Code of Conduct

Default something like Blu but...

I like a lot Blu and Blu Notte by Bulgari, elegant and refined fragances, slightly powdery, with a hint of chocolate very sexy. The problem is in my skin, are a little weak, and their sillage it's under the medium, really. For me it's the opposite of Amen, for example, a in-your-face fragance, strong, chaotic, thick.

I would like to find a fragance similar to blu-blu notte combo, but with a more strong presence and better sillage, maybe not too powerful like Amen, but more enjoyable in my skin.

Any idea?

Default Re: something like Blu but...

Hmm...So you find even Blu Notte too weak? I think that these middle-of-the-road-for-strength scents are highly variable on each person's skin. Therefore, you should take any recommendations you might get with a grain of salt. Try to get out and sample these recommendations first.

That said, I think that Carolina Herrera for Men might be close to what you're looking for. It strikes me in the same vein as Blu, and may be a little more potent than Blu Notte. Several other male scents by Carolina Herrera also feature ginger.

Another fine scent imho that you might try is L'Essence de Must de Cartier . This scent features ginger, along with cinnamon, grapefruit, cedarwood, vetiver, and patchouli, among other notes. It is more complex, deeper, and longer-lasting than Blu or Blu Notte, and may also work well for you.

Jeff

nearfantastica

Try Arpege PH.... very sexy powdery vanillic scent, a little spicy... sweeter than Blu, but similar in the powdery drydown.. a lot tamer than A-Men.. you may really like it.

a.

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani
    Hmm...So you find even Blu Notte too weak? I think that these middle-of-the-road-for-strength scents are highly variable on each person's skin.

Curious with that brand, cause all the Bulgaris I tried (Blu, Blu notte, Pour Homme, The Vert, The Blanc) are very "discrete" on my skin, for my tastes (Aqua lasts more on me, but I don't like it at all).

I had to have Blv before I've got it. Now I've had it !
    Last edited by narcus; 9th September 2006 at 11:22 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I love BLV Notte and I really haven't smelled anything close to it as of yet. Sure there are many powdery fragrances that have similarities, but they're not BLV Notte, if you get my drift.

Why not spray more on yourself? It's not a weak scent (it's not a power scent either...) Remember that as the day progress, the human brain blocks the scent from you (kinda like entering a room that smells bad, but then not noticing it a few minutes later.)

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by chris2005
    I love BLV Notte and I really haven't smelled anything close to it as of yet. Sure there are many powdery fragrances that have similarities, but they're not BLV Notte, if you get my drift.

Why not spray more on yourself? It's not a weak scent (it's not a power scent either...) Remember that as the day progress, the human brain blocks the scent from you (kinda like entering a room that smells bad, but then not noticing it a few minutes later.)
    Hey Chris, is this the 5 o' clock free crack giveaway? haha