Code of Conduct

Thumbs up I bought something very inexpensive yet absolutely great!

Along with cherry, blackcurrant, apple, and plum, blackberry is my favourite fruity (non-citrus) note. I have always loved blackberry, in a form or another.

From the Finnish online auction I bought this juice called Mure Sauvage (Wild Blackberry). It is a scent by Yves Rocher, and it didn`t cost me much. (5 euros for a 100ml bottle.)
    This YR scent is not in the Directory, for some reason.

You probably won`t believe me, but this is one damn delicious juice! It is really not an artificial-smelling at all not too much candy-like or strong either.
    No, it smells very soft and natural, and to my surprise, it lasts on me forever! 12 hours easily!

It is pure and straightforward blackberry scent, with creamy, and a bit green undertones.
    It doesn`t have the musk or fruitiness which are in L`Artisan`s blackberry scents. And it is not as feminine as MPG`s Eau de Mure.

This is a fine take on blackberry, and it is completely unisex imo. I have worn this now couple of times, and felt myself more than comfortable with it. And like I said, it lasts whole day through with gentle drydown. Sillage is very satisfying, too.

High quality stuff to me, and especially considering the great lasting power, I prefer this to L`Artisans Mure et Musc (and Extreme). And I wonder anyway, where is the nose which could separate this from being even a niche scent, if we would make a blind test.
    I must admit, it isn`t my nose at least!

I will be happy to wear this on me and on my clothes, but also I believe this will work out very good on sheets and on the pillow as well. Such a soothing, subtle and beautiful aroma. Like a smooth, a bit softened ice cream with red berries.

If anyone sees this somewhere, I suggest you to try it. You might like it as much as me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I bought something very inexpensive yet absolutely great!

Pigeon,
    Great tip, thanks! I am a huge fan of fruit, and I like the idea of a blackberry scent. I guess that means that I'm a fruity fellow!

I know that many people don't like strong fruit fragrances, and if they collapse when I walk by, that's OK - they'll probably awaken sometime soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I havent tried this one but I prefer MPGs' better composed and longer lasting Fraicheur Muskissime to the L'Artisans Mure et Musc offerings.
    -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yves Rocher is quite good at "true to life" scents, I have several. Their gardenia is popular on the women's board, and lilac, and vanilla, I think. My only complaint is that the scents don't last long, but the price is sure right!

According to the Yves Rocher website, Wild Blackberry is part of the Les Plaisirs Nature beauty care range. Other EdTs include Raspberry, Coconut, Mango, Peach, Pear, Apricot, Vanilla Bourbon and Litchi. However, some of them are only available in 20ml - most of them are available in both 20ml (4,20 ) and 100ml (7,50 ).

I'll have to investigate these when I go to Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    It is pure and straightforward blackberry scent, with creamy, and a bit green undertones.
    It doesn`t have the musk or fruitiness which are in L`Artisan`s blackberry scents. And it is not as feminine as MPG`s Eau de Mure.
    That's interesting because I could never really get into berry scents, and it's probably for the reasons above.

Great work, PigeonMurderer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I havent tried this one but I prefer MPGs' better composed and longer lasting Fraicheur Muskissime to the L'Artisans Mure et Musc offerings.
    I'm not impressed with Mure et Musc Extreme. Haven't tried Fraicheur Muskissime. I find the black currant note in MPG's Route du Vetiver to be extremely high quality and compelling.

Post Thanks / Like

I found it here but can't find it here in the USA?

I'd love to try it as LA'P Mure Extreme is one of my favorites

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    Along with cherry, blackcurrant, apple, and plum, blackberry is my favourite fruity (non-citrus) note. I have always loved blackberry, in a form or another.

From the Finnish online auction I bought this juice called Mure Sauvage (Wild Blackberry). It is a scent by Yves Rocher, and it didn`t cost me much. (5 euros for a 100ml bottle.)
    This YR scent is not in the Directory, for some reason.

You probably won`t believe me, but this is one damn delicious juice! It is really not an artificial-smelling at all not too much candy-like or strong either.
    No, it smells very soft and natural, and to my surprise, it lasts on me forever! 12 hours easily!
    Pigeon,
    I got myself a bottle of Mure Sauvage, and it is quite nice! I found it to be a gentle, mostly linear, pleasing blackberry scent. I didn't have quite the longevity that you had with it, but it was adequate.

As you said, they have a whole bunch of fruit scents, as well as more traditional colognes (I think some of those did make it into BN). The fruit scents are very inexpensive. They emphasize natural ingredients.

At first I did a couple internet searches to find it, as it isn't in BN. Going to the Yves Rocher site is confusing. After fumbling around a bit, I realized that they have lots of websites, one for U.S., and a whole bunch for other countries, and they don't necessarily connect with each other. I just looked again to see if I could get a list of all the sites, and I failed to find it, even though I had stumbled upon them before. The different webmasters are evidently not on speaking terms!

There is an yvesrocherusa.com, yves-rocher.co.uk, and yvesrocher.ca, so we at least we've covered the UK, US, and Canada.

The delivery wasn't super-fast, but did arrive within the estimated time. They do hit you with a bunch of catalogs, ads, and so on (I'm opting out of those).

Thanks again for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

YR scents are great for a cheap fix. I found the mure to be a little too sweet on me, but I love the pomme and cassis. Definitely worth trying any of them. If any of you like scented shower gels, they are worth trying as well, lots of suds and well scented.

Yeah, YR scents are great for the price but they're either rip-offs of other scents or / and lack good longevity. I tried all their scents, when I was in Paris, planning to buy a few and walked out of the store (after a couple of hours) with nothing. Interestingly enough, the French don't think highly of their products.