Code of Conduct

Default Muscs KK..blind??

Hey, I just got a tester of Musc Ravageur - Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle,
    and although I like it it fades away too quickley to justify the order, Noir Epices is way better on longivity...
    to my question is MKK similar to Musc Ravageur, is it longlasting and liking MR is it safe to order MKK blind??

Default Re: Muscs KK..blind??

Quote Originally Posted by Nicos
    Hey, I just got a tester of Musc Ravageur - Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle,
    and although I like it it fades away too quickley to justify the order, Noir Epices is way better on longivity...
    to my question is MKK similar to Musc Ravageur, is it longlasting and liking MR is it safe to order MKK blind??
    First of all, I think if you give Musc Ravageur a few more wearings you will see that it is actually one of the longest lasting scents in existence. It often takes three or four wearings to accurately gauge the longevity of a scent. If it still doesn't last on you though, then I guess look into some other stuff.
    But MKK? Blind?!?!? NOnononono! Order a $4 sample from someone on basenotes instead of buying it blind for over $100! Even though I don't like MKK, I definately see the appeal there but that being said it is probably one of the worst blind buys a man can make. Let's just say that the top notes smell like your boxers after a sweaty workout. MR is a much cleaner, more well-behaved scent. Keep trying MR to see if you percieve it's longevity as better, and try to get a sample of MKK. Good luck.

"Let's just say that the top notes smell like your boxers after a sweaty workout."

Hahaha...thats not what I would like to wear...my own boxers smell bad enough, no need in enhancing that smell
    Last edited by Nicos; 15th September 2006 at 02:36 PM.

I would not buy MKK blind unless you get it for a low price and can sell it on and recover your outlay. It's really too distinctive to be a definite hit. I'm still grappling with the question of whether I really like it after three wearings.

It took me five or ten wearings before I actually decided that yes, I do like it.

So, I would not buy blind unless you get it cheap enough to sell it on eBay and make your money back.

where is mkk available? I have been searching on line just to get an idea of the price, cause on ebay it has appeared with astronomical prices and I wondered what the retail price is and just CANNOT find it anywhere for sale!
    is it superexpensive?

btw tried to order a vial of CB musk 2 ml for 15 bucks, and order form said postage was included. got an email telling me postage is actually 7 bucks and I said "no thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    where is mkk available? I have been searching on line just to get an idea of the price, cause on ebay it has appeared with astronomical prices and I wondered what the retail price is and just CANNOT find it anywhere for sale!
    is it superexpensive?
    You can't buy MKK in the US. It's in their "exclusive range," which means it's only available at their Salon in Paris. You can buy it online or over the phone but they will only ship to Europe. The workaround is to have it shipped to a friend in Europe who then ships it to you, or tavel to Europe and have it shipped to your hotel. That's why they're so expensive on ebay.

This site answers lots of these questions: http://freespace.virgin.net/lovely.p...LutensWeb.html

oh thanks. hmmm I have a friend headed to EU at the end of the month.
    Last edited by supermarky; 15th September 2006 at 07:46 PM.

also, I second the motion that MR is very longlasting. try again!

I can nearly always smell Musc Ravageur the next day. I'm being quite lucky with longevity just now actually. I can still smell Bigarade Concentree after a good 8 hours. Some say that one is very shortlived!

Yeah, take the plunge. Get MKK blind. For sure. The sun will rise tomorrow still, and you don't need to go through the expense and emotionalism of a divorce if the scent just doesn't work out.

What the hell. Be a wild and crazy guy.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.