Code of Conduct

Default Review: Magnetism for Men by Escada

Magnetism is a scent that is not afraid to push the boundaries and see how far it can take a fruity scent. Now, I usually don't like fruit smelling colognes but the sweetness in this scent is wrapped up in a a metallic vibe that makes it very two-faced but in a good way. This is the perfect scent for a night of bar hopping and clubbing, but can be used effectively on a one on one date. The smell of this scent pulls girls into my magnetic force feild and never lets them go.I really love how this colognes progresses through many stages in it's journey. It starts off smelling like sweet shiny grapes that makes a bold impact. When it moves on to the middle notes you got more a woody feeling but you can still smell those sweet shiny grapes that makes the scent what it is. The notes in this cologne contrasts each other very nicely and one is never over powering of the other. A very well made scent from start to finish that I would recommend to anyone from 18-33 that wants to make a bold statement.

Default Re: Review: Magnetism for Men by Escada

I totally agree.
    This fragrance for me really pushes the fruit flavour, but evolves into a complex fragrance with very nice wood mid-notes and a fantastic dry-down, in my opinion. This is one of my favorites

Magnetism is one of my personal favorite colognes, and I'm proud to say its one I bought before frags became a hobby for me. I owned Magnetism for about a year prior to discovering B-Notes, and I never have regretted the decision to buy it! I'm looking forward to wearing this for a more mature-casual audience, because that first year I owned it was my senior year in high school, and I don't think the girls knew what to make of the smell. Since college I've started getting some reassuring compliments, but regardless of reaction, it's an undoubtedly good, unique scent.

I really never saw (er... smelt) magnetism as a fruity fragrance per se, but I can see how one would say there are "metallic grapes" in it, though I think the notion is very abstract. There's just something really nice about this frag, and it's one of my most complemented from the ladies. I really appreciate this one.

If you like the drydown, try Diesel's Zero Plus. They are two polar opposites at the start (Zero Plus is very cinnamon-y and spicy), but their drydown is very, very similar.

Magnetism is also probaly the most feminine cologne I have. This is defiantely not an everyday scent and I only wear it every once in a while or for clubs or special occasions.

Haha this is kinda funny. I posted a review of Magnetism using the term "metallic grapes" a long time ago. Now everyone seems to agree, and i'm the only one that doesn't smell it. It's probably my most commonly worn frag, and after many many wears since that review, I really smell more of the spices (saffron I guess?) than the fruit and metal.

For the first few minutes, yes, the smell is pretty unexpected and could be mistaken for shiny grapes. However, I still don't understand WHY. If you pay close attention to it, there is nothing in particular that smells metallic and nothing in particular that smells like grapes. The whole concoction just gives it that vibe. This is a much more complicated frag than people give it credit for. I don't know. I'm going to wear some right now and contemplate it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I found it to be very short-lasting on me, and therefore swapped it away.
    Btw, good review there, KingMist.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Thanks nightowl

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    I found it to be very short-lasting on me, and therefore swapped it away.
    Really!? Wow, for me it rivals Visit.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I own it, and honestly I cant stand it. It smells like a perfume my Aunt used to wear. Eww. I am trying my hardest to rid myself of this stuff, as I havent and wont wear this stuff.

This is an awesome frag with great staying power...everyone notices it in a positive way!

I think somebody once said (possibly in the reviews) that Magnetism smells like, in a nutshell, grape koolaid... and I agree.
    Favorite blend:

Piment Brulant by L'Artisan (2 sprays)
    and
    Plum Japonais by Tom Ford (1 spray)

I'm wearing Black XS, and damn if it doesn't remind me somewhat of Magnetism...must just be the fruitiness of it.
    Last edited by knightowl; 10th September 2006 at 07:00 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I like Magnetism a lot, but I don't perceive it as fruity at all. I get a warm powdery blend of pepper, wood, amber and musk. To me it has a similar 'feel' (but not smell) to YSL M7.

The first few times I tried Magnetism I thought it disappeared quickly. But as I tested it more and have worn it extensively, I find the lasting power to be good. On me, it tends to stay fairly close to the skin, but projects more if I get heated up.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP