Code of Conduct

Default What is this ebay seller trying to pull?

Has anyone bought from kathys4322/thefragrancedepotstore before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Original Red for Men? I think not!

Has anyone purchased from them and confirm quality and/or the bottles in which the said "original" fragrance is sold?

Default Re: What is this ebay seller trying to pull?

Just look at the fact she has kept her feedback private. That speaks volumes. I saw this seller before and there were several feedbacks saying that the products were not like the original. I would guess that is why the feedback was changed to private. I would go near her auctions.

10 negative feedbacks against 868 positive. Maybe explained by the "packaging":

"For women, a white pillow box with a gold seal and for men, a black pillow box with a gold seal."

An interesting techique.........

Thrax

I nearly shit my pants when I saw a 3.4 of Vera Wang for $12. When I clicked the link and saw the seller, I was dissapointed.

I have seen this packaging before. I was reading feedback on another seller using the same "designer imposter" packaging. If it looks different than the real thing, chances are it is. The other seller had ton's of negative feedback stating that the products were fake and didn't smell the same. Personally, I feel that Ebay should require "imposters" to state that in their ads. If it isn't the real thing, don't say it is.

Buyer be warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Latch35

"For women, a white pillow box with a gold seal and for men, a black pillow box with a gold seal."

Look at how many neutrals, though. . . Not a good bet overall (especially since many buyers are afraid of retaliation if they leave negs)

Quote Originally Posted by Latch35

Yes, and good points, everyone. The statements on her listings sound really fishy and deliberately vague.

For instance, saying that she gets stuff from testers and re-packages it. Doing packaging would take a fair bit of extra effort, not to mention overhead for her own packaging. So she's buying her own packaging, emptying testers into it, and then charging $12 for 3.4 oz.? Yeah, right.

Something has to be wrong. Most likely the juice is fake, and she's counting on the super-gullible to buy the stuff and believe that it's real. I have made a bunch of complaints to Ebay about these vendors that are clearly implying that knockoffs are real, but these vendors continue with impunity. I think Ebay is big enough that only the most serious complaints filter through.

These types of vendors end up hiding their feedback, or starting anew with a different ID. Same deal with anyone who is selling DVD's and won't show feedback - they're burned copies.

I have no beef with vendors who say their stuff is a good imitation of something. It may or may not be, but at least they're honest about it being an imitation. One English vendor put all kinds of disclaimers on his site, things like 'this is similar to blah-blah, but is not actually that item...', and he said that he was legally required to do so. I wonder if the UK Ebay has stricter policies or better oversight, or if that fellow simply followed the rules that others ignore deliberately.

i wanted to get Black cashmere for 12 bucks too, but I've bought once some roller-pen supposed to have the same smell and it really smelled like cheap toilet cleanser. even if she sold testers she could show the bottle! maybe the perfumes are made in china!!!
    La Science des RÍves

If it sounds too good to be true ...