In the developing world of Internet forums, this is the first truly international community I've ever joined and I am proud to be part of it. I've been visiting the site for a while and find it very interesting. There is much to be learned here and perhaps someday I might even be able to contribute.

At 46 years of age, I've only dabbled in the world of fragrances and am looking for a true signature fragrance. My current wardrobe consists of Romeo Gigli, Chanel Egoiste, Chanel for Men, Obsession, Gigli Sud, Versace Black Jeans and assorted cants of Bvlgari, Prada, Cartier and even several Bay rums.

Powder and sandalwood are my least favorite base notes (even worse at the same time), but they seem to dominate the market. I think the fragrance I'm looking for would likely have cedar, balsam, patchouli and/or musk base notes. The fragrance should also only be detectable to someone within my personal space or if I were to invade there's...subtle yet distinctive and provocative.

As a General Contractor in the construction industry, most of my day is spent around other men so sweet flowery notes won't work, but evenings are usually spent with women of various relationships from friendships to courtships. While I can't say cost is not a factor, I do however, expect to pay a premium price for such an elusive request.

Does anyone have any recommendations?