Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thrax

Default The 10 Levels Of Junky-ism

Level 1: You have been at this site for for less than two months and have either have bought, or ordered 5 bottles.
    Level 2: You have enough bottles now that you actually have to "think" about what you are going to wear for the day.
    Level 3: You scorn Axe products.
    Level 4: You start picking out individual notes in scents.
    Level 5: When you are in bed, before sleep, you comtemplate what you are going to wear the next day.
    Level 6: You start looking for scents that have the bodywash, deodorant stick, and aftershave balm and/or any other products in the scents line.
    Level 7: After you have clearly picked out what you were going to wear the night before (see Level 5). You wake up and fight with yourself about what scent you will wear.
    Level 8: You walk around and smell your bottles compulsively even after JUST applying your scent of the day. Also, this may also lead to feelings of regret of what scent you put on.
    Level 9: You think the biggest perk about being a supporting member being able to start your own threads on the swap boards. (I know I do)
    Level 10: You either own, or HAVE owned over 100 bottles, and cant keep one long enough to finish it.

So how far have you been sucked into junky hell ?!? I myself, suffer from all 10 levels of the disease.

Default Re: The 10 Levels Of Junky-ism

I'm up somewhere close to 8, and I've barely been in the frag hobby for a year!

Blog Entries

Hello...my name is Annie...and I'm a CologneJunkie.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Hello...my name is Annie...and I'm a CologneJunkie.
    The first step on the road to recovery is admiting that you have a problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    The first step on the road to recovery is admiting that you have a problem.
    Who said anything about wanting to recover
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Who said anything about wanting to recover
    I have found, through this whole experience, that I am the biggest threat to my bank account.

Hello. My name is Steve. I am a level 8 junkie. And I will never be giving up this addiction.

I have tried, but I'm about as successful at quitting as a nudist is at trying to climb a barb-wire fence.

All but 6, 9 and 10 apply to me... I guess that would be level 8. I would like to add "have you ever been loosing sleep over a fragrance, coming purchase or similar". If that can apply to several times a month, I can still be counted in.
    Last edited by shifts; 11th September 2006 at 08:15 AM.

Talking Re: The 10 Levels Of Junky-ism

I'm a Level 4 Junkie and I've never been happier! Thank you, Basenotes!

Level 8!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietEarth
    [...] I have tried, but I'm about as successful at quitting as a nudist is at trying to climb a barb-wire fence.

Thanks for that mental image, Steve. Made my day!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Oh man!

This is a slippery slope, and I'm slipping pretty fast.

What level would correspond to somebody who on most days does a right wrist vs. left wrist contest while at the same putting the main fragrance for the day on his torso ? Oh, and what about using different ones on upper and lower wrist ? And then changing all of these applications for the night, so one can test-wear 10 fragrances in 24 hours ? And sometimes adding one on the right shoulder and one on the left shoulder ?

Level six
    Was only looking for one bottle,then found basenotes
    And after reading reviews opinions from you smooth talking devils I was hooked.And I know as sure as night follows day that someday soon I`ll be a level ten junky :bounce:

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by marco
    What level would correspond to somebody who on most days does a right wrist vs. left wrist contest while at the same putting the main fragrance for the day on his torso ? Oh, and what about using different ones on upper and lower wrist ? And then changing all of these applications for the night, so one can test-wear 10 fragrances in 24 hours ? And sometimes adding one on the right shoulder and one on the left shoulder ?
    10 for sure. Just because you took the time to write that post, your a 10.

Definitely level 8 : P been stuck there for a long time

Level 8 here... I haven't got to 100 bottles yet.
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018
    Currently wearing: Intoxicated by By Kilian

Level 11. :bounce:

I hit level 10 a couple years ago, and now I've got the DTs so bad I wonder if Axe is any good as I walk around the drugstore.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK

I hit level 10 a couple years ago, and now I've got the DTs so bad I wonder if Axe is any good as I walk around the drugstore.

This is WAY beyond Level 11!

You have to get to the point where you have every other drugstore frag before you even get close to this!

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK

The sad thing is, I do the same thing!

"Level 8: You walk around and smell your bottles compulsively even after JUST applying your scent of the day. Also, this may also lead to feelings of regret of what scent you put on."

Rather spot-on observations that for once I am glad to not be unique. My wife thinks I've gone mad. I think she could cope with understanding an addiction to crack with more grace. I guess it does appear pretty silly to the uninitiated. My stepson loves to bring up how once I had just put something or another on to test drive. Anyhow, one of his favorite things is to come along and 'pick a fight'. So we're tussling and after getting clear of him for a sec I took a moment to throw my arm up and sniff. Suffice to say the absurdity of the gesture tickled him to no end and he still laughs about it. Personally I think he finds it all endearing in a quirky sort of way. He always gets excited when I have something come in and begs to open the boxes and have first sniff. I might be making a future junky out of him. Horrible huh?

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceFan255
    "Level 8: You walk around and smell your bottles compulsively even after JUST applying your scent of the day. Also, this may also lead to feelings of regret of what scent you put on."

Rather spot-on observations that for once I am glad to not be unique. My wife thinks I've gone mad. I think she could cope with understanding an addiction to crack with more grace. I guess it does appear pretty silly to the uninitiated. My stepson loves to bring up how once I had just put something or another on to test drive. Anyhow, one of his favorite things is to come along and 'pick a fight'. So we're tussling and after getting clear of him for a sec I took a moment to throw my arm up and sniff. Suffice to say the absurdity of the gesture tickled him to no end and he still laughs about it. Personally I think he finds it all endearing in a quirky sort of way. He always gets excited when I have something come in and begs to open the boxes and have first sniff. I might be making a future junky out of him. Horrible huh?
    When my sisters, or mom comes around they always smell my stash. When I have a kid I am gonna load him down with stuff. Nothing but the best for my boy. Some Creed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    When my sisters, or mom comes around they always smell my stash. When I have a kid I am gonna load him down with stuff. Nothing but the best for my boy. Some Creed or something.
    If you started with Creed you'd be spoiling him. Then again, you'd be setting the right benchmark as well.

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva

Thanks for that mental image, Steve. Made my day!
    I just thank the Scent Gods everyday that I'm a cologne junkie, and not a nudist. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Level 8, terribly so. And I had on 3 samples today - Bazaar, Tzar and Must by cartier.. and someone smelled me and went, wow, that's a lot of Axe..... Ah well...

Well, these 10 levels aren't enough. There is (was?) a member, who stated that he had 807 frags.

LEvEL 8

am feeling accomplished....wid the goal in my sight.....2 more LEvELs to conquer....

gupts

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Well, these 10 levels aren't enough. There is (was?) a member, who stated that he had 807 frags.
    I believe it was scentemental who had over 1000. Or am I just imagining that?

I ascended 7 levels in 5 months, lets hope I stay here, cross your fingers guys.
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCase
    I ascended 7 levels in 5 months, lets hope I stay here, cross your fingers guys.
    I tried to quit when I had around 5 feedbacks....22 feedbacks later and I am still here.