Code of Conduct

Default Sonia Rykiel? Angel? or Wish?

I've been very intrigued by these fragrances, and the differences between them. Sonia Rykiel I've tried a long time ago but had a nasty experience with a terrible headache the day I sampled it... so I've stayed away for almost 10 years, (I think I might be ready for it again). Wish I've never smelled but would love to hear how it compares to Angel or Sonia Rykiel ... Then there is Euphoria, and I wonder if any of the above actually resemble it?

I'm trying to decide which one to go for... Sonia Rykiel? or Wish? I've worn Angel about 5 years ago but ended up giving it to my mother, it was just not right for me then... but now of course I'm curious.

I'd love to hear all your opinions...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: Sonia Rykiel? Angel? or Wish?

My advice is to re-test them all and then decide. It's you who's going to wear it/them, isn't it?

(My #1 choice would be Angel, #2 Sonia Rykiel but that's me...)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thanks Tigrushka

Of course you are absolutely right! I will have to re-test them all... I was just hoping I'd get some direction and opinions of others as well... so thanks for sharing yours... I know that you also like Mauboussin, and to me it too falls into this category somewhere, just not sure where and how....

Thanks again!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Yes, I love Mauboussin, too, and it belongs to the same (gourmand?) family. It's less fruity and more floral than the others, though.

Though Euphoria is quite nice, I tested good ole Obsession simultaneously and Obsession won hands down so I sort of lost my interest in Euphoria at the first (and so far last) test run...

Hi Tigrushka,

Mauboussin is one of my favorite fragrances for cooler weather, (but I'm so disappointed that my spray-trigger is a little wonky these days).

I guess it's gourmands we are talking about here then: with Angel, Mauboussin, Euphoria and Wish on that list. I'm always so totally confused as that what are classified as gourmands and which ones are not on that list.

So I guess then that you could say that Sonia Rykiel is a gourmand as well... what about Lou Lou? and Lolita? and Burberry Brit or Burberry Brit Red? What makes them gourmands? and what disqualifies them?

My husband smells chocolate whenever I wear Prada or Casmir so does that mean that they too are gourmands? Maybe we should start a thread and list all the gourmands or was that done already?

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    So I guess then that you could say that Sonia Rykiel is a gourmand as well... what about Lou Lou? and Lolita? and Burberry Brit or Burberry Brit Red? What makes them gourmands? and what disqualifies them?

My husband smells chocolate whenever I wear Prada or Casmir so does that mean that they too are gourmands? Maybe we should start a thread and list all the gourmands or was that done already?
    I would classify SR and LL as gourmands but not LouLou and I'm not familiar with the Burberrys so can't comment.

What makes a gourmand is some "edible" note like chocolate, liquorice, caramel... Since fruit notes and vanilla were used in perfumes decades before the first gourmand, Angel (1992), they don't "count".

Gourmand thread is a good idea, go for it!

Hi there -

Would it be alright to borrow this idea and start a new thread accordingly? I am very interested in gouramond "crossovers", vanilla/tonka bean/sandalwood scents mixed in with some contemporary (not citrus or flowers) scents. I am hoping everyone will contibute with their personal experiences, so I can purchase with confidence when I have summed up the courage to make a foray in the new fragrances arena.

If it helps, I am currently using Addict. I considered Angel, but it didn't stay on my skin, it seemed to just slip off of me. I have that problem with many perfumes - I think it is not all because of my dry skin, it might also be my chemistry. Anyway, my body tends to hang on to gouramond scents without altering them too much, as compared to what my body does to fruity/flowery fragrances (turns cloying, almost raunchy). Not to mention how flowery scents make me sneeze.

Thank you for considering!

If you want to have a gourmand thread, just start one. Anyone can start a thread on a subject (s)he wants to talk about.

If you'd like to have a Gourmand Day, you can suggest it here: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=183718