Code of Conduct

Default Post 500 Finally!! And Finally, a COMPLIMENT!!

<< POST 500!! >>

Hello folks! I’ve been waiting a while for something noteworthy to use my 500th post on, and a few weeks ago I got it! After almost a year of using fragrances and I finally got a compliment. And let me tell you, this was the best kind of compliment and almost makes up for the months of frustration.

I sit across the hall from a woman that started here about six months ago. She’s a nice person and we’ve always been cordial, with all the normal office chit-chat, yuk-yuks, etc. One day, the first or second day I wore Terre D'Hermes to the office, I stopped at Chick-fil-a and got a breakfast burrito with salsa. I walked into the office, stopped to talk to someone, and she walked by me.

By the time I got to my desk and settled in, some of the salsa had leaked out into the Chick-fil-a bag, and was noticeable from outside the bag. At that point she walked by, noticed the impending leak, and walked into my cube to show it to me. I said “thanks” and didn’t think much more of it.

An hour or so later, she walked into my cube again, stood behind me, and started making pointless small talk about what I was doing. This really got my attention, because in six months she has never, NEVER crossed the threshold into my cubicle!! But for some reason that day, she crossed into my personal space twice! I’m very observant of these kinds of changes in behavior, so after a moment of contemplation, I smiled and said to myself, “It’s GOT to be the Td'H!!” .

Man, what a great feeling! After never being noticed fragrance-wise for nearly a year, was this really a member of the opposite sex going out of her comfort zone TWICE just to check out my silage?

Possibly, but I needed more proof! I got it.

Closing time, she’s packed up to leave, closes the door to her office, and walks into my cube AGAIN!! Just like the first two times, no real pretense, just more small talk about how she’s stopping for a drink on the way home. Wow!!

I was jubilant, but I decided to push it and do another test.

She did not venture into my cube again in the days after that, although we continued with out usual rapport. So one week later I wore it again, and just to be sure she knew I wore it, I wandered into her office that morning to say hello. I made up some excuse to lean over her computer so she was sure to get a whiff. Guess what?

Son of a gun if she didn’t come visiting two times that day! Again the first time since the previous week, and before that, NEVER in six months!!!!

EPIC!! But tell me folks, how does this experience rank with all the other olfactory close encounters you all have had?
    Last edited by OlfaOmega; 15th September 2006 at 10:36 PM.
    There is no Nose....

Default Re: Post 500 Finally!! And Finally, a COMPLIMENT!!

Olfa,
    You animal!!!!!! Nice job. You'll be fighting her off soon, and then others!!!!!

Oh, didn't they tell you? You're not allowed to have compliments until you've made 500 posts (or become a member).

Bravo!!!!
    ThetaGamma

haha Congrats Olfa!! Both the post and compliment!! Yeah, I love the 'unspoken' compliments. When I actually think about it, I realize that, although spoken compliments are a lot more rare, the unspoken ones happen from time to time. But yours seems like the real deal, you should follow up on it. Here's to 500 more posts!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    haha Congrats Olfa!! Both the post and compliment!! Yeah, I love the 'unspoken' compliments. When I actually think about it, I realize that, although spoken compliments are a lot more rare, the unspoken ones happen from time to time. But yours seems like the real deal, you should follow up on it. Here's to 500 more posts!
    Thank you sir and here-here!! *clink!!*

What a relief to get past 500.............
    There is no Nose....

Congrats!

Kouros wins over yet another woman!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento
    Olfa,
    You animal!!!!!! Nice job. You'll be fighting her off soon, and then others!!!!!

Oh, didn't they tell you? You're not allowed to have compliments until you've made 500 posts (or become a member).

Bravo!!!!
    ThetaGamma
    HAHA!! I hope so! Join me in a wolf howl!!

OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!
    There is no Nose....

OO YAYY!!!!

That means Junkie right? Like you weren't a junkie before... HAH!

Havn't seen you around so much lately. Good to see you are still progressing through the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Congrats!

Kouros wins over yet another woman!
    Thank you! But it was Td'H. I just realized I forgot to take the "xx"'s out of the post. I was going to do a search-and-replace after the fact to keep from having to re-type it.

But....Kuros is on my short list for the fall!!
    There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    OO YAYY!!!!

That means Junkie right? Like you weren't a junkie before... HAH!

Havn't seen you around so much lately. Good to see you are still progressing through the ranks.
    Thank you sir, good to be back! Yeah between a bunch of distractions and obsessing over post 500, its been a while.

But my "inner junkie" is alive and well! :bounce:
    There is no Nose....

Congrats Olfa!!!
    What a better way to celebrate your 500 posts than to have the proof your previous 499 have taught you well...
    Wishing you many more posts and compliments as well, spoken and unspoken!

" just more small talk about how she’s stopping for a drink on the way home."

Me thinks that was an INVITATION!
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

mabye you're just getting way better looking or something! She never explicitly said it was the TdH...
    But then again, mabye it was a combo of both!
    Congrats- compliments always feel awesome

Congrats!
    you know, maybe she has always had something for you, but she was just too shy to come forward, so maybe the TdH+your confidence, contributed to the events!
    hopefully, you did go and had drinks with her right? you didn't say...

You say her last stop for the day (well, day 1 anyway) was to drop the info that she was stopping for a drink after work. Ummmm...Think about the indirect leading on that very well may have been.

Methinks it was you rather than the frag.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

I'm going to Chick-fil-A right now!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Terre D'Hermes does wonders indeed, I know that from a similar experience! ))

I'm wearing T'dH today. It's my wife's Birthday and she loves this stuff. I'm wearing the AS Balm and the EDT. Perfect Fall scent.

WHOA!! How did I miss all of these replies?? Thanks for the strategy session gents!

However, I'm embarrased to say that at that critical moment of decision during her after work drinks comment, my brain was so pre-occupied with stupid Basenotes Calculus that it didn't even dawn on me that it could have been an invitation!!

However, Friday comes once every week! Heheheh........
    There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher
    I'm going to Chick-fil-A right now!

TNMA
    You're killing me!!
    There is no Nose....