Code of Conduct

Unhappy Bottles and Boxes

i've asked marlen about this a few months ago. but i want to know what you guys think too.

do you keep you frags in boxes?

what do you do with empty bottles?

im running out of closet space. I need advise.

sometimes the bottles even if empty are oh so pretty.

Im a cancer and i find it hard to let go.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Default Re: Bottles and Boxes

My empties are usually confiscated by girlfriends.

Could always buy a cheap bookshelf if you'd like to display them.

I usually keep them in a box. It blocks out the lights and makes them easier to stack and locate. Boxes are wonderful.

I keep them in their boxes in small cabinet away from light and heat. Space is a problem for me, too, and having a lot of things around I'm not going to use causes me stress (I'm a Leo) so once or twice a year, I go through everything and put the most desirable of what I'll never wear again on Ebay, which I sell for cash, and the rest gets donated to a local thrift store that uses their profits to benefit an abuse shelter. Poor women do a lot of their shopping there, too, and they love little treats.

I also give them empty bottles, because some people collect those, and anything I *question.* They can smell for themselves and decide. Donations can be deducted for fair value on taxes, if I itemize, but I don't qualify for that every year. Regardless, it's a good cause.

Many of the new fragrances have synthetic notes I can't wear, I have to purchase on the internet because I live in a small town without a lot to choose from. That's how I make so many mistakes.

You could also use your pretty bottles to decorate with, if you have the space, or get an attractive new cabinet to keep them in.

PS I have a box I keep samples in and do the same with those.
    Last edited by beachroses; 14th September 2006 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I usually keep them in a box. It blocks out the lights and makes them easier to stack and locate. Boxes are wonderful.
    I do the same thing. I keep the bottles in their boxes, and I put those boxes in a bigger box and throw that box somewhere dark. I don't have to worry about any empty bottles (and won't have to for awhile)! But once I do get an empty, I will probably put it on display in the light, since I can finally enjoy the beauty of the bottle and not have to worry about the fragrance within.

thanks for your response guys.

great ideas!
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel