani Code by Giorgio Armani
    Fierce by Abercrombie
    1 Million by Paco Rabanne
    L'homme (& Nuit) by Yves Saint Laurent
    L'Eau D'Issey pH by Issey Miyake

If I had to pick one, it would be Acqua di Gio. Girls don't care if they know 10 other guys who wear it. They will still love smelling it on you.

Go old school on em and break out the Polo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    Safe, simple, inexpensive and easily accessible fragrances that high school girls go gaga for:

If I had to pick one, it would be Acqua di Gio. Girls don't care if they know 10 other guys who wear it. They will still love smelling it on you.
    So true for high school. Later on girls may care...because then they have more experience with dating, get reminded of bad dates/boyfriends with a certain scent, ect..

Don't worry so much in high school. just wear what's popular and safe.

There's no real correct answer to this question. I could write out a list a mile long but if none of them are YOU, they're not going to work. You have to find a scent that sort of embodies your personality, something you feel comfortable wearing. If it smells nice (hopefully it will since that IS the point) and you feel comfortable wearing it then you're going to give off a certain confidence, and girls seem to like confident guys (so I've been told). I'm a senior at my high school, but I don't wear any traditional high school scents because I don't feel they match my style. I still get compliments though.

Look at Bokchoy's list if what he's describing fits you better though. It's a case of "to each his own." Whatever you choose I hope your fragranceexperience is a pleasant one

I am going to agree with previous posts! Ed Hardy L&L is a fragrance that is geared to attract a younger more vibrant audience. It's a must for HS and even college!

Girls seem to like 1 million by Paco its a decent fragrance that won't break your wallet

Boss #6 by Hugo Boss
    L'homme by YSL
    Aqua Di Gio
    212 by Carolina Herrera
    Curve For Men
    Fierce by Abercrombie
    Tommy Hilfiger For Men
    Chrome by Azzaro
    Versace Pour Homme
    Swiss Army Classic
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    D&G Light Blue For Men
    Curve Connect
    Love & Luck Ed Hardy
    Guess Man by Guess
    Slate by Banana Republic

All of these are perfect, non-offensive scents that the ladies will adore, trust me.

Default Next fragrance for a teen

Well first off, I'm 16 and I currently wear SoCal from Hollister, Aqua Di Gio from Giorgio Armani, and Guess Seductive Homme.

I've just recently gotten the Guess, my girlfriend told me to buy it but I do like it.

What's some other colognes that smell great overall and women approve of?
    Last edited by socalwoman; 23rd December 2011 at 01:40 PM.

Default Re: Next fragence for a teen

Issey Miyake
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Also, I wouldn't mind something that smells different than my current three bottles.

If it helps, I'm a pretty relaxed guy, but I'm very active and play sports.

Burberry London

YSL LaNuit de LHomme
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Try Lacoste style in play (red) its a sporty fruity frag great for spring and summer and even fall, it gets compliments and wont break your bank. If you want to pay the extra buck then a*men original thierry mugler.

Cant go wrong with Azzaro Chrome

Thanks everyone!
    I'll be sure to check these out when I go shopping with my girlfriend tomorrow.
    More suggestions would be great, I'd like to keep it under $60-70 per bottle

I'd love a great smelling scent that women love, and not many men wear.

I'd like to start smelling different, and hopefully better, than the majority.

Guerlainista

I recently purchased a set of Dior minis for a 15 year old relative. He's a year ahead so most of his friends are your age. He had been abusing everyone around with copious amounts of Axe body spray, and I figured it was time to put a stop to that.

Of those, the ones that he liked best were Eau Sauvage and Dior Homme. Both also happen to be excellent. Who would have guessed he actually had good taste under all that Axe! Check those out.

Check out Boss Bottled. Its a great fragrance and should stand by you right through college and beyond. A truely great fragrance and women love it to!

I'll look into those two, thanks.

What about the Dior Homme Sport?

I haven't seen that one. Any idea where I could find it?

Dependent

If you really want something that you think your girlfriend / women will approve of, it may be drastically different than your tastes.

What came to mind: Gucci Guilty, Le Male, or Versace Man Eau Fraiche

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyL View Post
    I'll look into those two, thanks.

What about the Dior Homme Sport?
    I've only sniffed it once or twice in a shop. I don't remember much about it, but many of these "sport" flankers tend to blur together for me. Eau Sauvage would work in the same situations, and is more distinctive. Plus, no other 16 year old guy is going to be wearing it.

If you're going shopping, you may as well check it out.

Some advice: Don't try to test too many things in one outing though - your nose will get fatigued after about 3. Find 2 that you think you like and spray one on each arm, then walk away. Do something else for a while - see a movie or have dinner or something. Sniff them occasionally over a couple of hours.

Never buy anything based on the smell right out of the bottle. Most fragrances smell very different in the first half hour than they do the rest of the day.
    Last edited by rubegon; 21st December 2011 at 12:24 AM.

That Versace you mentioned, if it's as good as the reviews on Sephora say, is very well priced.
    1oz lasts me a good while, so $40 is good in my opinion

In that case, I'll look into the Savage
    Just please, never recommend Polo, especially Polo Black to me.
    Not only do I not like it, EVERYONE around here has a bottle.
    Same goes for Abercrombie and Hollister fragrances

I think tomorrow I'll try the Vasace Man Eau Fraiche and Dior Eau Sauvage tomorrow.
    I might take a whiff of 1 Million for the heck of it.

What do y'all think of 1 Million by Paco Rabanne?

If you want to smell different and unique then 1 millions not the way to go lol its a nice scent but legit EVERY teenager is wearing this at clubs and at school. Versace Man eau fraiche is a really nice inoffensive frag and by the sound of ur description youll prolly like it. Eau savage i find is kind of for older people but its fresh clean and crisp so its not bad. Dior homme sport is nice but pretty expensive

Well what do you think would be better than Eau Sauvage?

Is Chanel Allure Homme and/or Chanel Allure Homme Sport any good?

Banned

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Allure Homme, Versace The Dreamer, Dior Dune pour Homme.

I have heard good things about 1 Million, but I heard it's pretty common.
    I'm tempted to try it since most people around here won't pay for quality colognes.

I got my girlfriend to smell some Versace Man Eau Frauche, Dior Eau Sauvage, and Paco Rabanne 1 Million.

First was 1 Million, she liked it, but said it was just alright.

Second was Eau Fraiche, she really liked that one and instantly said it was better than 1 Million.

Then we smelled Eau Sauvage. Neither of us liked it. It seems, like canuck21 said, seemed like it was for older people.
    Not like my 70 year old grandfather's disgusting stuff, but not like something I'd wear. Seemed like a median, like something for middle aged men possibly.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

one million ,allure homme sport, hanae mori, love and luck, fierce, aqua di gio (everyone wears this)

Default Re: Scent suitable for a highschool teenager.

one million ,allure homme sport, hanae mori, love and luck, fierce, aqua di gio (everyone wears this)

Most of this stuff is easy to get an at a fair price .

Default Re: Colonge to wear to a highschool dance

armani code , hanae mori,

something subtle but at the same time leaves a trail and projects well enough.

i know people will hate but Fierce might work for this.

Default Re: Scent suitable for a highschool teenager.

Most likely Antonton has graduated from High School by now.

i am in highschool as well

the thing is eau fraiche is very common .

if she doesn't like one million i would recommend allure homme sport, hanae mori, love and luck, fierce, or code.

all are really good complement getters and apart from fierce people at your school probably wont have it

i am a highschooler and it is a pretty good collection

what i do recommend is that you get a few more fresh or summer scents

unless you live in a place that is cold for most of the year i would get Love and Luck or dior homme sport. not exactly 'fresh' but can easily be worn in class in the summer.

i find allure gets too cloying sometimes

Default Re: Best cologne for a teen guy?

armani code