Code of Conduct

Default Comments on new colognes: L'Artisan, Malle, Molinard

Today is a great day, I returned home from work to have many ordered samples in the mail. My thoughts, and I wonder what you all think as well? I apologize in advance for my lack of descriptive abilities.

1. The vaunted, hallowed Frederic Malle...Extraordinary Vetiver. In my opinion, extraordinary blah. Maybe I had too high hopes based on the reviews, maybe I wanted something that would put me in a coma, I'm not sure. I have a large decant and will use it till the last spray, but so far, highly unimpressed.

2. Molinard Homme III...I bought a decant based on Scenteur's Must Have Summer Frags list; I'm a sucker for aquatics. I was a little reluctant because I can't stand woody basenotes as they tend to give me a headache, but I tell you, this Molinard is top notch. Aquatic, slightly sweet, slighty wood musky...so far, outstanding. I agree, a must have summer scent.

3. Aramis New West...another BN hallowed scent. Ironically, I found it in a dept store though I thought it was discontinued. As noted, I'm a sucker for aquatic scents and pine notes, so New West fit that bill completely. Great scent, I may just buy it, but like Polo Green, CK anything,...it conjures up memories of when I was in school and that may be a bad thing!

4. L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe...I actually purchased this as I happen to love the sweet piney notes. Very, very long lasting compated to other L'As and great sillage; I pull this off very well. I'm not sure what absinthe smells like, but I get the feeling it is drowned out overall. This one doesn't seem to be popular on BN however...but no one says why.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 12th September 2006 at 03:13 AM.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Default Re: Comments on new colognes: L'Artisan, Malle, Molinard

I love the Fou d'Absinthe. It's a wonderfull, fougere type fragrance.
    Where did you get the idea it's not popular? It got pretty good reviews , also on other boards. If you can get passed the comments that it has nothing to do with absinthe, wrong marketing , bla,bla.., than you will find it's a very comforting piny, spicy scent. Perfect on colder days too.

FdA is one of my favorites too.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Yeah, I think FdA was released in the wrong season, especially with all the heatwaves this summer. As we slowly move into late fall, it's going to come into it's own.

Strange, it seemed to me that FdA was a total bomb here on BN, I'm glad to know I was wrong. I agree with the cold weather scent, I bought it in preparation for Fall and Winter! Definitely long lasting too. I wouldn't know what absinthe smelled like anyway!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)