Code of Conduct

Default usps shipping question/nightmare

I had 2 half bottles en route (amber sultan and sequoia). They were to be signed for. I never got a parcel, never got a notice. Contacted seller, got the tracking info. According to records I was left a notice to come pick up parcel or arrange another delivery time. Only, seller just said "oh it should be there..." for a week or two before volunteering the tracking info.

So vexing. If there had not been a signature required they'd have left it and I would have my juices. Instead, the parcel is, no doubt, lost at the post office.

I just want to make sure that what they told me today is correct, cause they do not seem to know what they are doing. And that is: they say that after 21 days I can file a claim and get reimbursed. The item was not insured, but they lost it. If it had arrived damaged it'd be a different story but it never arrived.

This must be true, right? I certainly hope so.

Of course I would rather have the bottles. How often does a half bottle come along. Zut alors!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: usps shipping question/nightmare

Did the post office say they returned it to the sender? If it leaked or if they somehow knew it contained fragrance bottles it could be detained or marked undeliverable.

I went thru 'hell' after ordering a bottle of Relax from an ebay seller in Germany a month or two ago. She mailed it out and weeks went by with no frag. We emailed back and forth and finally, it turned up in customs....supposedly . Days go by and still no juice . She did refund my paypal payment. Finally, it arrives.................she had written an incorrect zip code on the addy but USPS still found me Yes, I repaid her.

Said all that just to say don't give up hope just yet .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

There have been packages that have taken as long as two months and a half to arrive after they were shipped to me. Yes, it is true.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

this one could certainly show up in the post office someday when they . . . clean it or something. it's certainly there.

there would be a record if they'd returned it or it was held up for any reason. basically it made it here, then back to the post office. We kind of know where it is, only not exactly.

Anyway, my question is, they will make good on losing my package even though it is uninsured, right? That's my concern now cause its turning up all of a sudden at the PO seems less likely when they've looked and looked deliberately.

I don't believe the PO will do anything for you unless you had insurance...

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

well we'll see. I'm hoping to hear from someone who actually knows from having tried to file such a claim. . . but I can totally imagine these postal employees from how they've been thus far telling me to file a claim when there's no point to sort of get me out of there more smoothly.

Still, if something made it to your door and they don't deliver it then they lose it. . . ! sigh. ..

but I'm sure you meant your hypothetical naysaying in the most caring way!

Absolutely!

Hmm... interesting situation. I'm curious as to whether you can file an Insurance claim with USPS? I was at the Post Office last week, and had a bottle of wine w/ me (wine store beside Post Office), and the postal lady remarked that I couldn't mail the bottle of wine (I hadn't planned on it), b/c USPS prohibits the mailing of items containing alcohol and other flammable liquids.

So would you get in trouble for filing a claim, or how would that operate?

I'm confused about that looking on the usps website Ithought I was dispelled of the notion you couldn't sent liquids/colognes.

actually I'll have to show proof of purchase but that could just be for total was thinking we could say it was a leather wristband from diesel or something. just pulled that out of the air thinking the price would be comperable.

anyway it's not an insurance claim without it being insured, but I think they may assume responsibility for actually losing a package if we can prove the value. while ins would cover damage as well. at least this is my only hope...

of course they may find the package some fine day... but it would take another accident.

Ok, I have to come clean...I have your package!

TNMA