Code of Conduct

Default Review: Obsession Night by CK

To me this is a lighter and sweeter Azzaro's Visit. I donít even consider a counter-part of the original Obsession. While Night and Visit, bear some common bond, Obsession Night has the smell of rich fruit but can hold itís own on smelling dark and woody, like Azzaro's Visit. The fruit top note of pear and the spicy note cardamom give off the impression of the mysterious yet approachable and curious smell. To me, the scent is pretty much the same throughout its journey, but that is not a bad thing. I just sprayed it on and 15 minutes into it I think I get a faint smell of back suede. It last a good 4-6 hours on my skin. On the dry down it becomes seems to drop the fruits and become woodier. Overall, I think it is a dark yet soothing scent and works great in the winters but can work in the summer weather. If you like woody scents but are looking for some sweetness too, Obsession night does the tick.

Default Re: Review: Obsession Night by CK

Any thoughts on this scent?

The first time i tried this one i was at an airport and didn't think much of it, but let's remember i was in a rush and i was testing other stuff as well, so later on i gave it another try to be more fair with it.
    I happen to like it a lot, and i agree that has nothing in common with the original Obsession for men, in fact why it's called that it's beyond me because, apart from the stated fact, it doesn't really remind me of anything "dark" or "night" unless it's a very fresh, rather luminous night that takes place near the north pole .
    Anyways, i wish that the pear note would have been a lot more prominent but the way it is, it's all right. It goes well with my skin, and it lasts a long time too. I do think that the women's version is better though, but they are, again, nothing alike.
    I think this one is gonna slowly grow on some people with time, and hopefully become a better regarded scent, for CK, this is a step up. Can this one be released in a more concentreted version?
    there si a really good review of this one by marlen over at NowSmellThis.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMist
    To me this is a lighter and sweeter Azzaro's Visit. I donít even consider a counter-part of the original Obsession. While Night and Visit, bear some common bond, Obsession Night has the smell of rich fruit but can hold itís own on smelling dark and woody, like Azzaro's Visit. The fruit top note of pear and the spicy note cardamom give off the impression of the mysterious yet approachable and curious smell. To me, the scent is pretty much the same throughout its journey, but that is not a bad thing. I just sprayed it on and 15 minutes into it I think I get a faint smell of back suede. It last a good 4-6 hours on my skin. On the dry down it becomes seems to drop the fruits and become woodier. Overall, I think it is a dark yet soothing scent and works great in the winters but can work in the summer weather. If you like woody scents but are looking for some sweetness too, Obsession night does the tick.
    This is a very great description in my opinion. I believe this is a very underrated frag, but wish the longevity were better. You are right about the fruit at first and what is funny to me, is that I really enjoy those notes because for the most part, I hate any with fruity notes in them.

MarkC, I am with you. I hate over bearing sweet fragnances. Scents likeAllure and A men are nice but just to sweet for my taste. Obsession Night is good blend of sweets and woods.

I REALLY like Obsession Night. I wore it yesterday, in fact. Longevity is important to me with a fragrance and this one lasts and lasts. I keep getting wafts of the scent throughout the day coming off my skin. I would like to see CK come out with a Night body moisturizer to enhance the experience.

I think this is a pretty smart fragrance and like it a lot. Similar to Polo Black, I suspect it may suffer a little from its "common" (read - commercial) origins, and be a victim of snobbery.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime