Code of Conduct

Default Which YSL frags have a clean/fresh smell with good sillage?

Ive found the YSL frags to have the best sillage and longevity on me,so any suggestions please...

Default Re: Which YSL frags have a clean/fresh smell with good sillage?

YSL frags and "clean/fresh" smell?

Ok, I guess Live Jazz comes the closest.
    -

M7 Fresh (my SOTD) is certainly fresh smelling. Although the longevity is one of the worst among YSLs, it is pretty good among fresh scents in general.

Rive Gauche may be considered clean by some, though not particularly fresh. I believe there is a RG Fresh or Fraiche or something like that...

live jazz
    m7 fresh
    kouros fraicheur

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I have only tested Live Jazz and it seems pretty fresh and clean to me.

I'm going to have to agree with opium. Well not particularly the type of fresh or clean I imagine you are thinking of, it is ridiculously long lasting on me. I can still smell a light application the next day.

On me Kouros is a very clean scent. On others it may be, as you might expect, oh so very different.

Rive Gauche might be what you're looking for though, it is a lot less risky than Kouros (though Kouros is easier to find + test at least in the US).
    K
    Last edited by MisterK; 25th September 2006 at 07:08 PM.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Agreed, Kouros has some rather bright aspects, great scent for summer imho. One of the Kouros summer versions is probably even more qualified though.

I am a big YSL fan, but not because they're clean and fresh. I like them for their strong, clear personalities.

IMO, it would be nearly impossible to get these mixed up with each other, whereas I'm sure everyone can think of brands/genres where you could confuse one frag for the other.

Rive Gauche is the longevity champ of my entire collection, readily detectable after even 12 hours, so I'm with you on the longevity.

Having said that, I haven't sampled M7 Fresh, Kouros Fraicheur, or the other Sport variants, so one of those might do the trick for you!

Live Jazz is the first one that comes to mind.
    As for Kouros and friends, let's be honest, it's not safe to suggest Kouros as a fresh, clean scent. Of it's friends, I would have to say that one that got mentioned, Kouros Fraicheur, isn't particularly clean. It has some freshness going on, but it is way too dirty to be clean. Some of the Kouros summer versions are more clean, but by far the cleanest Kouros variation is Kouros Cologne Sport.
    As for Opium, uh, just not clean at all. It is a heavy fragrance filled with vanilla and spices.
    M7 Fresh is fresh, but not particularly clean. As long as you don't need your scent to be squeaky clean though, this one could do the trick.

In summary, I'd say your best options are definately Live Jazz, Kouros Cologne Sport, and M7 Fresh. All 3 are good scents, but in my experience take time to grow on one, especially the LJ and M7F. The longevity of KCS and M7F are questionable on me. I think that Live Jazz is the best of the three.

I second Kouros Cologne Sport...as a matter of fact Iīm wearing it right now...but as it is a cologne donīt be afraid of spraying more then usual. If you do, it lasts all day. Its fresh in a soapy kind of way, perfect for office or similar..me thinks

Rive Gauche Pour Homme - "Hale and clean while remaining suitably gray and aloof as all self-respecting fougeres should be."

The new YSL L'Homme ofcourse! .
    While it doesn't have the real YSL qualities according to our BN experts, it does have the two you mention. It's clean and it's fresh!

Another vote for Live Jazz!

Live Jazz is one of the most effervescent frags I know. Body Kouros is a real treat, all that incense and nutmeg. M7 is unforgettably rich and mysterious. My personal faves.

Their latest issue L'Homme left me cold, and abandoned. I almost wept.