Code of Conduct

Default Searching for a new one...

My kai coma is over for the year. I'm looking for something....ya know? I think I'm after floral incense. I look at my cool weather favs,

Lolita Lempicka
    Sacrebleu
    Fumerie Turque with a shot of Rose Bulgare
    Chinatown
    KM Loukhoum

and I see floral, incensey, vanilla/tonka.

I'd appreciate suggestions (HELP ME) keeping in mind I don't do well with heavy spice or amber in traditional orientals. So far, I've got Ghost and Ghost Deep Night, and Hanae Mori Magical Moon to think about, and try to try. Can anyone comment on the Ghost house or Magical Moon? Heh, heh. Seriously.

Default Re: Searching for a new one...

Shycat, have you tried Songes? I love it. It's a soft floral, not quite incensey, but the dry down is warm and enticing. I think the EDP will be better for cold weather, while the EDT works well even when it's slightly warm.

Noix de Tubereuse (Miller Harris) is a beautiful, incensy and soft tuberose scent (even if you don't like tuberose you will like this one!)

Narcisse Noir is a very incensey floral in my opinion - the base is so incensey it reminds me of India. And it's an orange blossom and narcissus based scent.

Also - if you like Chanel's 22 you may like Vintage Gardenia by Jo Malone. One of the more interesting scents from this house in my opinion. There is a hint of cardamom and the gardenia is not too heavy at all.

Also - may I suggest from my own collection:
    White Potion
    Palas Atena
    Fete d'Hiver
    Tamya
    - All very subdued orientals/florientals that have that slightly incensey touch at the base (notes can be found on Basenotes' directory and descriptions on AyalaMoriel.com)
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Thank you, Ayala! Yes, the Vintage gardenia is on the list to try, indeed. Your White Potion I quite like. I've tried it, and it's in the running for sure.

Perhaps Caron Parfum Sacré? It is an oriental, yes, but not the ambery kind. Rosy floral heart, spices that seem embedded in cotton, and myrrh.

I'm loving Agent Provocateur so much today and I don't see it in your wardrobe so I will suggest that one to you for sure... I just want to share it with the world

However you might also enjoy Omnia as well!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

L'Heure Bleue edp is my favorite incense/cozy scent. I also received a sample of YSL's Nu ( I LOVE IT!) and that is alot of incense/tonka. I have never tried it but there is Sacre Bleue from Parfums di Nicolai too. Good luck on your search!!