Code of Conduct

Default How do you organize/store your samples?

I've been keeping mine in a box, but I could use some tips on how to get better organized. Does anyone have a system for storage that works for them, so that you can find things more easily? Right now, I just rummage around in there, with no rhyme nor reason to it.

Default Re: How do you organize/store your samples?

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ht=samples+box

There was also another one not too long ago, but I can't find that one right now.

Thanks for the link, ChrisW! That sock idea, LOL! I think the cigar boxes will work best for me, because I can stack them in a drawer or cupboard. I'll just try to sort them out somehow and keep them in plastic bags, inside the boxes. Time for a change, the flimsy cardboard box I was keeping them in just fell apart this week.

I just thought of something else and the answer was right in front of me. This week, I went to WalMart and got some new bags to store makeup and skin care in. One of them looks like a large clutch bag and when it's unfolded, it has four long plastic pockets to hold items in, as well as a hook for hanging, while it's open. They have some really nice new makeup storage bags there, some would be suited for men, as well. If interested. I didn't think of it, at first, because I got them for another reason. Wake up, beachroses.

I'm actually thinking about going and getting a couple of 2x4s and drilling holes in them to keep all my samples sitting upright. I have them all in a tin container that I got when I bought Curve Chill, but I think some of them are leaking.

Hey, that's a good idea. I forgot to put that I would still put them in plastic bags, because I don't want them leaking all over, and label them. I bought two storage ottomans to keep stuff like this in, so it's all out of sight.

A huge pile on my shelf. They have groupings but they are, more or less, a mess!

Plastic bags are key to keeping them from rolling off the shelf but they make testing a little more difficult. Getting those things out of the bag when you've packed it too tight is hard!

Piles everywhere!

I noticed that quite a few of the samples I got three or four years ago have gone bad. I didn't keep too many of them, sold off the ones that weren't for me in lots on Ebay back then, but at this point, I may just toss out a few more that I kept because I'm not sure they are any good. I'm only going to hang on to the fresher ones, which I'll probably do the same thing with soon. I also gave away all my perfume oil samples to a friend who likes that type of scent, I don't. THE WORST experience is trying an old sample that was a favorite and having it stink on my skin, because it's gone bad. Turns me off from a scent and I never desire it again. I've had a problem with minis doing that, too, or receiving new ones that are already "off." I was going to collect them, but changed my mind.

I keep my samples in a plano storage box. It's small, compact, and has plenty of compartments to keep everything organized. For getting rid of clutter I've found nothing better.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...c_1922_1981803

Right now I keep them in a small black velvet bag. I think I'll be making a different way to store them soon since I'm getting more so I need to start organizing them.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Don't have to worry about storing samples as any sample I receive with purchases are gifted immediately to other people.

I still keep them in a small cardboard box. I rarely find myself spraying them, unless I am still deciding whether to buy a full bottle or not.

Dependent

just a box
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't have to worry about storing samples as any sample I receive with purchases are gifted immediately to other people.
    Kudos, as that's incredibly generous of you! I don't have very many yet, so I keep mine all in the same drawer as my regular frags in various smaller bags within a toiletry bag.

Blog Entries

I also don't keep them long...for some reason samples seem to go bad quickly. I bought a tin from Penhaligon's years ago that held 12 vials in a plastic molded insert. It is great, and I keep my vials in there.