Code of Conduct

Default holiday shopping and gifts

Has anyone started their holiday shopping, yet? Are you going to be buying any fragrances? So far, I've found a few and have been browsing the internet for more ideas.

Here's what I have come up with so far:

Two YSL Paris Roses Eau de Printemps scents for sister and niece (I bought three and am going to keep my favorite)

Carolina by Carolina Herrera for sister in law, who wears the sig scent in that line. My mom recently got L'Heure Bleue for her birthday, so I'm going to get her the Olive Harvest bath and body line from L'Occitane, she loved the sample I gave her. She's elderly and doesn't like to have a lot of different things laying around.

I'm going to get two from Bath and Body Works for a sister in law and niece who live in the Far East and don't have easy access to those stores, price is right and I know they'd like those scents. If you buy three items in their line, they'll give a fourth for free! That leaves two gifts for someone else or myself.

Also going to buy some gift sets from Pacifica Candles. Have you seen that website? It is fabulous. Price is right, they have soy candles, too, and keeping it simple will save me from the aggravation I get every year trying to decide at the last minute. I always blow too much money when I do that. They have some new body creams to match with fabulous ingredients that I am so tempted to try for myself. Some of my gifts have to suit everyone in a family, rather than by individual, so I think that will work out.

I feel so organized this year, because I started early. If I get it all done, I can focus more on making things nice at home, which I often neglect, because of last minute shopping frenzies.

Default Re: holiday shopping and gifts

Arrgh.

Hehehe. Well, I guess this is not a popular subject, but I don't live near nice stores or malls like most of you do, so can't go out and just shop whenever. That's why I browse internet stores and boards, there is a method to my madness.

oh god i got depressed now! i have to get so many presents for so many people that now i just think that i will just give something to people who have actually given something to me before...not too many!
    i'm thinking perfume extraits for really special people...maybe some from chanel.
    i love Carolina too and had a review written for it i think. I found it to be more of a raspberry scent than a strawberry scent but it's eveything that chanel's chance should have been. a classy top fruity scent that has some flowers and a warmer base...(and herrera had it first also)
    I wish somebody gives me L'Heure Bleue -parfum- as a gift!
    i still have to smell paris roses eau de printemps!

Which Paris Eau de Printemps? There is Paris Premieres Roses, Paris Rose des Bois, Paris Roses Enchantee, and Paris Roses des Vergers. Heh, heh, I have them all but Roses des Bois. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Which Paris Eau de Printemps? There is Paris Premieres Roses, Paris Rose des Bois, Paris Roses Enchantee, and Paris Roses des Vergers. Heh, heh, I have them all but Roses des Bois. PM me.
    oh! then i'm ok , i thought there was something that i didn't know of...
    i must have confused that name as a "sole" paris frag but i see that she meant one of the scents you mentioned because they all come out in spring...my bad!

Wasn't the first one just called Paris Springtime or Paris Eau de Printemps, put out in 2002? Five limited editions in all? That's what I thought, so I ordered one with that exact name off PerfumeEmporium and they sent me Paris Roses Enchantees Eau de Printemps, which I just got somewhere else, so I have to return it.
    Last edited by beachroses; 16th September 2006 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses
    Wasn't the first one just called Paris Springtime or Paris Eau de Printemps, put out in 2002? Five limited editions in all? That's what I thought, so I ordered one with that exact name off PerfumeEmporium and they sent me Paris Roses Enchantees Eau de Printemps, which I just got somewhere else, so I have to return it.
    hmmm yes! you're right, YSL thought it was a good idea to get more "printemps " frags each year and then they put the name of the "rose de..." and as a last name "eau de printemps" for each version, so yeah the first was called just Paris Eau de printemps and then the others had "propper" names....confusing!