Code of Conduct

Default It deserves to dissapear!

We usually talk about frags that should be brought back to production and of times of yore being better than nowadays or about new reformulations gone awry, but what frag(s) would you say deserves discontinuation?

i'll start with one: (IMHO)
    Dior's Higher Energy (sorry fans, that is, if there are some...)

what do you propose deserves the trash can/dustbin?

Default Re: It deserves to dissapear!

Drakkar noir... yyyyuck

Thrax

The original Aramis needs to be taken into a field and shot in the face.

Basenotes Plus

I agree with Jesse on this one. It has served it's purpose and has been around since the sixties.

Serpent

I'd normally nominate Nu, which remains the single worst fragrance I have ever smelled. But it looks like Yves Saint Laurent is on the fast track to discontinuing this one for me...

Quote Originally Posted by anthony
    Drakkar noir... yyyyuck
    I love the Drakkar, my compliment king, it is not popular here, So I dont smell it everywhere like the people in the USA do, but I find it wonderful the top notes are not very nice but the drydown is light lavender with moss and light leather, I love it.
    Last edited by incedal; 9th September 2006 at 03:32 AM.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Joop! Really needs to go, seriously the sillage is dangerous to peoples health.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Colours by Alexander Julian...bleurgh

Pleasures, Dune

Boss In Motion... And all its clones..

In fact, Hugo Boss should disappear from the fragrance industry altogether.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    Boss In Motion... And all its clones..

In fact, Hugo Boss should disappear from the fragrance industry altogether.
    I like Boss In Motion

Anything Claiborne
    Last edited by DJB; 9th September 2006 at 05:59 AM.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

I dont think any deserve to be discontinued really, we all have different tastes as this forum shows!

However i do feel if you are caught wearing Joop in public, you should be arrested and forced to attened an anti social behaviour rehab course in a maximum security institution.

coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Drakkar Noir

Santos De Cartier

Realm

In my opinion EVERY perfume that refuses to do its job should disappear. Ofcourse we all have our own liking for a particular way the perfume smells but if that fragrance disappears from you in no time its a total waste of our money.

From my collection i would say the following shud be buried:

Acqua di Gio

Essenza di Zegna

Zanzibar

Ferrari Black

Bazar

and the list will continue coz i am an impulsive buyer..........

gupts
    Last edited by gupts; 9th September 2006 at 10:39 AM.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    In my opinion EVERY perfume that refuses to do its job should disappear.
    I never knew perfume had a JOB. It's not the scents job to wear you and make you look good. It's your job to carry the scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    I never knew perfume had a JOB. It's not the scents job to wear you and make you look good. It's your job to carry the scent.
    i wonder wut did u interpret when i said a perfume had a job...well i wud clarify it for you now..A perfumes job is give out fragrance....and a perfume that has good longevity is doing a good job....i wonder wut wud one carry if there isnt anything to carry ( i mean no fragrance at all).

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo_the_Bear
    Colours by Alexander Julian...bleurgh
    I`ll second Colours, this is vile juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Longrove
    Drakkar Noir

Santos De Cartier

Realm

Realm? I can only agree if your basing this on the pheromone propaganda. The frag itself is a highly inoffensive light oriental, which i think is pretty good actually. Do you really find it disagreeable?

The original Aramis needs to be taken into a field and shot in the face.
    Hey - I'm wearing it today!
    Renato

RTbar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    I'd normally nominate Nu, which remains the single worst fragrance I have ever smelled. But it looks like Yves Saint Laurent is on the fast track to discontinuing this one for me...
    oh yeah defenitly NU EDP... I cannot beleive this was reccomended for men, it has a sickening floral note. I'll also add insense ultramarine and tsar, all marshalls/tj maxx frags

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RTbar
    I'll also add insense ultramarine and tsar, all marshalls/tj maxx frags
    Hey sometimes Marshalls/TJ Maxx have great finds!!! They're great places to find one's favorites for half the price.

As for disappearing, I'll nominate all the Curve spin-offs, except for the original.

And Axe. Yes, I'm guilty of wearing it sometimes when I'm being lazy, but I wouldn't miss it.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

original santal. what a mess. every other creed sits on a line from like to love but this needs a catagory of its own. help. erwin's coming.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    original santal. what a mess. every other creed sits on a line from like to love but this needs a catagory of its own. help. erwin's coming.
    I have a feeling the Creed fils will be too busy doing promotional photo shoots at Klosters to do much beyond rubberstamp the fragrances the uncredited, secret perfumer team will be concocting for Creed...

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    I guess no house is perfect - not even the mighty Creed
    -

Quote Originally Posted by scentinell
    Realm? I can only agree if your basing this on the pheromone propaganda. The frag itself is a highly inoffensive light oriental, which i think is pretty good actually. Do you really find it disagreeable?
    I just couldn't appreciate the fragrance...it was almost sickening.

I thought it was already discontinued, but if you see any send it to me I will certainly make it disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by womble
    I`ll second Colours, this is vile juice.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Hey - I'm wearing it today!
    Renato
    Jesus. I'll pray for you...

Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mechieri

The most malevolent, atrocious, and debilitating to the nasal cavity creation I have ever experienced! And irony of ironies, the stuff has remarkable (re:nightmarish) longevity and sillage. I scrubbed with Dawn dish liquid nearly half a dozen times and could not remove the scent entirely. In fact, even after all that washing my wife swore she could still smell sillage wafting about. Alas, she was even more repulsed.

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceFan255
    Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mechieri

The most malevolent, atrocious, and debilitating to the nasal cavity creation I have ever experienced! And irony of ironies, the stuff has remarkable (re:nightmarish) longevity and sillage. I scrubbed with Dawn dish liquid nearly half a dozen times and could not remove the scent entirely. In fact, even after all that washing my wife swore she could still smell sillage wafting about. Alas, she was even more repulsed.

Fleur De Phew! ? Ha !
    -

I was expecting somebody saying: Kouros ! (Though I wouldn't support this).
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I guess no house is perfect - not even the mighty Creed
    Yes, it's too bad that Olivier had the current son that has made updated "originals".

I also nominate P. Diddy's Unforgivable for being a poorman's version/knockoff of MI.

Oh yes, and Cool Water for knocking off GIT.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Fleur De Phew! ? Ha !
    Heh. Should be called

FLEUR DE MOUFFETTE

I'd nominate these:

-Kenneth Cole Black and Signature: Yeah, Reaction should stay, as it's their best-seller and the only decent men's scent that this house has pumped out, but the other two need to be sent to the dungeon.
    -Chaps Ralph Lauren: This drugstore swill was never worthy of Ralph Lauren's name to begin with.
    -Z Zegna: Totally wretched... I can't believe that people actually wear this stuff.
    -Tag Bodysprays. This wretched attempt by Procter & Gamble to compete with Unilever's Axe needs to be shown the door. Memo to the Tag "brand manager": Consider yourself warned.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Talking Re: It deserves to dissapear!

Versace The Dreamer.

Truly sickening and disgusting. Smells like Donatella looks.

Sables : All it needs are the pancakes.......GAG!

Yatagan : Made me feel like hugging the porcelain throne!

J.F. : Just stanky!

Navegar : LAP should be ashamed!

I know, I know; many of y'all love these but IMO, they are an abomination, there only use being a swap .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Although I own Reaction and Claiborne Sport, anything Claiborne should be burnt... Nobody would miss them.
    AND THOUSANDS OF NICHE STUFF! (Ambre precieux, racine, sables, messe de minuit etc.)

Everything post-Baldessarini from Hugo Boss + Dark Blue.

Everything post-Be from Calvin Klein + Escape.

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme - let´s make the process short.

Everything by Ermegildo Zegna.

Ralph Lauren Romance and Polo Blue.

Morgan de Toi.

Everything from Armani except the original, the first "tube" and maybe, just maybe Code.

Everything post-Devin from Aramis.

Dior Higher.

Everything from Cerruti, except the pink one for women.

Versace Eau Fraiche + Man.

Everything post-Cool Water from Davidoff.

Everything except the original and Uomo from Sergio Tachini.

Everything except the original and Eau from Paco Rabanne.

With all this gone, going to the mall would be less painful!

MMM =)

Talking Re: It deserves to dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Longrove
    Drakkar Noir

Santos De Cartier

Realm
    Hmm... I like Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt

Everything except the original and Eau from Paco Rabanne.

MMM =)

You dont like XS and the much-lauded Black XS ?
    -

Aaaaaah, sorry!

XS is great no doubt. How could I forget!

The black one is absolutely disgusting though... Sugary, sticky, synthetic raspberry - horrible.

MMM

Post Re: It deserves to dissapear!

Le Male and Boss Bottled might not be THE worst fragrances, although they are pretty bad. All the same, these are the two I would pay to get rid off. Every finnish guy wears either of these in huge doses, even at the gym. That's nightmarish experience folks, I tell you.

There are way too many that deserves to go away for me to name.

For me, The Dreamer & Champs Elysses.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Siding with FragranceFan255 on this one, and rather loudly at that. Fleur de Peau is an atrocity. It reminded me of L'Heure Bleue put through a lye bath. Also, shockingly, TDC Osmanthus.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Aaaaaah, sorry!

XS is great no doubt. How could I forget!

The black one is absolutely disgusting though... Sugary, sticky, synthetic raspberry - horrible.

MMM
    Sugary, sticky, and synthetic are all my middles names when it comes to scents. I would like to drink Black XS just to see if it tastes as good as it smells.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    i'll start with one: (IMHO)
    Dior's Higher Energy (sorry fans, that is, if there are some...)

what do you propose deserves the trash can/dustbin?
    Agree on Higher Energy.

I'd add Sander for Man. Just awful (shudder!)

I would like to drink Black XS just to see if it tastes as good as it smells.
    LOL ...

Try Nesquick Strawberry milk. Every time I drink it ... it reminds me of Black XS.

Arrow Re: It deserves to dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinzien
    Hmm... I like Realm.
    I only wore it because it was supposed to have pheromones in it. I wore it for a short while but just couldn't continue because the smell gave me a headache.

Default Nope

Let all the flowers bloom.

Besides, I have a better idea: may all these eager executioners have their very favourite fragrances to turn into pee-poo-stink-o-rama the nanosecond it hits their own skin!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Nope

Besides, I have a better idea: may all these eager executioners have their very favourite fragrances to turn into pee-poo-stink-o-rama the nanosecond it hits their own skin!

...........Yes, right on par with all the ohhh-soooo invaluable urine soaked alley bum, 2-Bit hooker contributions.......

Serpent

Default Re: Nope

Quote Originally Posted by John.com
    ...........Yes, right on par with all the ohhh-soooo invaluable urine soaked alley bum, 2-Bit hooker contributions.......
    So what, everyone's being wished to smell like Kouros?

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley
    Siding with FragranceFan255 on this one, and rather loudly at that. Fleur de Peau is an atrocity. It reminded me of L'Heure Bleue put through a lye bath. Also, shockingly, TDC Osmanthus.
    Misery does love company

I'd love to know who actually owns a bottle of this. Not a sample or even a decant. But an entire bottle. That way we know where to send the police for public indecency.

I've smelled some pretty bad frags in the past, but for me Serge Lutens Miel de Bois takes the cake for most vile and repulsive IMO. It's the only one that I had to wash off immediately after sampling it.

Thumbs down Re: It deserves to dissapear!

The BOD Man line...no wonder you get 8oz of it for like $7 bucks, plus it looks like a mini bottle of Windex, it's horrible...

L'Eau D'Issey. What a terrible headache that gave me. To me that smells like honey topped with sugar over sugar topped with honey, with a drop of water. I can't take it.

yet another vote for LeMale! yuck...

i also forgot to mention that somebody has to stop Paco Rabanne's Ultraviolet diarrhea of releases. It's crazy!
    last but not least, ever since Carolina Herrera (the daughter) took over the creative aspect of the Herrera perfumes, the quality has gone downhill, as oppposed to their sales, wich are ten times bigger than before with the 212 stuff, but i would propose getting rid of many of the 212 "special editions" that are just, at best, copies of the same basic formula.

the last great perfume Herrera has launched was , to me at least, the safe but very pretty fresh-berry oriented Carolina (for women) and for men: Chic for men of course. Do not even try to discontinue those two!
    Last edited by castorpollux; 13th September 2006 at 06:36 PM.