Code of Conduct

Default What's the last purchase you made solely for the bottle?

Mine was Guerlain's Vetiver. I wound up leaving a virtually full bottle in a hotel room because I just couldn't wear it, but I really wish I still had the bottle.

I was even considering buying it again, knowing I could never open it, just so I'd have the bottle. Crazy?

Default Re: What's the last purchase you made solely for the bottle?

Guerlain's Coriolan. I mean, it's okay, but I can't see myself ever wearing it, but that BOTTLE.

Blog Entries

I don't have a lot of money, so I HAVE to like the scent if I am to buy the bottle. There are some scents that I really like, that happen to come in cool bottles like Lolita Lempicka au masculin & Givenchy Pi.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line
    Mine was Guerlain's Vetiver. I wound up leaving a virtually full bottle in a hotel room because I just couldn't wear it, but I really wish I still had the bottle.

I was even considering buying it again, knowing I could never open it, just so I'd have the bottle. Crazy?
    I don't buy fragrances for the bottles, it's the juice that matters most. If the bottle is nice, it's just an added bonus.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Quote Originally Posted by DJB
    I don't buy fragrances for the bottles, it's the juice that matters most. If the bottle is nice, it's just an added bonus.
    Same here. I have never bought a scent for the bottle only (some of my scents are decants in apothecary bottles...)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line
    Same here.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

CdG 3. not that i don't like the scent; i do. but i liked it much more because of the bottle.

baald

I find the more you can stick to the juice, the better
    I like to keep frags in decants as much as possible
    one of the greatest things i found about basenotes was that I was introduced to houses without any prior knowledge of their style, aesthetic, or business outside of the frags themselves. I found that the more i looked into what original bottles looked like, or what the houses were all about, that it started to change my feelings towards the frags for whatever reason. Call me easily impressionable, but I like to make my judgements from the juice alone when possible

I want to buy salvador dali PH cause that bottle is crazy. But the reviews are soooo negitive and I'm broke. I already got Le Roy Soleil cause of that awesome sun on the front.
    24, San Francisco, California USA

I haven't purchased a frag for the bottle, but I could see how Vetiver's bottle would make you want to keep it. It is very attractive. I also like M7's bottle. I'm a sucker for modernist style.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

I bought Lolita Lempicka "L" blind just for the bottle. The notes didn't sound attractive. The juice is so-so, and I'll probably wear it this fall, but with little enthusiasm.

I was just STUPID. A great bottle with lack luster juice is just irritating.

I bought Salvador Dali PH for the bottle, but I was already familiar with the fragrance--I knew I would wear it once in a while. I bought Royal Bain Caron / Champagne for the kitchy bottle even though I disliked the fragrance. But it was only a couple of dollars.

I have NEVER made a purchase solely for the bottle, and I doubt that I ever would.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've purchased scents just for the bottle, though I would never pay full retail price for one. Two fragrances where the bottle won out over the scent would be Davidoff Echo and Dunhill. Both fragrances are mediocre, but the bottles are rather nice.