Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    I know it is early but, I have been slowly considering scents that I want to ask for X-mas. Green Irish is such a versatile scent that I don't think I could go wrong with it. Live jazz is also appealing to me and am considering it. Pi is also on my mind but I am weary that this is only a winter scent. Anyone shopping or considering what scents to ask for x-mas?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    Well, Hannukah for me, and I've definately got my eye on a bottle of Fumerie Turque. There are also some assorted decants that I'd like to pick up. It's early but planning ahead never hurts.

  3. #3

    CologneJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Overland Park/Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,789
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingMist
    I know it is early but, I have been slowly considering scents that I want to ask for X-mas. Green Irish is such a versatile scent that I don't think I could go wrong with it. Live jazz is also appealing to me and am considering it. Pi is also on my mind but I am weary that this is only a winter scent. Anyone shopping or considering what scents to ask for x-mas?
    I've been wearing Pi since I finally discovered this awesome frag at the beginning of the summer. However, I ONLY wear it places where I know the AC will be cranked up. I'm looking forward to wearing it as it gets cooler, though.

    I've been shopping a bit, as well. When Gendarme was being sold for cheap at Sephora I got a 4oz bottle to stash away for Christmas, & a 2ox bottle to wear until then .

    I've also stashed away a small bottle of Brit that my friend had bought, decided she didn't like it, & given to me. I think my dad would really like that one. I'm still looking for something for mom...
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

  4. #4

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    I brought my mom Chanel for x mas last year. I would buy my dad something but he has bad allergies and prob would sneeze like crazy. Any other people shopping for christmas? Do you think GIT and Live jazz would be good presents for me? I am open to other scents but out of what I tested these I liked the best. Hope to hear from you guys

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingMist
    I would buy my dad something but he has bad allergies and prob would sneeze like crazy.
    Get your dad some Gendarme !
    -

  6. #6

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingMist
    I brought my mom Chanel for x mas last year. I would buy my dad something but he has bad allergies and prob would sneeze like crazy. Any other people shopping for christmas? Do you think GIT and Live jazz would be good presents for me? I am open to other scents but out of what I tested these I liked the best. Hope to hear from you guys
    Live Jazz is definately worth owning. Extremely versatile and very high quality. GIT, on the other hand, I never warmed up to. Given how expensive it is for a bottle, I would suggest that you buy a decant from someone (can be had for about $10) and make sure you really like it. That's what I did and I decided it's just not for me. I eventually just gave my decant to my friend down the hall who always bothers me for scents so that he'll leave me alone about it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    I have a decant and I'm impressed. Another scent that I might be considering is Blgavri Aqua

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    I think it's always risky to give scent as a gift unless you know the recipient really wears it - no?

    For example, I know I'm always safe with Red Door for my mom, Paris for one of my sisters. But anyone else - a big crapshoot. My dad? another allergy-fest.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Anyone shopping for Christmas already?

    Another scent that has given me consideration for X-mas is Givenchy Very Irreistable. Git is a def but I will have to test jazz, very and aqua all out to get the final one. I think i like aqua the best. So far.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th May 2008, 08:19 PM
  2. Shopping in Paris 1-5-08
    By jdemetre in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd January 2008, 10:32 PM
  3. Montales + CDG Fragrance Shopping
    By nsamadi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30th August 2006, 02:59 PM
  4. shopping lists
    By shifts in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 1st July 2006, 05:39 AM
  5. Weekend shopping spree
    By DarkStar in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th February 2005, 04:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •