Code of Conduct

Exclamation New Caswell Massey 1752 - Sandalwood?

Guys-
    I just took a look at the Caswell Massey webpage and they have a cologne listed as 1752 - Sandalwood.

I'm not sure if this is a new sandalwood or just their (very good) sandalwood frag in a new package. My fear is, like Greenbriar:

(1) it is a new sandalwood AND
    (2) they will discontinue the old sandalwood

Concernedly yours,
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Default Re: New Caswell Massey 1752 - Sandalwood?

I'm pretty sure it's the same, but I cannot say for sure. I have the 1752 shaving creme in sandalwood and the scent is excellent, although the lather isn't as good as some. Just shaved with it this morning in fact

I haven't tried any of their shaving products; but if I go beardless I might give them a try.

I'll have to stop by the store this weekend (or whenever) to find out if they are different. Curiousity will probably lead me towards this weekend rather than whenever.

I might get some new Newport anyhow while they have the 25% off sale. (unless someone wants to swap something from the swaplist for me for it, hint hint! ).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Ok, here's the scoop.

I went to the Short Hills Caswell Massey store today.

1. They had a tester of Sandalwood in the "1752" bottle perched outside. I gave it a shot. It is definitely the same as the "old" Sandalwood. Good news for me at least.

2. I talked to the SA. She said she called HQ because she was confused about the new Sandalwood as well. Apparently they are going to keep both Sandalwoods. She thinks this is to keep things consistent in terms of their marketing. (I'm not sure this makes sense because I think they have shave soaps, etc. in the 1752 line which are almond oil, not just sandalwood.) Personally I wouldn't mind if they shifted things over to 1752 as the 1752 black bottle looks a bit better than the plain clear bottle, and it helps protect from the light.

My feeling is eventually the finance guys will push to consolidate the line just into the 1752 line once they start seeing excess inventory. Maybe my MBA is good for something.

I also groused about them discontinuing old Greenbriar, but I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere. :/

3. Got a box set of new Newport (cologne+soap+talc+shampoo) for $34.75, and the woman some Elixir of Love No. 1. Don't know if she'll like it; so I got her a mini (if she likes it then I'll get her a set.)
    K