Code of Conduct

Default On average, how many times do you apply fragrance(s) throughout your day?

I find myself applying fragrances 3-6 times per day, depending on what I have on my agenda. This seems like quite a bit to me, but then again, I like to constantly change.

How many times per day do you apply fragrances?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: On average, how many times do you apply fragrance(s) throughout your day?

Wait do you mean different scents or the same scent? I usually re-apply 3-5 times a day.

Default Re: On average, how many times do you apply fragrance(s) throughout your day?

Three:

In the morning before I levae for work, before I go to work and when I leave work.

If it's a long lasting fragrance, I only spray on my shirt at lunch and apply again mid-afternoon rather than before I leave work.

Well, most days, being 46, just apply once before I leave for work. Maybe, if I have church or a meeting or a nice dinner, I will reapply when I get home from work. Maybe on a Saturday or Sunday, twice, but usually just once in the morning. That is why I like longlasting scents and those that tend to project. I am finding myself tempted to get those roll on applicators to decant scents to freshen up at lunch, but I have two Creed spray bottles and I fear I would somehow mess up the spray nozzle trying to uncrimp it, and I dont trust that spraying it into a funnel into an applicator bottle is going to keep from wasting the juice.

Sam

Generally two rounds of applications in the day is tops. Sometimes 3 such as lately having so many samples to test drive.

My usual thing is a round of something to start the day. Then something in the early evening (usually different) or I at least do so after I've showered and dried off.

One for the day. Two if I go out that night but it'll be just another spray or two.

Just once in the morning before i leave for work. I apply enough to last the entire day. Also, i apply enough for it to be just as strong as i'm leaving to go home at night as it is when i first arrive at work in the morning.
    Awesomeguy

3/4

Once

About four or five times over the course of a day.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Usually 1-2 times. The second time I'm usually applying a new fragrance or testing out something else.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Usually twice. Once after showering in the morning. Then once at nighttime for comfort. As I've been exercizing more often these days and hence showering more, it's going up to 3.

Depends on the scent, with some one application is sufficient, with some others one or two more might be necessary.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Normally twice always after showering,three times if I go to the gym.

depends on the scent...

if i happen to wear 1 frag for the day, i usually go for 2 (strong scents)/3-4 (lighter scents) sprays and then reapply after a couple of hours.
    if i happen to wear more than 2 frags for the day, the sky's the limit! :bounce:

Just once in the morning. If I'm going out after I come home from work, I might apply again.

Once in the AM before work, and once in the PM after returning home from work, exercising, and showering.

Add me to the once in the morning, once in the evening camp. I usually change to something else in the evening from my daytime scent.

Jeff

Normally only once, in the morning. Seldom twice, depending on the situation.

Longevity makes the difference.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Once for the day, once for the evening. I don't generally reapply the same fragrance either.

Blog Entries

Because most of my faves are notoriously short-lived, I usually reapply 2-3 times. And sometimes when I go out, I'll even bring a little atomizer to refresh if I feel it's needed.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I apply once in the morning and I don't re-apply. If I shower in the evening I'll most likely pick a different scent after that.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I usually exercise once a day, either at lunch time or early evening. So I usually apply twice, and usually change scent the second time.

Banned
    Blog Entries

3-5 times a day.

Once in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3 View Post
    Just once in the morning before i leave for work. I apply enough to last the entire day. Also, i apply enough for it to be just as strong as i'm leaving to go home at night as it is when i first arrive at work in the morning.
    Just once in the morning. Quality fragrances should last all day and night.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Only once a day 90% of the time. If I go back out for church or a dinner, I'll reapply the same scent I wore that morning if I don't shower. If I shower again, I'll pick a different scent.

Basenotes Plus

I'm once a day too unless I have something special going on in the evenings. Then I will usually just reapply the same scent later in the day if I haven't showered. Part of me says that a quality scent should last through the day and I like to sample at night.

Basenotes Junkie

Before work, dif scent after work, sometimes before bed.

Once in the morning after the shower and before going to the hospital and whenever I take another shower to go out wherever it is (except the gym).

Basenotes Plus

once in the morning.

if i go out at night, i'll apply a different fragrance after showering.

twice-three times

once in am, then if it's a strong scent i will skip reapply but will try another scent at night after i shower.

other times once in am, then if it's a weak scent i will layer another on top, figuring the first one is pretty much gone. then after evening shower try a different scent.

i have plenty of bottles so im not worried about wasting juice. anything that is rare or discontinued i will only spray in the morning or if im going out for the night....

twice-three times

once in am, then if it's a strong scent i will skip reapply but will try another scent at night after i shower.

other times once in am, then if it's a weak scent i will layer another on top, figuring the first one is pretty much gone. then after evening shower try a different scent.

i have plenty of bottles so im not worried about wasting juice. anything that is rare or discontinued i will only spray in the morning or if im going out for the night....

I apply it when I get out of the shower in the morning unless I'm going out later that night, which I'll usually shower and apply again but it may or may not be the same scent.

2 or 3. I usually apply a Guerlain cologne (Imperial or du Coq mostly) after work and then something for the evening a bit later.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog Entries

If it is a longevity monster, just in the morning. But I own some very short-lasting frags like Penhaligon's that I might wear to church, then apply something different when I get home.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Default On average, how many times do you apply fragrance(s) throughout your day?

Usually just once for my winter rotation because I find they are plenty strong. I keep a decant of my fresh summer scents at work for a re-up after lunch.

Usually just the once; occasionally twice or three times if I actually remember to take the bottle or an atomiser with me. I usually leave my arms, wrists and hands clear in case I want to do any sampling over the course of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    once in the morning.

if i go out at night, i'll apply a different fragrance after showering.
    Same here

Once in the morning. Sometimes on the weekend I will reapply in the evening if we are headed out, but depending on what I'm wearing that isn't always even necessary.

Once.

I only re-apply after a shower and I am going out. Don't want to be the "Cologne guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    Once.

I only re-apply after a shower and I am going out. Don't want to be the "Cologne guy".
    Exactly this. I'm a 'once a day' guy.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Member

Normally just the once in the morning, but if I've been to the gym in the afternoon/showered twice/going out in the evening I'll reapply when necessary.

Holy necrothread, Batman!

I just do it once in the morning post-shower as I head off to work. If I'm going out on a date or something, I will apply again but in limited amounts.

Once a day on the average is largely sufficient to me, especially if the longevity, projection etc. of the respective SOTD is good.

once if it's a long lasting frag, twice (again after lunch) if it's short-lasting one and I remember to take the bottle to work.

Once in the morning before work
    Once in the afternoon from a 5ml decant after lunch if I'm not too busy and I don't think it'll be too noticeable that I've reapplied.
    Once in the evening if I'm going out for dinner or a date. 99% of the time a different fragrance if the previous one has died enough otherwise its the same one or I shower and apply if its something important. (Usually I shower before I go to sleep though.)

2 applications at the most.

I usually do 1-2 sprays in the morning. Pretty much all of my fragrances last on me for the duration of my day. I only apply a second time if I am going out at night. At night, I may do 2-3 sprays at the most.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

Once. Sometimes, after the gym, I'll apply something different to test for the evening.

Once and only once!

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    Just once in the morning. Quality fragrances should last all day and night.
    Not true. Some don't because they can't be made to and still smell the way they do. Some are meant to not last long.

All good things are not the same, just as not all good cars have 600 horsepower.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Only once in the morning for most days. If I go out at night, I'll change my fragrance

Depends on the fragrance and the day (if I'm at home or out). Something like D&G The One I can apply 3-4 times throughout the day if I'm home or doing errands. If I'm out I like to pick something that will last for 5-6 hours at least, so I only need to apply it once.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Not true. Some don't because they can't be made to and still smell the way they do. Some are meant to not last long.

All good things are not the same, just as not all good cars have 600 horsepower.
    Good points!

3 or 4
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

Once.
    Twice if I'm showering away from home.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

twice a day usually, in the morning and then in the evening before I go out.