Code of Conduct

Exclamation new: Dior Pure Perfume

In October, Dior is gonna re-launch the perfumes: bottle 7,5 ml and refillable spray 7,5 ml:
    Miss Dior Chérie
    Poison
    J'adore

Dolce Vita, Dior Addict, Dune and the other pure perfumes will be discontinued! I have a small doubt about Miss Dior, as it's their first fragrance...

I hate them!
    La Science des Rêves

Serpent

Default Re: new: Dior Pure Perfume

Quote Originally Posted by MCocteau
    Dolce Vita, Dior Addict, Dune and the other pure perfumes will be discontinued! I have a small doubt about Miss Dior, as it's their first fragrance...
    Even Diorissimo, Diorella, and Dioressence will be discontinued? I don't know if the latter two has pure parfum still made, but Diorissimo does.

yep! they want to SELL, not to LIVE IN THE PAST.
    La Science des Rêves

Now that's very annoying indeed.

I have never found "my" Dior but I feel for the fans of the house anyway.
    I would have a fit if Guerlain would discontinue their Classics in parfum extrait!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

i had found 50ml tester bottles of both Dior Addict and Dolce Vita perfume, and I love them! Dolce Vita perfume is very close to Shiseido's Feminité de bois...So Lutens
    La Science des Rêves

That is bad news. I have both Diorissimo and Miss Dior in parfum. And although I don't wear them often any more, it is a real pitty. The classics (particularly Roudniska's) should be protected by law and always be available in their original formulas, even if for a higher price. They are worth it.

Miss Dior in parfum is completely different than the EDT. Diorissimo in EDT pales in comparison to the richness that is displayed in the pure parfum. To think that these will be replaced by mediocre scents as J'Adore and Miss Dior Cherie (sorry for any fans, but that's what I think about them) is sacreligious and saddening.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Serpent

Maybe they'll still be available in parfum in the original Paris boutique, like Diorama supposedly is.

I would understand if Diorella and Dioressence would be discountinued, those perfumes were never really successful in the first place (though I absolutely love Dioressence). But Miss Dior and Diorissimo are real Dior classics. Last time I was in Le Printemps department store in Paris, the Dior counter featured a new display putting their perfume extracts (including Miss Dior and Diorissimo) to the foreground.
    also)
    The UK edition of Vogue often features Diorissimo pure perfume extract in their perfume articles (also in this month's French Vogue). It's a classic gift in London's high society for "débutantes". Also it was the signature fragrance of late Princess Diana.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 12th September 2006 at 10:24 PM.

It's bad enough when they reformulate. But discontinue them completely? Horrible. Why don't they make a limited quantity and raise the price? But what can we do about it?

i have dior's eau de dolce vita which i am absolutely mad about. so i decided to get dolce vita unsniffed and i got a brumee parfumee ( i guess that means body mist?! no alcohol ) it doesnt feel right when i spray it though. so i was not very happy about that? could the EDT be a lot different?

To compensate for that dissapointment i got myself finally a 15ml parfum bottle of Diorissimo, Bois de Jasmin and Ayala are correct about it. It really smells oh so Divine!

Miss Dior is up on my list this week. I really can't wait.

Anymore Dior's that is worth the try? how is Dune for women?
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by MCocteau

I hate them!
    i just hope this isn't true! dolce vita is one of my all-time favorites.
    the bastards!