Code of Conduct

Default Spraying with a shirt on or without.

This may sound like stupid question and probaly has been anser but when I get out of the shower in the morning, should I apply my frag before I put on my shirt or after?

Default Re: Spraying with a shirt on or without.

Well, that depends on whether you want the frag on your shirt or on your skin. I assume you mean you're applying to your skin. If you have the shirt on, a small amount of the mist is bound to get on it while it's trapped in there. So, the question is, do you like any of your scents on clothing? Most of it would be on your skin either way, so I doubt it would matter too much.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

You should put it on before you get dressed. The fragrance needs to get on your skin. That is where the majic comes from. It makes it a little more personal because it changes it just a bit to give you a unique quality that you wont smell on others. I wear one spray on the shirt as well but that is for longevity.

I would advise you to apply and then put your shirt on.

Yes, I spray it on my skin then lightly on the shirt for added longevity and sillage. I try not to spray it directly on my shirt. I do a 'walkthrough'.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    Yes, I spray it on my skin then lightly on the shirt for added longevity and sillage. I try not to spray it directly on my shirt. I do a 'walkthrough'.
    I like that method. Do you spray on the wrist as well. I think my spraying regime will be
    1 shot on the neck
    1 shot on one wrist (or should it be one shot on each wrist)
    and 1 walkthrough shot after I get dressed.

3 on chest after shower, two on neck, another to the outside of my shirt for longevity, wrists too. Maybe the back of my neck as well if it's a lighter frag. On average, 5-7 sprays. Less w/Kouros.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Shirt on. Ive noticed some of the initial drydown is absorbed by the shirt and the scent seems to last longer. The scent as released by the shirt also smells slightly different than scent on the skin so a combination of both can be a good thing.

Also, how long before class should I put the frag on? I usually don't put it on right before because I don't want to be noticable. How long before should I put in on?

Shirt off.
    I usually apply the juice without my shirt and then wear the shirt. This allows the juice to melt with your skin and becoming "your" but meanwhile it's permeated also by the shirt. I only re-apply some sprits with shirt on in case of light juices.

Shirt off,I find the clothes absorb a ittle of the scent.

I normally do all my applications right out of the shower, after toweling off of course. I find that after applying the fragrance to my skin (chest area), it rubs off on my shirt a tad -just enough to be noticed, but not enough to tamper with my own natural smell + the scent I have on that day.

The times I have sprayed directly on my shirt, it seems as though the cologne mixes with the laundry detergent smell and is not as pleasant as it would be directly on my skin.

Say if I have a class at 10, when should apply the frag?

Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Shirt off,I find the clothes absorb a ittle of the scent.
    Ditto.

I generally apply my fragrances without pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMist
    Say if I have a class at 10, when should apply the frag?
    I never usually takes longer than a half hour for the sharpest parts of the topnotes to settle. So I'll say 9:30. Depending on the frag of course. If its something like L'Eau Par Kenzo or Bvlgari PH, you could probably apply while walking in the door and nobody would care.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'd say for a heavy frag, apply without a shirt. For a lighter frag (or a frag where you really like the top notes), apply with a shirt on.

I generally apply without a shirt.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

My SOTD today is GIT. I have class at 10:00. At 9:10 I apply one shot to the neck and one shot to the back of the neck. Without a shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento
    Do you also rub the interested parts after praying them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento
    :bounce:
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Do you also rub the interested parts after praying them?
    :bounce::bounce:
    Last edited by narcus; 11th September 2006 at 05:13 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I can't even imagine spraying my clothing with fragrance - doesn't it really need to be on the skin in order to develop with your body heat?

My routine: One shot on the back of the neck, one shot on each side of my chest. Maybe the small of the back. Maybe the insides of each elbow.

In reference to KingMist's concerns about it not being so strong, I'll reiterate my own philosophy about men and fragrance - you shouldn't be able to smell it on me unless you're hugging me.